Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #1

a;lsdjfa;dslja;sldjroewurpqurpweufxv kncxkjvheiyrtpoeurtoei ugtjufeglkfdlv mn;sbkljerout oer uwoypieug;lkbldfnbldkjfs;gudturw[tw[perotiprekg;sdfahhhhhhhhhewuropwriupipwoeriofiernt ;3lrkuto34u0958[dlkfj;lasdjf;aljk

Thank you. I don't really know what that would sound like, but it's how I feel right now.

Just needed to let off a little steam. I get so mad at the people and mods over at RV.net somedays... I don't even know why I go there. People are rude and mods play favorites. (Some people and mods - not all).

Okay. That's it.

Mod, feel free to delete this if needed. I've just got 10 more minutes before I can go outside and I had to get it out...

(Yes, it is definately a Friday and my brain is already sort of fried from the long week trying to get ready for my vacation. I'm not normally this loony.)

Maddox - boxer
AllisonAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #2

a;lsdjfa;dslja;sldjroewurpqurpweufxv kncxkjvheiyrtpoeurtoei ugtjufeglkfdlv mn;sbkljerout oer uwoypieug;lkbldfnbldkjfs;gudturw[tw[perotiprekg;sdfahhhhhhhhhewuropwriupipwoeriofiernt ;3lrkuto34u0958[dlkfj;lasdjf;aljk

Thank you. I don't really know what that would sound like, but it's how I feel right now.

Just needed to let off a little steam. I get so mad at the people and mods over at RV.net somedays... I don't even know why I go there. People are rude and mods play favorites. (Some people and mods - not all).

Okay. That's it.

Mod, feel free to delete this if needed. I've just got 10 more minutes before I can go outside and I had to get it out...

(Yes, it is definately a Friday and my brain is already sort of fried from the long week trying to get ready for my vacation. I'm not normally this loony.)

Maddox - boxer
Old 04-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Ron Schulz Send a message via MSN to Ron Schulz
I know the feeling. I often get aggrivated over at the other web site also. Today I spent washing the trailer. 73deg. outside. Of course were in for a few days of cold rain. Oh well. I'll just have to work inside the trailer......
Old 04-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We are glad that you are here. And you absolutely can vent.
Chet
Old 04-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #5

We heard that all the way up here. Did not sound like the Texas twang though.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #6

Well, thank you all for being so kind. Interestingly enough, I went home and washed our trailer as well, Ron. A little bit of scrubbing and a few beers settled me down. DH has to work tomorrow so we went to bed around 10 pm (freakishly early for me). I woke up around 1 am iritated again though. I guess the soothing effects of the alcohol and endorphins from physical labor had worn off. I was just laying there thinking about if I should repost my last post that got deleted. It was about freaking flip flops.

The only thing I can think is that they thought I was trying to start a chain letter like thing on there. I posted from a letter I got and was just wanting to know if anyone had ever done it. My sister is going to participate and I wanted to be able to tell her good things or warn her about bad things. (Basically it is a letter with 2 names on it. Person number 2 would be the person that sent you the letter. You send a pair of flip flops to person number 1 and then you move person 2 to person 1 spot and add your name as person 2. You then send the letter and blank copies to 6 people. Blah blah blah... The letter says that you get 36 pair for the price of 1, etc. That is why I was questioning it. I think you get 6 pair.) Anyway, I had already checked snopes and stuff and didn't see anything about it. The only way I could honestly ask questions about it was to quote the letter. But it got zapped and it really struck a nerve. You've got some of the rudest and most inappropriate comments over there that I have ever seen and I do a post about flip flops and it is MINE that gets deleted. I don't know what wacked up world they are living in, but it sure doesn't go over well in mine.

But, back to me laying in bed. I tend to try to think all the way through situations. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Sometimes I get carried away. I think I got carried away, because here is the series of events that I was imagining.

** (Remember that the following is what I was thinking about in bed, not what really happened)**
I would repost and try to make myself clearer that I was not trying to ask anyone for flip flops - I just wanted to know if they had ever seen or heard anything about this kind of thing. I was then going to add a PS that if the moderator felt this post was inappropriate and was going to delete it again that I would appreciate a PM telling me what it was violating. Afterall, they zapped it with no explanation - if I didn't see anything wrong with it and they don't tell me what is wrong with it, how can they expect me not to do it again.

Well, then I imagined this email from one of the mods (I didn't get as far as choosing one. I have a feeling that one of them has it in for me, but since I never get an explanation as to why I am being deleted, I don't know who is doing it.) It says that my account is being terminated.

So, I get all irrate because that just isn't fair. All I did was ask for an explanation of what was wrong about my post and they kick me off the site. Others joke in there about how many posts they have deleted - it's just not fair.

So, probably not the best idea, but I send a few emails to some of the people on the site that I have talked to before and tell them about it. Somehow this gets back to the mod that kicked me off and he is irate.

With all the info he has about me, it is pretty easy for him to figure out where I live. One day I hear some commotion and I look out the window and there is a strange car pulled by our front yard throwing something to the dogs. They eat it. The person in the car sees me and sneers. My heart immediately drops and I know I have just witnessed my dogs being poisoned.

I immediately run inside and call the vet and tell her I think the dogs have been poisoned. I want to know if we can be proactive and pump their stomachs or give them charcoal or something. She says she will meet me at the clinic (less than 5 minute drive). As I get the dogs there, my boxer starts convulsing and vomiting blood.

That is when I decided that I was letting my imagination run too wild and I needed to just get up. So, that is why I am logged on in the middle of the night.

I've been up for a couple of hours now, so maybe it is time for some TV and hopefully sleep will come. We leave on Tuesday to go camping at a music fest and I really have a lot of stuff I need to get taken care of this weekend. It would help if I could actually get up at a decent hour tomorrow and not be walking around as a zombie.

Well, thank you for letting me vent. I hope my warped path of thinking doesn't scare any of you - I'm pretty good at keeping things inside (maybe that is why they pop out in the middle of the night). My husband doesn't even know that I was upset this afternoon. I got called a jerk and a nazi one time earlier on the board (I can't even remember what the subject was (I think it had something to do with the Pledge - the post got removed, but not before I saw it and got my feelings hurt.) I talked to DH about it and he couldn't understand why I continued to go back to that site. Neither could I. And now it has happened once again (actually, I've had 2 deleted this week alone).

I'm gonna go watch some tv and hope that it clears my mind a bit. When I return from vacation, I think I might just try to start a 12 step program to quit my addiction to RV.net. If any of you have any tips or want to start a support group, let me know.

Goodnight, everyone.

Maddox - boxer
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #7

Allison, Ref:Scream

My youngest son while in High School cooked for a Steak Restaurant. His best friend also worked side by side.

Every so often they'd get some flak from a waitress or customer. If a bad night they would go into the walk in freezer and close the door and scream. Then they'd come out, feel better and resume work.

One night they forgot to close the door. I don't remember the rest. Art
Old 04-22-2006, 05:53 AM   #8

I got kicked off the www.apachepopups.net forum because I called some guy a Luddite (he thought Apache pop-ups were museum pieces not to be actively used as campers apparently so no microwaves) and this same guy was allowed to SELL stuff right in the forum postings!!! It was something I wasn't used to but it wasn't my placed to say... but I got kicked off because I posted "I'm sure Tim will sell you some" in referrence to something someone else had asked about (and yes, Tim did sell the item). This was right after I got in trouble for posting the Luddite remark... So I quit posting there and haven't been back since.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Allison,don't feel like the "lone ranger" here,we have had bad experiences over there too. We went to a rally at Frankenmuth,Mi. a couple of years ago,never been to the area and the itenerary sounded pretty good.Well,we had no clue as to what went on for the most part,until we got home and read the post from others attending.We were camped right beside the "wagon master" and they had campfires,played games,went on shopping trips but not every one knew about it,only their "little group"! At the "Welcome dinner" no one was welcomed,no one said anything except the right side of the room gets in line first to eat,then the other side.Some of these people came all the way from Tx.,us from NC and folks from further points,not to be even welcomed or thanked for coming. They were going to have a red hat/purple dress luncheon but the assistant wagon masters wife who was heading it up decided she wanted to go shopping instead.She did however tell the ladies who were going to the luncheon that they could dress up and have their picture taken so everyone else would think they had it! I could go on,but won't.That was the second of their rally's we had been to,but definitely won't be attending any more. Oh and in the after rally forum,one guy voiced his opinion that he didn't like the rally and he got a very nasty PM from the assistant wagon master!
Have to admit you always get a quick response to any questions you ask though! Oh,and there was a very nice lady who came up with great ideas for making a cat hammock!
Lol this post will probably soon be locked for flaming the "other guys"!!
Dianne
Old 04-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #10

LOL... The pet section is almost the only safe section over there. We've got two large crates left over from when the dogs used to stay inside and I have been considering bringing them inside, taking the doors off, and putting up some hammocks for my kitties just to hang out in and watch birdies. I'm anxious to hear if anyone tries out my idea and gets it to work. It's one of those things that in theory should work well and be easy to do.

I believe they have lot of cliques over there. You just have to see the huge amount of jcapps threads or wives of jcapps, etc. to get a quick idea that a lot of those people definately know each other better than others.

The main consensus when I get mad in a thread is that I take everything too seriously or personal and I need to understand that they were just playing with me. I may be one of the younger ones over there, but I outgrew the 'playing games' thing a long time ago.

I'm also pretty certain that a lot of people only read the first or second post and then comment, not bothering to read the entire thread. At least that is what I hope they do, because if not, they are just not nice people. I take a magnesium supplement. A while back, I posted something about it and used the brand name that I was thinking about taking. I also quoted some of the stuff it said on the bottle (which did sound a bit far fetched and advertisy". I wanted to know if anyone had ever taken a magnesium supplement and what they thought about it. I had already done enough research on my own to decided I was going to do it. Any way, the flames just came rolling in - a lot of them about taking supplements in general. I don't know how many times I had to keep responding and say that I was not interested in hearing if I should or should not be taking supplements. That I had made my mind up on already. All I wanted comments on was magnesium in general. I eventually got a few good PMs from some of the good guys (there are a lot of them over there), but they wouldn't post on the main thread. They could see just as well as I did that there are certain people out there just looking for an argument and they didn't want to be a part of it. It really upsets me when I can't get an answer because of all the garbage they post. I wanted to close/delete my own thread that time.

And as I illuded to a bit, there are a lot of good people over there. The problem is that the "jerks" are loud and are running the show. It's a good site for information. You can't beat the turnaround time on posts. It's almost like swimming with sharks. Good chance you'll never get bit, but if you hang out in the ocean long enough, there's a really good chance that you'll see one some day. At first you might see them from a boat and know to be cautious but not be deterred by it. Sooner or later though, you'll be in the water when you see one and you'll get quite the jolt of fear. The more sharks you see, it's only so long before you get bitten.

I feel like I am now in the water with the sharks over there. I'm getting some jolts of fear and something is telling me that I need to get out of the water for a while...

(Oh, in retrospect, even though this has nothing to do with the scream thing, I said in an earlier post that I did not understand how they would end up with 36 pair of flip flops for the price of one - well, in the light of day, my math skills have improved and it does work out. Sounds like a fun game for social people. It would never work on me - I don't have 6 people I could send the letter to!!)

Thank you for all the kind words! Monday I will spend trying to get everything at work in good order before my vacation. On Tuesday morning, we leave to head to the Larry Joe Taylor 18th Annual Texas Music Festival and Chili Cook-Off www.larryjoetaylor.com (It's a whopping 15 minutes up the road!) This will be our sixth year to go and we will be there until Sunday. I think I will be able to let off some steam and recover a bit while there. I wont be back to work until Tuesday and I am sure there will be lots of work to catch up on by then. I may not can be on rv.net much even if I wanted to be!!!

Maddox - boxer
Old 04-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Allison,I even got flamed on the pet forum a while back! Everyone was talking about how easy it was on a pet to have them put to sleep and we had a very bad experience,and I told it,to inform. Well it so happened there was someone who was having their pet put to sleep that day,and they really came down hard on me,even though I hadn't noticed her post!
I too take everything they throw at me personal,don't know why as they don't even know me!I don't think its an age thing either as they have no idea how old the poster is,unless they know them personally. I think a lot over there are like vultures,just hanging around waiting to attack,no life and nothing else to do but pick,pick,pick!!

Dianne
Old 04-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
I post on both boards (this and rv.net), as well as two others. rv.net has a large amount of people, and anytime you have that many people, some won't agree. You ought to spend time on the Disney community board (I back right out of that one!). I've camped with the rv.net people and I've camped with the IRV2 people. I "know" the IRV2 people better and for a longer time and lots more rally's..however, that said, I've been told that we have "cliques". I sure do try to make sure that everyone (as do others) feel very welcome at our rally's, but even so..some don't feel a part of it, and some don't come back. At the first rv.net rally, I could have sat at my RV, or I could go up and start talking to others. So I went over to the RV that had the most people and chatted. I sat with people I didn't know at other times..and got to know them.
The funny thing is, a lot of the time, the rv.net people who post, are also IRV2 people..sometimes they have different names on the different boards. At the next rv.net rally a good part of the rally are people who post and rally right here at IRV2..proble about 25%.
So rather than think it's the rv.net place..just consider that it's just some of the people. Doesn't matter if it was here or there..some people will just not make you feel comfortable. I know posts have been deleted here too, and the people that has happened too haven't been happy either. Sometimes it feels like high school all over the net.

As far as the flip flop letter. It sounds like a chain letter, and while it's prob fun, I was told they are illegal when I asked about a 'towel' letter on the Disney board, so maybe that's why they zapped it.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diandtom:
Allison,I even got flamed on the pet forum a while back! Everyone was talking about how easy it was on a pet to have them put to sleep </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And after many years working as a Vet Lab Tech..I can say it's not always easy on a pet although the vets would like you to believe that (and many prefer the owner not be there for the times it doesn't go well). It's never easy on the owner
Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #14

Sorry you feel so upset over a couple of self appointed know-it-alls over there. You can block those people's posts in your profile so you don't have to deal with them.

Don't give up, there is still alot of good info there. All the RV forums are worth looking at for what you can learn, but I agree, IRV2 is a much kinder, gentler place.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote