Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #85

as a former very big rig trucker, I was trained to know: 1/ you can be right, and you can be dead right; 2/ two wrongs don't make a right.

the driver [A] taking the video was in his rights to maintain speed, but doing so gave the other [idiot] driver no room to correct his mistake. driver A could have slowed to create room and allow driver idiot to merge, thus preventing what could have been a deadly situation for oncoming driver and driver A and driver idiot. driver A was right, but could easily have been dead right.

driver idiot was wrong, but driver A was wrong not to give way and avoid the risk, thus the 2 wrongs compound the risk of a deadly collision. they do not make a right.

idiots abound, regardless of nationality.
bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:37 PM   #86

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
as a former very big rig trucker, I was trained to know: 1/ you can be right, and you can be dead right; 2/ two wrongs don't make a right.

the driver [A] taking the video was in his rights to maintain speed, but doing so gave the other [idiot] driver no room to correct his mistake. driver A could have slowed to create room and allow driver idiot to merge, thus preventing what could have been a deadly situation for oncoming driver and driver A and driver idiot. driver A was right, but could easily have been dead right.

driver idiot was wrong, but driver A was wrong not to give way and avoid the risk, thus the 2 wrongs compound the risk of a deadly collision. they do not make a right.

idiots abound, regardless of nationality.
I Concur...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:29 PM   #87

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
As do I. Lesson number 1, you can only control your own vehicle. Slowing down to make room was the prudent course of action for the Class C, the wrongness of the Bounder Class A not withstanding. I'd rather be mad about having to give way than be in the right and in a hospital or worse.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #88

"Canadians At Quartzsite - Watch out for them in Class A"

Shame the author didn't show a little consideration in the title and likewise some of the writings = not nice to Tar all Canadians/Albertans with the same brush!

We've all experienced idiot drivers of various countries including ourselves being side swiped by drunk drivers from other countries.
SoonToBeFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #89

I probably would have followed him until he stopped somewhere so I could have cussed him out but good !!!!!
Philswrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philswrench View Post
I probably would have followed him until he stopped somewhere so I could have cussed him out but good !!!!!
If you were to follow him, you would have to drive as reckless as he did and therefore would make you as stupid as he was. The "C" should have just backed off and let him go. If you have ever cussed out an "ahole", I am pretty sure that it didn't change him one bit. All it did was put you on his level. How do I know, "been there, done that ", neighbor.
chertman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chertman47 View Post
If you were to follow him, you would have to drive as reckless as he did and therefore would make you as stupid as he was. The "C" should have just backed off and let him go. If you have ever cussed out an "ahole", I am pretty sure that it didn't change him one bit. All it did was put you on his level. How do I know, "been there, done that ", neighbor.
X2

This kind of stuff happens more often than one would like. You only hope you are no where near when it occurs. If someone wants to go let them. They will only get there a few minutes before you!

Couple years ago there was a "metric car" passing a group of motorcycles. Ended up a couple of the bikers got hurt and I recall one died.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
X2

Couple years ago there was a "metric car" passing a group of motorcycles. Ended up a couple of the bikers got hurt and I recall one died.

whats a metric car?

Cause - if it IS what I think it IS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	500.gif
Views:	60
Size:	882.3 KB
ID:	195373  
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-104 View Post
whats a metric car?

Cause - if it IS what I think it IS
I guess it does not matter how big it is a vehicle can cause issues if not driven safely.

Motorcycles sometimes form long convoys that are difficult to pass. We try to have 3 - 5 bikes in a group and leave a half mile or so between groups. Have seem some with up to 20 in a stagger group.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I guess it does not matter how big it is a vehicle can cause issues if not driven safely.

Motorcycles sometimes form long convoys that are difficult to pass. We try to have 3 - 5 bikes in a group and leave a half mile or so between groups. Have seem some with up to 20 in a stagger group.
just a little testy .... don't BLAME CANADA (metric) . Blowholes that drive like they own the road are EVERYWHERE.
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #95

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-104 View Post
just a little testy .... don't BLAME CANADA (metric) . Blowholes that drive like they own the road are EVERYWHERE.
Nope the car was an import from the far east.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Wow,

A whole bunch of crap stated in this thread about things that have nothing to do with the original post. Marijuana? Drinking? California laws? Colorado laws? Oh and this is a good one, "It's the persons responsibility that's being passed, (people/coach taking the original video) to slow down and make room". Oh and another one, " it's the type of motor home that the person was driving that was at fault". Whaaaatt? The person being passed IS NOT THE IDIOT. There is absolutely nothing wrong passing anyone, anywhere, in anything, if the conditions warrant it.

Good judgement is a characteristic of a good driver. Well, the bonehead doing the passing apparently didn't and or doesn't have good judgement, at least at that time. What we don't know is, why he/she did what they did. Maybe, just maybe, they were headed to a hospital for some sort of emergency that may have just happened, a few miles back.

Now, that really doesn't necessitate the potential loss of life of fellow drivers by doing the stunts he/she did but, maybe emotions were running high due to whatever circumstances. I don't know, I wasn't in the coach with them/him/her.

I'm not justifying any of their actions, not at all. What they/he/she did was inexcusable. Absolutely NO ONE should drive like that, regardless of the reason. It just so happened that it was apparently a Canadian THIS TIME. As has been stated, not all Canadians are like that, to be sure. But, in any case it would surely be nice to see what, if any, actions by any LE were or could be taken against said driver.

Scott

Well said!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #97

I just returned from California and found most all drivers were pretty good. Courteous to allow me to enter hiways etc, but there were 2 that could have killed us. 1 truck towing 5th wheel passed then cut in way too close. If I hadn’t braked his 5th would have hit me. Let’s all take the video as a reminder to slow down and enjoy the ride.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Actually, the 'some form ...' is for medical marijuana. That requires 'some form ...' of prior approval by a doctor and and ID card before the purchase. In Ca and Co anyone over a certain age can buy MJ.
And anyone over a certain age can buy alcohol in all 50 states without 'some form..' of prior approval from a doctor.
Maybe a little research would show you which causes more accidents?

That said, how does this pertain to these two idiots driving down the road?
Or were you just trying to show your bias against CA, CO, WA, OR, NV, ME,VT,MA and AK ?
JMLifecation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, quartzsite