Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chrysler beer and Refer

Ok today it was all over the news about the Chrysler employees drinking LARGE beers at lunch and what appeared to be refers

SO these guys got caught and sped off to go back to work

soooooo ask yourself about the safety of the vehicles these people that were probably under the influence are now putting vehicles together and sending them on down the line to dealers and roadways near your family.

lets not forget the police that ride around in patrol cars that were possibly assembled by these person

so your in traffic and BAM your hit by a Chrysler product.....its determined a bolt for the steering was not installed correctly...and just killed your passengers as the car slams into and it was discovered the bolts were installed ..by .....you guessed it MR. beer at lunch...

I worked many assembly lines and i know folks may or may not take a drink at lunch and its in no way condoned.

so we as non Chrysler driving persons should file a class action suit against Chrysler for allowing unsafe vehicles on the road.

or should maybe the NTSB immediately name all Chrysler vehicles built in the last year as UNSAFE and have them removed from the roads.
imagine the chaos.

or can we have our money back

I think tomorrow i will visit a Chrysler dealer and ask if their vehicles are safe, since they were built by intoxicated people

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #2

and you think this has never happend at ford,gm,toyota etc. jim

beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
This is a big problem all over, it's the reason that drug testing for a job is the norm. Walmart even drug test, you would think no risk there. Now alcohol is legal, dangerous, but legal.
J
Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Ummm.....mine was built in Mexico.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Rusty
...ohhhhh ..where the Tequila shots and cervezas are openly poured at lunch AND breaks!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
No, actually, I think they serve margaritas in the employee lunch room.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Rusty
The worm where is the worm it's My turn for the worm damm it where is My worm lol.....
Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #8

I think the UAW should just be abolished and we can start over again with people whom are willing to put in an honest day's work for an honest pay. I remember seeing an article several years ago from a non-biased organization that showed if the UAW were abolished and the workers wages were brought more in line with the type of work that it is that our vehicles could cost up to $10,000 less than they do now. The average UAW worker including all their benefits makes upwards of $70.00/hour working on an assembly line. You would certainly hope for THAT type of pay we'd be getting much higher quality workers.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The new UAW workers are hiring in at 14.00 per hour with little or no benefits and the price of vehicals...well I haven't seen them go down anything at all. So much for your theory that the union is at fault.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Many, many, years ago I worked for a company in FL that was involved in government, space and aerodynamics contracts in manufacturing and research and design. Some predecessor work to the current space shuttle was accomplished there. The company had a strict rule of no alcohol on the premises. Well, sometimes during our lunch breaks we would be sitting on the patios drinking our soda's while a visiting team of German engineers or other European visitors would be enjoying their liter of ale. Rules are bent and exceptions made. Maybe they were just some European temporary help. LOL
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #11

beer and reefer

The best was They are driving Fords! And we are paying these thugs!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #12

In most German and Swiss workplaces, the "soft" drink machines also dispense cans of beer.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Many, many, years ago I worked for a company in FL that was involved in government, space and aerodynamics contracts in manufacturing and research and design. Some predecessor work to the current space shuttle was accomplished there. The company had a strict rule of no alcohol on the premises. Well, sometimes during our lunch breaks we would be sitting on the patios drinking our soda's while a visiting team of German engineers or other European visitors would be enjoying their liter of ale. Rules are bent and exceptions made. Maybe they were just some European temporary help. LOL
Honeywell AERO on, IIRC Ulmerton??

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #14

Alcohol and Marijuana are the most abused drugs in the workplace. The real problem is not addressed by focusing on one small incident. If Marijuana is legal to use in Washington State does that make everything that Boeing makes safe? If it does then our economy comes to a crashing halt. If doctors earn their degrees in California does that make them less talented than doctors who earned their degrees in drug free states? Crystal Meth is a very dangerous drug. Do you know who abuses it the most? Nurses and truck drivers. So what do we do? Attack the individuals and ignore the larger problem and never fly again or hope we never have to get sick or better yet just head off to the woods and live like hermits. I vote for inspecting any car before you buy it and hoping for the best.

D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote