Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Churches and Violence

We have been travelling throughout the United States for the last three years. We try to stay away from the big cities unless there is something special to see.
We have found there to be lots and lots of churches, all denominations, throughout the country. It also seems to be, the smaller the community, the more churches there are.
We travelled around Branson and over to Eurika Springs in the last two weeks. Dozens of churches. We try to attend an early service in case we are on the road again. Driving by the churches the parking lots are full of cars.
Got to wondering........why is there so much violence and are people really afraid to be without a firearm. We have even seen several people come to church with a handgun strapped to their waist.
Is the attitude only to live by the golden rule on Sunday????

I am sure there are many points of discussion around this and I do not want this to turn into the pros and cons of guns issue.

I have managed to live past 70 trying to treat people with kindness and respect. Just a fellow RVer that says HI to everyone I meet in the parks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you think the bad guys take Sunday's off?

Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

Old 11-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
AND most of the violence in the country is in high density populations.

But I don't guess it can't happen anywhere.Better safe than sorry in the modern day USA
Ken & Laurie
Northern Ohio
2015 Berkshire 400QL
Old 11-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
So you mention church and violence in the same sentence/thought. Then you mention you see lots of people with pistols on their hips in church. And then you asked if people only live by the golden rule on Sunday's. With all this it take it that you think all this violence comes from America's law abiding citizens who carry firearms as the real reason there is violence in America. I will just assume you are from Canada and don't understand or appreciate our 2A rights. Violence has no borders and I have no criminal record so I will carry my firearm wherever I am legally allowed to do so, including church.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:24 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
This thread has quickly wandered into a general firearms discussion, which is not permitted by our rules.

From our rules;

Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Closed Thread