Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I watch the show. Good show.. I now have allot more respect for the Trump kids. Glad to see they enjoy hunting.
Ditto that!
I worked with a guy who hunted all over the world, some of the meat he bought back when he was allowed was fantastic. For the most part everything he hunted was used to feed the locals.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
As much as I disagree with CW's decision to pull their advertising, I have to point out that watching Celebrity Apprentice is cruel and unusual in and of itself. There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
Amen to that brother. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #32

I was in the Mesa CW and had renewed my Good Sam/Presidents club membership only a few days before this explosion. I had also sign up for the "automatic renewal". After finding CW is anti-hunting, I immediately sent an email and follow up phone call cancelling my membership. Having been a lifelong hunter, I simply refuse to support any business that goes against my beliefs.
BillK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
As much as I disagree with CW's decision to pull their advertising, I have to point out that watching Celebrity Apprentice is cruel and unusual in and of itself. There's an hour of your life every week you'll never get back.
Thats pretty much all the reality TV shows. Having worked around the film industry its a given that everything, yes even reality TV is pretty scripted and controlled. The only one character I watched was Gary Busey. He brought some kind of insanity to that show. After he left the show I did too.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is this a fun thread or what ? It's like watching Lemmings leaping off a cliff. I can feel the outrage burning holes in my monitor screen. It's time for a sit in at your local Camping World. Lets call it "OCCUPY CW"
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Some of the things that are 'perfectly legal' in Africa might make your skin crawl.

Let's call it for what it is, a couple of kids wealthy enough to buy a 'license' to do just about anything they want, including shoot leopards and elephants for amusement. It's revolting, or should be.
So what is revolting? Is it the fact that the animals are deliberately managed to allow a certain number to be hunted? Is it the fact that many of the areas we are talking about could not afford medical supplies or basic foodstuffs if cash from hunting parties was not available? Or is it because part of the fees for the license are the only way to support the wildlife preservation programs there that keep some of these species away from extinction? Or maybe it is just revolting because they can afford the license and safari and we cannot? What the kids did is legal. Their "macho photos" were no different than posing with a trophy bass or a whitetail rack.

When we lived in Africa we met many people who wondered how they were going to survive the winter due to crop damage from elephants, or a large predator cat had decimated their goats or chickens. Their perspective about "endangered" species might be a little different than ours.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
So what is revolting? Is it the fact that the animals are deliberately managed to allow a certain number to be hunted? Is it the fact that many of the areas we are talking about could not afford medical supplies or basic foodstuffs if cash from hunting parties was not available? Or is it because part of the fees for the license are the only way to support the wildlife preservation programs there that keep some of these species away from extinction? Or maybe it is just revolting because they can afford the license and safari and we cannot? What the kids did is legal. Their "macho photos" were no different than posing with a trophy bass or a whitetail rack.

When we lived in Africa we met many people who wondered how they were going to survive the winter due to crop damage from elephants, or a large predator cat had decimated their goats or chickens. Their perspective about "endangered" species might be a little different than ours.
Amen!!! X2 X2
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #37

Thank God they have the Trump boys to fly in and save them.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #38

The animals the Trumps hunted were NOT endangered, PERIOD.

Most of the hunting fees go to the local community and anti-poaching patrols. I hunt Africa twice a year and know that without legal hunting, most of the animals in Africa would already have been wiped out.

I dropped my Good Sam membership and their Emergency Roadside Service after their CEO made an uneducated knee-jerk statement and pulled the ad's. I do not watch television, but I do not spend money at any anti-hunting corporations.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post

Great explanation!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
The animals the Trumps hunted were NOT endangered, PERIOD.

Most of the hunting fees go to the local community and anti-poaching patrols. I hunt Africa twice a year and know that without legal hunting, most of the animals in Africa would already have been wiped out.

I dropped my Good Sam membership and their Emergency Roadside Service after their CEO made an uneducated knee-jerk statement and pulled the ad's. I do not watch television, but I do not spend money at any anti-hunting corporations.

Congrats on the bull Mau Mau!

Tags
camping