Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
Vintage RV Owners Club
CB Radios

I have an American Flag Texas Ranger all peaked and tuned which puts out about 18 watts in my RV......on the shelf in my clothes closet. Been debating for 3 years whether or not to hook it up. You can see what a priority it is for me although a CB can come in handy at times as mentioned. By the way if any of us here wants to identify ourselves to a truck driver just say you're the one in the "Rolling Motel Room" as drivers like to call them......

borderboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #16
Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
As others have said "Back in the Day" I always had one when traveling to find out what what in front of me be it traffic or cops, over the last 10 years even that started to disappear, just got a new Garmin a few months ago that includes real time traffic conditions on the route but you have to take the would you like to reroute option with a grain of salt - I purchased my tandem tow dolly off ebay and had to go to eastern Long Island to pick it up, TG I was driving the toad because on the way back it told me there was a 20 min delay and would I like to reroute hit yes and it sent me through the MIDDLE OF BROOKLYN at NOON - I grew up driving in So Calif so city driving does not bother me - even lived 1 1/2 yrs on Long Island but that dolly is made to haul 2 motorcycles sideways plus dolly a full size vehicle so it stuck out a foot on each side of the Jeep and was a 1/2 foot wider then the lanes. Made a interesting trip - had a cop try to flag me down as I was entering the holland tunnel I think to send me someplace else but there was no where to stop and I just wanted to get off the island.

2012 Freedom Elite 26E V-10 E-450 Chassis, Tandem Tow Dolly HDXL hauling 2011 Harley Softail Convertible,2012 Yamaha V-Star & 2011 Jeep JK
GunnyClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I keep ours on channel 19, I gave up on channel 13, and when we hit a traffic snarl I start paying very close attention to what the truckers are saying... They've kept us out of several snafus over the last year and provided "alternate routes" when road maintenance or accidents have occurred. I'll continue to have a CB idling in the background...

Ken & Anita
2011 Newmar Essex, 45'- 4522, Cummins 500 ISM, 2013 CRV, RVI2 Brake with TPMS
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote