Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Canister Vacuum Cleaners

Hey folks, I'm on the hunt for a decent canister vacuum, preferably a bagged model, with a wand and bare floor attachment and some kind of upholstery/drapery brush for under $100, any suggestions?

I've looked at a couple of less expensive Eureka models from Walmart, but their attachments and wands are fairly flimsy and for some unknown reason none of the stores carry the bags, even though they sell the vacuums.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
i was in the vacuum buisness for almost 50 years.when i needed a can vac for my motor home i went to wallyworld and bought a $ 25,00 shop vac and added a wand and floor tool it works great and can be replaced easily when it dies.i have serviced over a 13000 vacs in my lifetime and sold several thousand. everything today is made in china and is throw a way junk.whatever you buy dont plan on a real long life or finding repair parts when needed.if you have more ??s just ask away because like everyone else i do have an opinion but can back it up with lots of experiance
brianj
Old 12-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I totally agree with the previous post. I tried many different vacuum methods and equipment. I finally bought a small 3 gallon 8 amp Wet/Dry Shop-Vac. It came with some tools & I have added others. It's compact and stores under the bed. Can be used for both dry and wet cleaning. Goes outside to clean the vehicles, etc. A very useful single tool that can be used for multiple purposes. Uses either a disposable bag or a filter.

The typical and normal vacuum units are a waste of time and money.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Do you have a recommendation for a brand of shop vac that uses a disposable bag? I've looked at a few, including the craftsman model that my mother uses as a interior floor vac for the hardwood downstairs. Sadly, the vacuum she has they changed how the hose connected and now it pulls off the vac too easily and the vacuum has almost doubled its price. She bought her's only a few years ago for $45, it now costs $79.99.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Redneck,

Here is a link to the one that I purchased sometime ago at Costco. I see that Sam's Club now has it if you're a member or know someone that is. I have always used the disposable filter bag, very convenient.

Shop-Vac® :: Vacs

Sam's Club Link.

Sam's Club - Shop-VacĀ® 3 Gallon AllAroundĀ® Wet/Dry Vac

Good luck!

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
me again the one i purchased is called "the hang up" stores under the bed is wet or dry and you dump the can when needed. it uses a filter on dry pick-up which is reusable.
it takes standard size 1 1/4 in tools available at any vac store
brianj
Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
That allaround looks like the ideal unit, now the only problem is is that I'm not a member of Sam's Club (We don't have them out here in Oregon). I particularly like the bag or bagless operation option. Tossing a bag is a far less cleaning hassle than the pleated cartridge filters.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 AM   #8

Grab a pair of panty hose. Use one leg for covering the pleated filter and save the other for your air cleaner when another of your mountains blows up.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
RedneckExpress,

Do a Google search for a 3 gallon All Around Shop Vac. I believe Amazon.com has them along with many other on-line vendors. Just pick one that is reasonably priced with shipping.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.