Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
RovinOn's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 667
Quote:
I watch the show. Good show.. I now have allot more respect for the Trump kids. Glad to see they enjoy hunting.
Ditto that!
I worked with a guy who hunted all over the world, some of the meat he bought back when he was allowed was fantastic. For the most part everything he hunted was used to feed the locals.
__________________

__________________
LONG LONESOME HIGHWAY
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Ramblin's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,253
As much as I disagree with CW's decision to pull their advertising, I have to point out that watching Celebrity Apprentice is cruel and unusual in and of itself. There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
__________________

__________________
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
scenic route's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
Amen to that brother. Bob
__________________
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
I was in the Mesa CW and had renewed my Good Sam/Presidents club membership only a few days before this explosion. I had also sign up for the "automatic renewal". After finding CW is anti-hunting, I immediately sent an email and follow up phone call cancelling my membership. Having been a lifelong hunter, I simply refuse to support any business that goes against my beliefs.
__________________
BillK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
As much as I disagree with CW's decision to pull their advertising, I have to point out that watching Celebrity Apprentice is cruel and unusual in and of itself. There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
Thats pretty much all the reality TV shows. Having worked around the film industry its a given that everything, yes even reality TV is pretty scripted and controlled. The only one character I watched was Gary Busey. He brought some kind of insanity to that show. After he left the show I did too.
__________________
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Is this a fun thread or what ? It's like watching Lemmings leaping off a cliff. I can feel the outrage burning holes in my monitor screen. It's time for a sit in at your local Camping World. Lets call it "OCCUPY CW"
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
jzick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Some of the things that are 'perfectly legal' in Africa might make your skin crawl.

Let's call it for what it is, a couple of kids wealthy enough to buy a 'license' to do just about anything they want, including shoot leopards and elephants for amusement. It's revolting, or should be.
So what is revolting? Is it the fact that the animals are deliberately managed to allow a certain number to be hunted? Is it the fact that many of the areas we are talking about could not afford medical supplies or basic foodstuffs if cash from hunting parties was not available? Or is it because part of the fees for the license are the only way to support the wildlife preservation programs there that keep some of these species away from extinction? Or maybe it is just revolting because they can afford the license and safari and we cannot? What the kids did is legal. Their "macho photos" were no different than posing with a trophy bass or a whitetail rack.

When we lived in Africa we met many people who wondered how they were going to survive the winter due to crop damage from elephants, or a large predator cat had decimated their goats or chickens. Their perspective about "endangered" species might be a little different than ours.
__________________
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
akadeadeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
So what is revolting? Is it the fact that the animals are deliberately managed to allow a certain number to be hunted? Is it the fact that many of the areas we are talking about could not afford medical supplies or basic foodstuffs if cash from hunting parties was not available? Or is it because part of the fees for the license are the only way to support the wildlife preservation programs there that keep some of these species away from extinction? Or maybe it is just revolting because they can afford the license and safari and we cannot? What the kids did is legal. Their "macho photos" were no different than posing with a trophy bass or a whitetail rack.

When we lived in Africa we met many people who wondered how they were going to survive the winter due to crop damage from elephants, or a large predator cat had decimated their goats or chickens. Their perspective about "endangered" species might be a little different than ours.
Amen!!! X2 X2
__________________
2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
smiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,679
Thank God they have the Trump boys to fly in and save them.
__________________
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
MAU MAU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 105
The animals the Trumps hunted were NOT endangered, PERIOD.

Most of the hunting fees go to the local community and anti-poaching patrols. I hunt Africa twice a year and know that without legal hunting, most of the animals in Africa would already have been wiped out.

I dropped my Good Sam membership and their Emergency Roadside Service after their CEO made an uneducated knee-jerk statement and pulled the ad's. I do not watch television, but I do not spend money at any anti-hunting corporations.

__________________
Roadtrek 170 Popular
MAU MAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
So what is revolting? Is it the fact that the animals are deliberately managed to allow a certain number to be hunted? Is it the fact that many of the areas we are talking about could not afford medical supplies or basic foodstuffs if cash from hunting parties was not available? Or is it because part of the fees for the license are the only way to support the wildlife preservation programs there that keep some of these species away from extinction? Or maybe it is just revolting because they can afford the license and safari and we cannot? What the kids did is legal. Their "macho photos" were no different than posing with a trophy bass or a whitetail rack.

When we lived in Africa we met many people who wondered how they were going to survive the winter due to crop damage from elephants, or a large predator cat had decimated their goats or chickens. Their perspective about "endangered" species might be a little different than ours.
Great explanation!
__________________
BillK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
The animals the Trumps hunted were NOT endangered, PERIOD.

Most of the hunting fees go to the local community and anti-poaching patrols. I hunt Africa twice a year and know that without legal hunting, most of the animals in Africa would already have been wiped out.

I dropped my Good Sam membership and their Emergency Roadside Service after their CEO made an uneducated knee-jerk statement and pulled the ad's. I do not watch television, but I do not spend money at any anti-hunting corporations.

Congrats on the bull Mau Mau!
__________________

__________________
BillK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing your own oil and warranty question moejean Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 15 03-25-2012 11:49 AM
Hensley and ProRide Prices IWillRVToo Travel Trailer Discussion 3 03-24-2012 10:42 PM
Who travels with an iPad2+WiFi and 3G ? Scooter Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 26 03-20-2012 08:22 PM
National MH jack and generator problem twirtcabal MH-General Discussions & Problems 5 03-19-2012 07:23 PM
Camping in Northeast Pa 85antique Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 6 03-18-2012 08:47 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.