Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #211
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Hey,,, I'm not Alone !!!! I go sit in the mh in the garage a lot during the winter... Or since I get only 1-2 vacations a year, this pic is on a weekend by the house... Sometimes we put it in the 2 acre back yard....
We're in the same "boat" as you. Not retired yet, so we have to take RVing time whenever we can get it!! Very nice setup you have there!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Oh my goodness! Sorry to hear it, Martin. Have you a delivery date for the new Jeep yet?
Thanks for your concern, Sarah. The burst in the laundry room wall has been fixed and I've just now located a second in the Demi-John in the west end of the house. That end dates back to the 19th century and the builders then didn't seem to care about air infiltration. So I drained that section before we left, overlooking the fact that the burst pipe was in a non-drainable section. Next winter I will bring in an air line and blow it all out, just like winterising an RV.

No ETA on the Cherokee yet but the tracking system tells me it has been built and is in inspection. Will probably be another 2 weeks yet. In the meantime, the Wrangler is listed on eBay in the hope that an RV'er will take her over. Otherwise it will be traded and I will have to remove the baseplate and the Invisibrake as the dealer has said he would do so and scrap them.

Here's hoping

Martin

Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #213

Newmar Owners Club
Winter camping here in Pa.

To break up the winter here in Pa. (this winter was bad) we go out to the garage from time to time and camp, blinds all closed, seems like summer time inside............I do not winterize it and everything is functional........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04149.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	60169  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #214
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Thanks for your concern, Sarah. The burst in the laundry room wall has been fixed and I've just now located a second in the Demi-John in the west end of the house. That end dates back to the 19th century and the builders then didn't seem to care about air infiltration. So I drained that section before we left, overlooking the fact that the burst pipe was in a non-drainable section. Next winter I will bring in an air line and blow it all out, just like winterising an RV.

No ETA on the Cherokee yet but the tracking system tells me it has been built and is in inspection. Will probably be another 2 weeks yet. In the meantime, the Wrangler is listed on eBay in the hope that an RV'er will take her over. Otherwise it will be traded and I will have to remove the baseplate and the Invisibrake as the dealer has said he would do so and scrap them.

Here's hoping

Martin
Here's hoping you and Sue will have everything fixed up soon and on your way to the fun in Arkansas! You should advertise your Jeep on the iRV2 classifieds; it might be just what some other member is looking for!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #215
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
To break up the winter here in Pa. (this winter was bad) we go out to the garage from time to time and camp, blinds all closed, seems like summer time inside............I do not winterize it and everything is functional........
That's what I say to my hubby; from the inside, the view is always the same!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
.... You should advertise your Jeep on the iRV2 classifieds; it might be just what some other member is looking for!
It is and has been since last Feb. Plenty of views but no takers yet
Old 04-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #217

We had planned to take our new little motorhome to the beach last weekend for an overnighter. Well, after spending the day thinning baby fruit in our peach orchard we were just too darned tired for a trip...

So I told my wife to stay inside the house, while I slipped out and moved the RV our into the orchard. I opened the awning, put the lawn chairs out and chilled a bottle of wine. I walked her out and introduced here to "Camp Peachy!" She was elated!

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the sun, and "camping"... not 40 yards from the house! It was the best time we have had in it so far!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #218
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bglz42 View Post
We had planned to take our new little motorhome to the beach last weekend for an overnighter. Well, after spending the day thinning baby fruit in our peach orchard we were just too darned tired for a trip...

So I told my wife to stay inside the house, while I slipped out and moved the RV our into the orchard. I opened the awning, put the lawn chairs out and chilled a bottle of wine. I walked her out and introduced here to "Camp Peachy!" She was elated!

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the sun, and "camping"... not 40 yards from the house! It was the best time we have had in it so far!!
Love it! Sounds like a great time to me.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #219

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Okay palehorse89 knock it off
Next Fall we won't need a garage, nope we will be somewhere warm!!!!!
too-shay...
MartinC; Don't forget to take pictures of the new rides, don't forget the interior shots. What year was your house built? My brothers was built in 1876 a Farmhouse and so much nice woodwork.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #220

> spritz

Sorry I can't write much. I fell in exiting the rv Tuesday and fractured my wrist. Very very painful and is my dominate right. Surgery late yesterday titanium plate will now set off the TSA Alarms.

Get back to you later about our Farm House.

Martin
Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #221

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
> spritz

Sorry I can't write much. I fell in exiting the rv Tuesday and fractured my wrist. Very very painful and is my dominate right. Surgery late yesterday titanium plate will now set off the TSA Alarms.

Martin
Martin

Take care of the wrist and enjoy sitting around letting wuzzername take care of you.

You gotta learn to milk these things.

regards
Dennis
Old 04-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #222
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
> spritz

Martin
Martin--so sorry to hear of your accident and I hope you are taking full advantage of the pain meds! Good thoughts and best wishes to you and Sue.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #223

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Omy gosh sorry to hear of this considering the season is almost on us.
Best of luck to you and yours.
Prayers go out to you during the operation and recovery.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote