Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Cape Cod Bound

We will be heading to Cape Cod from Chicago this spring. Does anyone have any "don't do" or "don't miss" tips?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #2

Check out Newport R.I lots to see and do

Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A stop at Mystic Seaport Museum is a neat experience.Mystic Seaport: The Museum of America and the Sea™ : Home

While at the Cape it is well worthwhile to visit as much of the Cape Cod National Seashore as possible. Great walking and biking (rental available) trails.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #4

Start rating the meals/drinks

We went out to the east coast and had fun trying to decide which place had the best 1) lobster roll, 2) lobster, 3) bloody Mary, 4) seaside dining,and shrimp. Ate our way thru Mass. and Maine. It was fun to do.

There's a pricey ($301.50 for 5 nights) but excellent CG about 2 miles from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. It's name was Normandy Farms. Perhaps the most planned out CG we've ever seen. It was a perfect headquarters for doing day trips to Newport, Cape Cod, Boston, Plymouth Plantation, etc. You can even catch the subway (about 4 miles away) and get off at Boston Common. That was excellent.

Enjoy your trip. Too bad that there's not enough shoreline driving going out to Provincetown.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs C Class View Post
We will be heading to Cap Cod from Chicago this spring. Does anyone have any "don't do" or "don't miss" tips?
Sent you an email
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwohlford
We went out to the east coast and had fun trying to decide which place had the best 1) lobster roll, 2) lobster, 3) bloody Mary, 4) seaside dining,and shrimp. Ate our way thru Mass. and Maine. It was fun to do.

There's a pricey ($301.50 for 5 nights) but excellent CG about 2 miles from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. It's name was Normandy Farms. Perhaps the most planned out CG we've ever seen. It was a perfect headquarters for doing day trips to Newport, Cape Cod, Boston, Plymouth Plantation, etc. You can even catch the subway (about 4 miles away) and get off at Boston Common. That was excellent.

Enjoy your trip. Too bad that there's not enough shoreline driving going out to Provincetown.
Yea, Normandy Farms
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
"Patriots Place" at Gillette Stadium. Includes the Patriots Hall of Fame and a whole bunch of shopping. Very interactive for adults and children both. Want to stand in a full size huddle with the offensive line and Brady calling a play? How about getting under the hood and making the call on a instant replay. Or want to try on a replica super bowl ring?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Some years ago we stopped at the Sandwich Glass Museum in Sandwich, MA. I'm not one for museums but this was interesting. If I remember they have a web site you can look it up.
Have fun on your trip. We did.
Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Head for Provincetown (The very tip of the cape) and take a wale watch tour, I think it's the Portuguese Princess that Wife and I traveled on.

We had a lovely time.

IF you need a lawyer while on the cape.. I know a couple of good ones.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #10

As a child, I spent every summer on Cape Cod in Harwichport which is on the south coast. It was a magic place back then, and truly special when the crowds left at the end of the season.

While it is considerably more crowded now, it can still be enjoyed if you time it right. If you arrive before school lets out, that will be your best opportunity to travel without getting caught in the traffic jams on RT 28 or RT 6.

I would plan on spending some time on Nantucket or Marthas Vineyard as well.

check out: Steamship Authority Home Page

When the Cape became too crowded for us, I built another home on the Maine coast which is spectacular. If you get a chance, try Maine on your way back to Illinois.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We live in New Bedford, MA area and the Cape is just a short drive for us. Yes to Normandy farms as a great place with lots of stuff to do and relax in between trips. Yes Patriot place for the shoping and the PAts hall of fame. We have season tickets to the PAts so we are a little biased. Newport the mansions, Fall River, MA battleship cove for the WW II buffs. NewBedford MA for the best Whaling musuem around! And inexpensive too! ANy questions feel freee to drop me a message. If you do stay at Normandy I might be there. Usually go there 2-3 times a year when not traveling. Should be there April vacation week ( we are both teachers )

Dan
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #12

We wanted to stay out on the Cape itself and ended up at Atlantic Oaks. It is a very busy park. The site we were on was very level and all hook-ups were good. We had no complaints about the park at all. It is just slightly cheaper than Normandy Farms. If we were to go again, and we probably will, we would opt for Normandy Farms. Just our preference.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I suspect noone really cares, but just in case you don't know, Normandy Farms is nearly an hour from the Cape on a slow traffic day. On the other hand, it is just down the road from Patriot place.