Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Canadian Pharmacies

As this section is categorized as "Just Conversation" hopefully I'm not posting incorrectly.

We are in the processes of searching for less expensive prescription medicines. One of the more familiar places to avoid the ridiculous USA based prices (we pay more for all medicines that anywhere else in the free world!!) is to purchase from legitimate Canadian pharmacies.

So the question: Anyone out there - defiantly including our friends in Canada - have PERSONAL PURCHASING experience with Canadian pharmacies? What has been your experience?

1999 Winnie Adventurer 37.5' (we call it a 38' for short) with a Ford Triton V10
2009 Yorkie named Teddy
2010 Ausi named Bear
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought my meds (four of them) for three years from Canada. Never had a problem. I used CanadaPharmacyOnline.com, but there are many others. Prices vary widely. My advice is to pick several websites, find your medicine and dosage; compare price and buy even if you use different sites for different medicines. Do make sure they have the CIPA seal of certification.

2005 HR Admiral 30PDD
Tampa Bay FL
Life is Good, Do It on Wheels
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
I use Canada Drugs.com for my acid reflux prescription. They are not the lowest price for many drugs, but they list the country of manufacturer generics and allow you to choose which you want to buy. (I am not keen on buying generics made in Mexico or India.) My copay for 90 pills here is $121, no generic available. The generic version from Canada Drugs is $64 USD for 100 pills.

My neighbor, who has several medical issues and uses 10 or more meds, started buying from them. She said the cost was about 40% less than from US pharmacies.

For a new prescription you have to mail or fax the prescription along with a medical questionnaire. Their Doctor checks it and confirms your medical history with your doctor. From then on out it's a simple phone call or online for renewals. I usually receive my pills about 2 weeks after placing the order. Oddly enough my pills are manufactured in Canada but are mailed to me from Germany.
2013 Winnebago Vista 27N
2013 Honda CR-V
Finally Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Canadian Pharmacies are not actually in Canada. They are a Canadian mailing address. The drugs can come from anywhere in the world, mostly third world countries such as Mexico and India.

Read this article, from the Wall Street Journal, about canadiadrugs.com.

U.S. Moves to Shut Down Websites Owned by Canada Drugs - WSJ

Read what Consumer Reports says about foreign mail order drugs.

How Do I Know If An Online Pharmacy Is Legitimate - Consumer Reports
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote