Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #15
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Brother in law has had one for several years and loves it. Very fun to ride, takes a little getting used to.

farmallbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The first one I saw was about three years ago. I followed behind two bright yellow Spyders going up a twisty mountain highway in California. I could tell one rider had more experience, he seemed to take the curves OK, the other rider, not so well, It scared me to watch. I kept thinking that single wheel rear was going to come around. Strange but good looking machine.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
TOO pricey for what they are - I'll stick to what I have as long as I can still get a leg over it, and hold it up:

John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
I'll take my Spyder over a bike any day! Traction control, stability control, anti locking brakes, and the ride is wonderful... They are expensive, but fun to ride. More like riding a 4-wheel and snowmobile combination than a bike. Difficult to get use to at first, but once you get use to it you'll love it.
CanAmMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
I see those and wonder why a person just doesn't buy a small convertible of some sort. When the weather turns bad just out the top up instead of stopping to put on rain gear. You still get the feeling of open air etc.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Might as well because sure don't handle anything like a bike. I test rode one and really felt uncomfortable. I didn't care for the ergonomics or the drive train at all.

To each his own though.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #21
Have one in our garage, but have never towed it.
2014 Allegro Red
North Alabama
kbhine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #22
I'm in Gatlinburg today, after a long day's drive yesterday thru the hardest mountain roads in the Smokies.

There are Can Am Spyder's all over these mountains. I cannot tell you how many we've seen.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #23
Bamama, alot of locals from North Alabama, where we are, drive their bikes up to Gatlinburg. We prefer short rides, under a couple of hours, when having to deal with urban driving.
2014 Allegro Red
North Alabama
kbhine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #24
I have a 2010 RTS SM5. That's a 5 speed that shifts with your foot. The SE5 is a semi auto. I also have a 2011 Harley Softail. The Spyder fits in the Toyhauler or a trailer behind the MH. We love the Spyder and it gets more miles than the Harley. I feel more confident and relaxed riding double on the Spyder. Don't be put off by your first test drive. It takes a couple of rides to get used to it.

2016 Wildwood 28RLDS
2014 Tundra 1794 Platnum,"23" T-Bucket
2011 Harley Softail, 2010 Spyder RTS
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote