Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #29

Last trip into CW i was at the counter to pay for my order and handed them my CW membership ( which by the way was JUST renewed for a year because I purchased a New MH) and was promptly asked if I had a GS card I said yes I did but it was in the MH. I was told they needed it ??? I asked what for as I didnt see GS name on the front of the building. The lady spent about 20 minutes attempting to verify BOTH memberships at which time I said "No Problem" I'll purchase the $538.00 items at someplace else. We destroyed the CW card and won't return to CW for any items.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu
Last trip into CW i was at the counter to pay for my order and handed them my CW membership ( which by the way was JUST renewed for a year because I purchased a New MH) and was promptly asked if I had a GS card I said yes I did but it was in the MH. I was told they needed it ??? I asked what for as I didnt see GS name on the front of the building. The lady spent about 20 minutes attempting to verify BOTH memberships at which time I said "No Problem" I'll purchase the $538.00 items at someplace else. We destroyed the CW card and won't return to CW for any items.
Sounds like a scam to me

EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
I offer as evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieZ View Post
I seldom buy from Camping World unless and item is on sale and less costly than the same item on eBay. I (fortunately) don't get the GS mail everyone is talking about but sure do get Camping World emails almost daily. It seems that everything goes on "sale" every week. That means that if I go in a store and pay the listed price I will likely get rooked as the same item will be on "sale" in a few days. I can get almost everything at Walmart or eBay for far less than their so called "sale" price. Never pay full price at CW unless it is something you absolutely cannot get elsewhere and you can't wait a day or two for the price to be lowered.
I got an email this morning offering MS Streets and Trips for the amazing price of $59.95, $10.00 off. However, MS offers the software for roughly $40 and you can get it on eBay for less than $30. Some deal, heh?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Amazing Bogosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
The folks at CW have your membership information in their computer. I know this as I purchased something that I then returned without a receipt. The lady was able to confirm the purchase and my money was refunded. There are advantages of belonging to GS that I have taken advantage of but it seems the playing field changes by the hour.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Sam card is now good for Camping World discount. No need to buy the CW one.
Good Sam membership right now, gets you FREE shipping for any CW item except freight items.

I am Charter Life Member of GS and at the yearly renewal prices(early 90's) when I got mine. My membership now has been Free for over the last 8 years.

Ordered some things last night that was on sale from CW at less then other on line places. I got the FREE shipping.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #34

Another question on the GS membership -

After become a GS member I purchased the rv insurance in which I've had a few years now. In order to keep the insurance, do you have to renew your membership?
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieZ View Post
I got an email this morning offering MS Streets and Trips for the amazing price of $59.95, $10.00 off. However, MS offers the software for roughly $40 and you can get it on eBay for less than $30. Some deal, heh?
So much of what's on eBay is counterfeit that I wouldn't buy it there. Got mine at Office Depot on sale with the transponder for about $40
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #36

I am so disgusted with Camping World. We are Canadians and members of Good Sam. I tried to order some small folding tables from Camping World (which advertises shipment now to Canada for online orders). The cost of the two tables was $9.98 but when I went to check out there was a $36 "shipping and handling" charge. OUTRAGEOUS. I pay for all these orders with my Bank of America CC in US Funds. I can't believe the shipping could possibly cost that much. I asked where they were shipping from and they said Miami. Surely there's Camping World Stores somewhere closer to this country? Does Good Sam or Camping World really think Canadians are going to order items when shipping is 3X what the item costs? Disgusted and frustrated.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #37

Angry Camping World in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhartle View Post
If you don't shop at Camping World where do you go to get the sort of stuff they carry at Camping World? Just on the Internet?
Are there any stores in Canada like Camping World? Does anyone know? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #38

It's because they have partnered with FedEx or Ups, being Canadian i'm sure you are aware of how these two companies rip off Canadians by charging a Brokeage Fee. A bogus charge disguised by paper wok. I only receive parcels shipped by USPS. No such thing called brisk age fees on standard shipped items.

So why does Good Sam and other companies for that matter partner with these guys to ship to Canada? Because they are offered ridiculous low prices to ship from the company because they can get their money back and more by over charging Brokeage fees. They make it very easy for Camping World and sooooo I blame Camping World for not doing their homework and taking big kick backs from shipping North.

Good news, Canadian Tire keeps expanding their RV section znd prices are lower!
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawley View Post
Are there any stores in Canada like Camping World? Does anyone know? Thanks.
Unfortunately, I haven't see them in BC. CW is not bad for some things but you have to be careful. Some prices are good, some are not. It is a store like any else with pro's and cons.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #40

I have a po box in Port Huron ,MI. and get things shipped there and just go pick them up when they notify me there in. no duty, works great
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #41

So, if people don't like CW, where else do you shop in So Cal, specifically LA and the OC?
LadyFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #42
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawley View Post
I am so disgusted with Camping World. We are Canadians and members of Good Sam. I tried to order some small folding tables from Camping World (which advertises shipment now to Canada for online orders). The cost of the two tables was $9.98 but when I went to check out there was a $36 "shipping and handling" charge. OUTRAGEOUS. I pay for all these orders with my Bank of America CC in US Funds. I can't believe the shipping could possibly cost that much. I asked where they were shipping from and they said Miami. Surely there's Camping World Stores somewhere closer to this country? Does Good Sam or Camping World really think Canadians are going to order items when shipping is 3X what the item costs? Disgusted and frustrated.
I experienced sort of the same thing. I was floored on the shipping. It cost as much as the item I purchased.

Tags
camping