Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't forget documentation for any pets on board.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #16

I carry our Medical information on my cell phone and the I Pad. We have an app "Docs to Go" that we are able to transfer all our medical history, medications we take and the time of day we take them. Just had a trip to the ER and nurse was able to get all the information they needed to treat me and continue my med the next 2 days. They told us what we had was a great help
Harry
Old 10-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Harry,

Glad people are actually doing this but in case of an accident, emergency personnel will not know to look at your I-pad or phone and if you have it password locked they will not have the password. I can guarantee you if you come into the ER and are unconscious, they will be the last place we look. Put the most pertinent info in your wallet under your driver's license and make sue your name and DOB are on it. It may save your life in an emergency.

Pepper2,

Someone else mentioned that here about pets. So many of us consider them family members and love them so much that it is very important.

Keep safe, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Time View Post
I use the interactive version of Road ID Road ID | USA's #1 Source for Runners ID, Cycling ID & Medical ID Tags
Whenever I go out without my wallet I wear the "Slim" wristband. It has my name and emergency instructions and a serial number & PIN for First Responders to use to call a phone number or go to a website for all my medical, emergency contacts, and personal information. The information available on the website is entered by me and can be as detailed as I want. It is only accessible by others if they use my serial # and PIN which is engraved on the back of the metal ID. If you go to the FAQ's it explains the interactive version in detail. The service is cheap; initial cost for the interactive Slim is $19.99 for the wristband, engraved metal ID, and one year of the interactive service. Each additional year is $9.99.

Also use Road ID
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #19

Pepper our list is so long with there would not be room left in the wallet especially the medical history on both of us with all the surgeries etc. The drugs are not that much though. Have to figure out what we could otherwise do.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just your name, DOB, medicines, emergency contact hospital and phone # or physician and phone #. That is all you need in wallet and stent or pacemaker card.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #21

I have a flash drive in my purse at all times that has (for both of us) med/surg history; meds/strength/dosage; family med history; contact info for each other and our daughter (as alternate contact); PCP's name and contact info; type of insurance; advance directive; copy of medical powers of attorney (ours for each other, and our daughter for both of us). I update it monthly. If there are no changes, I indicate the new month, e.g. "Current as of (month/year)".

It came in very handy when a medical emergency arose and I had to be transported via LifeFlight from Smokey Mountains National Park to Knoxville, TN.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #22
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lynne

Thanks for this timely update. I had to go in to Urgent Care the other day and the nurse stressed the same thing you said. I took it to heart.

I am one who kept the info in my phone but the nurse suggested I keep one in the wallet also.

I took a couple of red tabs that I had, stuck them to the note and folded them down over the top of my driver license with the words Medical Info on them.
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RRR,

Glad to hear it. If one person who reads this thread follows this and it helps them then it is worth it. Have seen too many people over the years that come in unconscious or to injured to talk. This can save your life. I carry this info and don't just preach it.

A lot of hospitals will not take your flash drive and load it into their computers because if you have a virus then they have it. Doesn't make sense to everyone but has happened. Don't rely on these because if they won't load yours, how do you get the info off it?

Just keep safe please. Lynne
Old 11-04-2014, 07:52 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For my Pets,, Well I know what I've paid for and the name/address/phone number of the vet (As does my phone, it has all that info in it)

I will stress Medic Alert, In my earlier post I jokingly said "Little Known" they are, in fact, the best known Medical Information storage facility, they advertise heavily and every doctor I've been to in the last many years has had flyers in his office for them. Though I do know of cases where EMT's failed to check the medic alert (And someone wound up in prison as a result) standard training is to always check for a Medic Alert jewlery and if found, make the 800 call, all Medical dispatchers should have that number on speed dial.

It has the advantage of being known world wide.. Most other repositories are not as well known.

IN a motor home or trailer... A sealed container in the Fridge is a good place to put this kind of info... SOME (not all) have been told to look there.

Also, if you full time (or not) if you travel far from home.. MASA tells their drivers to look in the fridge for special instructions. (MASA is not a Medic Alert type outfit they are more like insurance.. IF I am sick or injured and need transportation to hospital Blue Cross will not pay the full ride, they will,, Plus they will pay to have the motor home driven to my Daughter's house, and heaven forbid I need advanced care they pay for transport to a hospital near "home" for long term care (And transport the RV) and/or pay for my remains back to Troy where I already have ground waiting.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Medic Alert is a great system. When I did my EMT testing oh 37 yrs ago, I was the only one out of 21 people being tested who found the Medic Alert necklace. When I looked up to tell the tester, he did a slight shake of his head telling me to be quiet. The other 20 people following missed it. Out of that class I was the only one who passed. I never failed to look for the Medic Alert tag.

Sounds like you have a great policy too. Just keep safe please! Lynne
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Harry,

Glad people are actually doing this but in case of an accident, emergency personnel will not know to look at your I-pad or phone and if you have it password locked they will not have the password. I can guarantee you if you come into the ER and are unconscious, they will be the last place we look. Put the most pertinent info in your wallet under your driver's license and make sue your name and DOB are on it. It may save your life in an emergency.

Pepper2,

Someone else mentioned that here about pets. So many of us consider them family members and love them so much that it is very important.

Keep safe, Lynne
Something nice about IOS 8 for IPhones is the new Medical app where you can keep track of most if not all of this information. Access to the critical information is available even if the phone is locked.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
http://www.getmyid.com

Check this company out. I got it about 3 or 4 years ago and have worn ever since.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote