Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #1

Camping World to the rescue

Hi Marcus, I will try to make this short. I got the best Service EVER on 2/16/2014 at Camping World in Vacaville Ca. Let me rewind a little. I got extremely ill July of 2012. Been in and out of hospital with weekly Dr visits. I found out November of 2013 that my life may end any day now. I'm only 45 years old and want to take as many trips as we can with what time I have left. The wife and I decided to buy a motorhome and purchased a brand new Winnebago Journey 42e. We have been spending a lot of money at camping world buying supplies , hoses, sewer stuff, surge protector and so much more. We bought a 50 amp cord that was on clearance we never opened or used the cord , we found that we where never going to need the cord. So we tried to return it 30 days later only to find camping world doesn't return clearance item(something the sale people should say when making clearance purchases). Me being the impatient person that I am now that I've been ill(something I'm trying very hard to work on , very hard)I stormed off out of your store saying I would never shop there ever again. Just as I reached my vehicle a sales associate came to see what the problem was as he didn't want anyone to leave camping world feeling like I was if there was a solution they could come up with. I told him about the problem of returning our cord and I said I didn't want the money just store credit as we where about to spend $500-$600 on stuff. This sales associate was from the RV sales side not the actual store, his name is Jon Shirar. If it wasn't for Jon stepping in and making our day we would have never spent another penny in camping world period! I would have went home and probably posted on iRV2 forums and it wouldn't have been good. I only hear bad things about camping on the irv2 forum. I will post my experience with camping world on the forums to help with your store in getting a better reputation.
I sent this to the CEO of Camping World. Top notch customer service . I know many of you don't like camping world, but I will keep going back.
2NewRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #2

They do exchanges on clearance items just don't give you your money back. That was not explained when we bought or tried to return the items. I just thought it was great an employee came to the rescue. That's all
Old 02-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Thanks for the post. Glad it all worked out.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #4

Glad things worked out for you, good post. [moderator edit]
Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #5

While you should not have to storm out, and make a scene, I would still commend the salesperson, as that takes some guts to step out and ask some angry person what they can do to help, when there is oohing to gain for them.
Every business would benefit from more employees like that
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good luck with your health issues.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I sure hope your health improves, but as for the sales person, I commend him for a job well done! He saved a customer and kept bad publicity going out against Camping World. If more employee's were like that it wouldn't have to get that far. The cashier could have called a manager with a disgruntled customer and it could have diffused at that point. Great job salesman!!!!
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagamore View Post
I sure hope your health improves, but as for the sales person, I commend him for a job well done! He saved a customer and kept bad publicity going out against Camping World. If more employee's were like that it wouldn't have to get that far. The cashier could have called a manager with a disgruntled customer and it could have diffused at that point. Great job salesman!!!!
The cashier was about 16- 18 years of age, I blame myself and my low boiling point. If I wouldn't have let it get to me I might have taken the time to ask to speak to the manager. Thanks for the comment , I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
Good luck with your health issues.
Thank you , that was nice of you guys to take the time to make nice comments.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NewRVers View Post
Hi Marcus, I will try to make this short. I got the best Service EVER on 2/16/2014 at Camping World in Vacaville Ca. Let me rewind a little. I got extremely ill July of 2012. Been in and out of hospital with weekly Dr visits. I found out November of 2013 that my life may end any day now. I'm only 45 years old and want to take as many trips as we can with what time I have left. The wife and I decided to buy a motorhome and purchased a brand new Winnebago Journey 42e. We have been spending a lot of money at camping world buying supplies , hoses, sewer stuff, surge protector and so much more. We bought a 50 amp cord that was on clearance we never opened or used the cord , we found that we where never going to need the cord. So we tried to return it 30 days later only to find camping world doesn't return clearance item(something the sale people should say when making clearance purchases). Me being the impatient person that I am now that I've been ill(something I'm trying very hard to work on , very hard)I stormed off out of your store saying I would never shop there ever again. Just as I reached my vehicle a sales associate came to see what the problem was as he didn't want anyone to leave camping world feeling like I was if there was a solution they could come up with. I told him about the problem of returning our cord and I said I didn't want the money just store credit as we where about to spend $500-$600 on stuff. This sales associate was from the RV sales side not the actual store, his name is Jon Shirar. If it wasn't for Jon stepping in and making our day we would have never spent another penny in camping world period! I would have went home and probably posted on iRV2 forums and it wouldn't have been good. I only hear bad things about camping on the irv2 forum. I will post my experience with camping world on the forums to help with your store in getting a better reputation. I sent this to the CEO of Camping World. Top notch customer service . I know many of you don't like camping world, but I will keep going back.
When I stormed off I was telling my wife I would never shop at camping world when the sales associate heard me, she still wanted to shop their so I was carrying the cord to my truck. I was only trying to let people know what a great job Camping World did. I blame myself for not asking for the manager or not telling the young lady working the register that I only wanted to exchange my item. Just thought it was awesome how someone from a different department stepped in to try and help make it right.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
While you should not have to storm out, and make a scene, I would still commend the salesperson, as that takes some guts to step out and ask some angry person what they can do to help, when there is oohing to gain for them. Every business would benefit from more employees like that
I didn't so much as make a scene but I did tell my wife from 10-20 feet away while walking away I will never shop here again.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
While you should not have to storm out, and make a scene, I would still commend the salesperson, as that takes some guts to step out and ask some angry person what they can do to help, when there is oohing to gain for them. Every business would benefit from more employees like that
Hi Jerry I agree 100% with your statement.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #13

Hooray for the guy at CW. Glad you got things straightened out. Try to chill some and enjoy your MH and all you'll see traveling. Good luck to you....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Hooray for the guy at CW. Glad you got things straightened out. Try to chill some and enjoy your MH and all you'll see traveling. Good luck to you....
Thanks John, I'm trying to chill. It's been tough. Thanks