Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #29

Just wanted to give an update on the new Gander World opening. In Kenosha WI the GM has been turned into a Gander World and they are experimenting with Gander RV sales. If all goes well they will expand the Gander RV Sales to other Gander World stores. Unknown as of yet how the sales and service will be but the place seams nice. I will try to keep an eye on it and see if it turns out like CW or if it run better. When we stopped in there we were told we could get any rv from any CW store. Don't know if that's true but would be nice if this turns out to be a reliable sales and service center. For now, too new to make any judgements.
Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
There goes the neighborhood

Camping World Announces Deal to Acquire River City Recreation World in the Little Rock, Arkansas Market
March 14, 2018 08:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Camping World Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CWH) (“Camping World”), the nation’s largest network of RV-centric retail locations, announced that an agreement has been signed to acquire River City Recreation World located in Sherwood, Arkansas.

“Our goal with this acquisition is to add more quality manufacturers and brands, increase our presence in the market and grow the workforce.”
Tweet this
“I always look for three things: People, Process and Product in relation to enhancing our Camping World presence, all of which are exemplified by River City RV,” said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman of Camping World Holdings. “Our goal with this acquisition is to add more quality manufacturers and brands, increase our presence in the market and grow the workforce.”

The acquisition of River City Recreation World is in line with Camping World’s future growth plans and the company expects to soon announce several additional markets of expansion throughout the country in 2018.

Camping World currently operates two locations in Arkansas, in Lowell and North Little Rock, with both locations specializing in service, RV sales and retail accessories. With the new acquisition, the company will further expand the market footprint by increasing Camping World’s presence in the state of Arkansas to three RV SuperCenters.

Note: the new “acquisition “ is less than 10 miles from the CW location.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #31

I really loved my neighborhood RV dealer right up until they were taken over by Camping World. It's sad seeing other business suffer the same fate. My local dealer was a fantastic, non pressure oriented place with remarkably honest salesmen, and high quality, fast and reasonably priced maintenance. I really liked dealing with them. Since the buyout they've become a store I won't have anything to do with. My last two RV purchases resulted in my having to drive a considerable distance for both the purchase and servicing as a result. The difference management makes is significant to say the least.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #32

If your not happy with camping world, and you add Gander Mountain to your list, what’s your opinion on Good Sam’s? Marcus owns that business as well.

I’ve only ever heard bad reviews about CW’s RV servicing. The sales seems to be ok?? It’s just once you pull it off the lot and need to take it back. I’ve never had any interaction with CW. But tend to take the advise of forum participants. It’s normally good advise.
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #33

Gander Mountain here is now Gander Outdoors. Owned by Camping World. Not much different from what it was. One more reason not to go there.
SilverBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In my opinion CW ruined Good Sam. The magazine was turned into a sales flyer. All the articles became about some product sold at CW. I won’t do business with anything owned by that group.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #35

Gander Mountain is now the new Camping World in St. Augustine

We are having a lot of ads on TV about Gander Mountain. I went to the St Augustine Camping World recently and they told me they are now Gander Mountain. I hope they improve the service. Folks in the parts (toilet paper, etc.) are very nice but that is the extent of it.
St Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #36

There are some legal issues facing Camping World and Marcus Lemonis and his partners dumping their stock on the market. 10/2018 class action lawsuits by stockholders may have a negative effect on their abilities on the future to obtain wholesale financing for operations. Wall Street doesn't hold high opinions of these operations, and their stock price is dropping like a rock (6/2019.)

The question is how this very cash intensive operation can continue to operate with diminishing stock values and very, very poor customer loyalty? Are these companies the next to line up for bankruptcy?
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world