Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #127

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
Fran, when you find a good stinking cigar..shoot me a pm...I need to get some too! I can add that smoke to the cigs, camp fire, charcoal BBQ and my wood fired meat smoker in the camp
I'm lettin' that "Fran" thing slide...ask around if you don't know how lucky you are!

Per our Mutual interest in Annoying Neighbor Weaponry:

I have a line on some "Chinese Cubans" that should do the trick: Instead of tobacco leaves, they're wrapped with the thrown-off rubber casings of the ST tires that everybody keeps hollering about.

Lighting one of those puppies up should be good for getting rid of at least half a dozen holier-than-thou neighbors!

Much love,

->->-> Francesca <-<-<-

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #128

128 replies in 2 days (inclusive). We should start a pool going on the closing number tomorrow!!!!
I guess to light up a cigar you have to start a fire.
Happy Trails and let's at least keep it civil.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #129

Carolina Campers
Peace!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #130

Vintage RV Owners Club
GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TIME!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Peace!

Close- But No Cigar!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #131

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I know I am getting in late on this topic, but cigar smoke makes me sick to my stomach. I could not sit outside my rig if someone next door to me was smoking a cigar. I had it happen recently and I tried to get in and out of my door as quickly as possible but some of the odor did get inside. I didn't say anything because it was only one person and it didn't last that long. If it had been three people sitting outside my window I probably would have complained too.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
I know I am getting in late on this topic, but cigar smoke makes me sick to my stomach. I could not sit outside my rig if someone next door to me was smoking a cigar. I had it happen recently and I tried to get in and out of my door as quickly as possible but some of the odor did get inside. I didn't say anything because it was only one person and it didn't last that long. If it had been three people sitting outside my window I probably would have complained too.
Your post is why there are so many of us that do not understand the hate that seems to come from statements like yours. I for one do not beleive your types are so afraid of cigar smoke . I think it is Somthing else going on here, what I am not sure. Over the years most of us old time cigar smokers have been confronted in one way or the other and it has nothing to do with cigar smoke itself.. Example, I once or twice have been told to "put that cigar out" when it was not lit. Many of us types went on to just holding the cigar, not even chewing it ether, and never lighting it ever! I was not one of those, nor was I like George Burns who never smoked a cigar on stage or anywhere in public, but He sure did light up every day for longer than most of us are alive. The cigar was his prop . I wonder how people today would feel if Guy's like Burns , Burle , Churchill , Mc Arthur , ..the list is long. , were to reappear on our TV screens? My guess is there would be many people getting sick from the " cigar smoke" never mind it was but an image .
Now, to the defence of others that have problems with smells , I know it's real, I too am in that group. What really gets me is women that wear cheap perfume in large amounts. The smell lingers even after they have gone , but I am yet to hear anyone say " put out that smell". No , it's not the stink of the cigar, it's the image. The smell of diesel is another, just the thought of the smell can turn people's gut in a negative way. Could be the reason there are not more diesel cars on the road in the US. Like in Europe ?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #133
laj

there are several George burns wannabes on tv, Ron white is one of them. as far as the fat ladies that smell like a walking french whore house that drives the oxygen right out of the air there are several churches i know of that simply ask them to leave along with several other inside meetings if they appear that way. they must use several bottles to achieve that. as far as comparing cigars to campfires and bbq's other then burning oxygen and giving off carbon monoxide the chemical make-up is vastly different.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Your post is why there are so many of us that do not understand the hate that seems to come from statements like yours. I for one do not beleive your types are so afraid of cigar smoke . I think it is Somthing else going on here, what I am not sure. Over the years most of us old time cigar smokers have been confronted in one way or the other and it has nothing to do with cigar smoke itself.. Example, I once or twice have been told to "put that cigar out" when it was not lit. Many of us types went on to just holding the cigar, not even chewing it ether, and never lighting it ever! I was not one of those, nor was I like George Burns who never smoked a cigar on stage or anywhere in public, but He sure did light up every day for longer than most of us are alive. The cigar was his prop . I wonder how people today would feel if Guy's like Burns , Burle , Churchill , Mc Arthur , ..the list is long. , were to reappear on our TV screens? My guess is there would be many people getting sick from the " cigar smoke" never mind it was but an image .
Now, to the defence of others that have problems with smells , I know it's real, I too am in that group. What really gets me is women that wear cheap perfume in large amounts. The smell lingers even after they have gone , but I am yet to hear anyone say " put out that smell". No , it's not the stink of the cigar, it's the image. The smell of diesel is another, just the thought of the smell can turn people's gut in a negative way. Could be the reason there are not more diesel cars on the road in the US. Like in Europe ?
My wife is in the same boat as Barbara. Its not psychological. Its a physical reaction to the smell of smoke. Not only cigar smoke too. Cigarettes, diesel exhaust fumes etc... the list goes on. I have watched my wife turn on numerous occasions...
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #135
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I think some women buy their perfume in a 5 gallon pail with a hose attachment. I hate it when they have left the room and I can still taste it.

You can usually spot them by the cloud that surrounds them.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #136

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
I think some women buy their perfume in a 5 gallon pail with a hose attachment. I hate it when they have left the room and I can still taste it.

In fairness to the opposite sex - I have been choked up by the Aqua Velva man a time or two.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #137
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Apparently, there's something about an Aqua Velva Man!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

When they announce their presense from around the corner or from the next grocery isle. And it aint "channel numbah faive"

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #139

->->-> Francesca <-<-<-....my apologies!

and yes...any perfume or mans fragrance that is used in excess can be non acceptable to others too.....but if they are in their camp spot....not a thing I nor should do about.