Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Canada a sad day

I think this says it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	77250  
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #2

This is politically correctness coming back to bite us in the rear. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The story behind that is not political correctness.. The short version is this:

A soldier was shot and killed.... At the war memorial...

I do not have all the details but I gather he was on honor guard duty.

A 100% senseless shooting which benefits no person or cause.

I can only hope the person or people responsible are brought to justice swiftly and are caused to see the error of their ways.

And if you get the feeling I am seriously restraining my fingers here... Your guess is a good one.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #4

I have a lot of respect for the Canadians. When they have problems like this they stick together. All we do in this country is point fingers saying it wasn't my fault.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It seems our Sargent at Arms in the house (an ex RCMP office) had a CC and put it to good use. He got the purp before the purp got any other innocents. I am proud to support the ex mounties rights to a CC.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

I can only hope the person or people responsible are brought to justice swiftly and are caused to see the error of their ways.
The gunman was shot dead within a half hour. Thats pretty swift justice.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is from the local newspaper.

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo died after being shot at the National War Memorial. The father of a young son, Cirillo was a member of the Hamilton Ontario based Princess Louise's Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I am saddened and angered by this !

I pray his death was not in vain and will prompt the proper response for future dealings...

This is as far as I will go with that - profiling IS ok - Err on the side of caution...
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I am saddened and angered by this !

I pray his death was not in vain and will prompt the proper response for future dealings...

This is as far as I will go with that - profiling IS ok - Err on the side of caution...
I wish there was a "LIKE" button in these forums.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #10

Canada...a sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevRedmond View Post
I wish there was a "LIKE" button in these forums.
I wish there was a sadness button as well. I am so sad that this young man, a Cpl. in the Military of Canada doing an assignment that is one of true honor and that is to stand guard over the memorial in Canada. My heart goes out not only to his family but to his country Canada and all of her people.
God knows the sadness that has fallen over the US in the past few years to where our people are never safe. I do not understand why this young Cpl. did not have ammo to protect the memorial but his self from harm. This is surely sad to have died with out a way to protect ones self. I do hope Canada changes that and protects those who protect her.
I often look at how we do things here in the US and just shake my head at it all. If the free world can not step it up and protect it's people then that world is no longer free. I do feel that America and our family of friends to our north are in for some rough times and we must take a very unpleasant stand on this issue. We must band together and move onward.
To end being an ex military guy tomorrow at sunset I will walk toward the west...bow my head and with my pipes in hand play once again for another fallen hero. God bless the lads soul!

K9piper
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Piper View Post
To end being an ex military guy tomorrow at sunset I will walk toward the west...bow my head and with my pipes in hand play once again for another fallen hero. God bless the lads soul!

K9piper
K9piper...a simple tune request ...if you know one or both ....the Mist Covered Mountains or The Flowers of the Forest.

With Respect
Coops a pipe band drummer
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Piper View Post
I do not understand why this young Cpl. did not have ammo to protect the memorial but his self from harm. This is surely sad to have died with out a way to protect ones self. I do hope Canada changes that and protects those who protect her.
K9piper
The short version was that until about 7 years ago, there wasn't a daily guard at all. The only reason one was instituted was because of an incident where a drunken fool was caught urinating on the memorial.

Canadians everywhere appreciate the genuine sentiments of sadness that have been expressed by all of our brethren to the south. They are greatly valued.
There is no certainty that ammo would have protected this young man. All accounts to this point suggest the attack came from behind and without warning. If it comes down to us needing to have armed guards at our war memorials so that they can protect themselves, then we have far bigger issues. Regrettably, there is no method to fully protect against random acts of terror. The whole incident at the memorial and at Parliament took place within a span of about 10 mins. Not much time for anyone to realize the scope of what was taking place. We are all lucky and grateful that this incident wasn't far worse than it actually was. The hallways were practically empty at that moment on what is traditionally one of the busiest days of the week in the building. A day when members of all the political parties conduct meetings. It is a sad time for all Canadians but we cannot allow these things to change who we are and what we believe. Not if we truly value what those beliefs stand for.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
we cannot allow these things to change who we are and what we believe. Not if we truly value what those beliefs stand for.
A thought many need to remember.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:52 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This may not have been a case of religious idiocy but nationalism idiocy or more likely "I want to kill someone" idiocy (in any case it appears he has been sent to his eternal "Reward" if you call what he will get a reward).

My position on religious terrorism: (ISIS, Radical this or that, and so on).
comes from a song I sing:

God is Love, and he who abides in Love, abides in God and God in him.

Shooting people, beheading them, blowing up crowds and such, that is not love, that is Hate, if the Lord of all Goodness (GOD) Is LOVE.

Then who are they worshipping and serving when they practice Hate, be it hateful acts (Described above) or hateful words (For example advocating the above).

The Evil one has promised them what, 70 virgins to attend to their every need... Well, with 70 Broom Hilda's chasing you.. You will have but one need RUN VERY VERY FAST (Comic Strip character, very old green witch, even with her very powerful magic she can not catch a man).

But they can not see that.. at least not yet.

Tags
ada