Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I don't and either did the sports announcers see anything that Carl Edwards did wrong in todays race. It just NASCAR making a bad call today. He saved what could have been a bad wreck and got a unfair penality.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I don't and either did the sports announcers see anything that Carl Edwards did wrong in todays race. It just NASCAR making a bad call today. He saved what could have been a bad wreck and got a unfair penality.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #3

NASCAR fubar'd in penalizing him IMO. But two wrongs don't make a right either. When NASCAR and your crew chief tell you to hit pit lane for the penalty, then you should do that. Failing to obey will only lead to additional penalties.

In spite of Edwards hard headed reaction, NASCAR should have awarded him a bonus of some kind for creative accident avoidance procedures instead of a penalty.

2005 Jaco Baja 10Y
Gomer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #4

First off----you titled this "in the Bush Race today"-------IT WAS "The Bud Shootout"----and I believe Carl was indeed trying to avoid trouble not to better his position---matter of fact he lost two spots in doing so----NASCAR is NASCAR----its their show---they call the shots and make and adjust the rules as they see fit---which is the American Way in free enterprise. He will be back and do well----Go Carl---I want to see more back flips.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> . . . the "Bush Race today"-------IT WAS "The Bud Shootout" . . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard about the Cheney Shootout . . .
missed the Bush Shootout! OOPS

Sorry!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #6

Just a heads up for your info:
Since ya'll are up here in "JUST CONVERSATION" talking about the latest NASCAR excitement, I thought I would point out there is a "special place" here on iRV2 where you will probably find lots of folks with similar interests.

Check it out Events & Activities; NASCAR and Others can be found just a little further down in these forums.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being in Just Conversation, I just thought you may find even more participation and conversation in the NASCAR section ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
So what are you saying??? That it is OK to pass below the yellow line to avoid an accident??? Never saw that in the rules.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 AM   #8

He didn't pass anybody----he lost two or three positions-----and yes it is in the rules "if you are forced to go below the yellow line to take evasive action"-----------come on----the kid was doing the right thing.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #9

When Carl went below the yellow line, he
passed around two cars that were going
into the pit area. That is what NASCAR
penilized him for. I don't agree with
what they did, but they do what they want.

05 Forest River Flagstaff 26BHSS
mmb3815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> He didn't pass anybody--- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he passed two cars that were about to enter the pits???

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote