Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #15

" 2 cell phones, my iPad, wifi hotspot," take one and throw away the extras, you do not need everything and the kitchen sink. "quarters for car washes" you must be making fun of somebody? Walking around with a purse it will get stolen and you will have nothing. No cell phone, no money, no passport. Wallet in one pocket and pistol in other and still have room for keys in another anything else you do not need, you want but not need.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #16

"Some" men where ear rings, or pony tails, makeup, and go in for a wax. So if you want to carry a purse, do so and don't worry about what anybody thinks, me thinks!

Ed

Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
“It's not a man purse, its a satchel. Indiana Jones has one. ”

― The hangover

Old 08-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
As the pope said:"Who am I to judge?"

If you want to carry one, go for it.

On the other side of the coin, my wife carries my wallet, and I don't even wear a watch!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito. View Post
So I have become the object of my B&C ridicule because I started taking a bag with me.. I have way too much stuff I carry and my pants were falling down. 2 cell phones, my iPad, wifi hotspot, tic tacs, gum, a huge key chain, cigarettes, lighter, wallet and other nessities when we are out sight seeing. Whats the big deal? its a cute little Airstream bag, nothing flashy or anything like that. I don't understand? Am I the only guy that prefers to not look like I have a kitchen sink in his pockets?
I got a great messenger bag from STM & then found a really nice leather one on ebags dirt cheap ($59 closeout) Both have more than enough room for iPad, iPhone, keys, and a bunch of other stuff with out looking girly or bulky (the leather one is getting nice and distressed now and I like it over the codura STM bag!)

I can wear them cross body and they ride on my hip and are really almost unnoticeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgc View Post
Some of the guys carrying a man-purse have CCW permits and their gun is stashed inside.
Too much fumbleing - that's what my Falco tactical fanny pac is for

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #20

Ladies, ladies.....Lets not get our panties in a bunch over this......

Me, I keep all my personals in the cab of my truck....I keep my thin wallet (no money in it anyways) and my truck keys in my pocket...thats it...The wife is in charge of the cell...I hate that thing
Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #21

Its the 21st century, you may carry anything you like!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I often carry one or two bats. One has primarily technology stuff. The other is food, for the limited and very specific diet I eat. Don't much care what others think.
Bats? Pickup ball game as you walk along? Or to

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrosman View Post
" 2 cell phones, my iPad, wifi hotspot," take one and throw away the extras, you do not need everything and the kitchen sink. "quarters for car washes" you must be making fun of somebody? Walking around with a purse it will get stolen and you will have nothing. No cell phone, no money, no passport. Wallet in one pocket and pistol in other and still have room for keys in another anything else you do not need, you want but not need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Ladies, ladies.....Lets not get our panties in a bunch over this......

Me, I keep all my personals in the cab of my truck....I keep my thin wallet (no money in it anyways) and my truck keys in my pocket...thats it...The wife is in charge of the cell...I hate that thing
Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If Matthew McConaughey can carry a fanny pack...a "Murse" sounds like an even better idea

See:
Matthew McConaughey defends the fanny pack | Fox News
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bags not bats. Darn autocomplete...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
A purse is a purse no matter what name you give it.

That being said my husband actually uses one of my old purses to carry all his extra things.
He also gets his eyebrows waxed, no uni brow in this house thank you.
He's coloured his hair blue, green and magenta before at different times. His job actually puts in orders for his next hair colour.
He also has his nails done. His job is always amused and is fine with all the wacky colours and designs.
He has 3 ear rings in each ear. As long as they aren't hanging to get into the machines work does not care.
He also cooks, cleans, does stage combat, acting, musician and works on robotics for his "real" job at Northrop Grumman.

You carry and do what you want. Life is too short for someone else to tell you how to live your life. They don't pay for you so don't listen to them.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #26

I never carry much. Cell in back pocket. Wallet in other back pocket. Smokes in shirt pocket. Lighter and change in front pocket. Thats it. Any extras go in the wife's bag.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito. View Post
So I have become the object of my B&C ridicule because I started taking a bag with me.. I have way too much stuff I carry and my pants were falling down. 2 cell phones, my iPad, wifi hotspot, tic tacs, gum, a huge key chain, cigarettes, lighter, wallet and other nessities when we are out sight seeing. Whats the big deal? its a cute little Airstream bag, nothing flashy or anything like that. I don't understand? Am I the only guy that prefers to not look like I have a kitchen sink in his pockets?

CUTE ???????
Oh my :-(
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #28

LOL, thanks for all the comments, I dont think I have had a post get this many so fast.. I'll show the B&C this thread and it is socially acceptable, though I may look into a Messenger bag. I saw a few in the provided link, perhaps a camo pattern :-)