Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #43

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
Tonight a bunch of friends and I were sitting outside enjoying a beautiful night around a campfire. 3 of the guys were smoking nice cigars.
The OP said that there was "a bunch of friends" smoking cigars.

It is one thing to have one or two guys enjoy a smoke, quite another to have "a bunch of guys" all smoking cigars for hours.

That may have been part of the reason for the distress experienced by the neighbor.

Still, I'd rather have this happen then what happened when camped in OK a few weeks ago. We had two campers on each side of us that had several large pit bulls. They were chained, but barking and growling and just waiting for the first unsuspecting kid to get too close.....

It sometimes seems like people go out of there way to go as far as they can to be a bad neighbor, just because that is their right to do so, versus trying to be friendly and think how their action impact those around them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #44

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blag View Post

Really?

You consider your neighbor smoking a cigar to be outrageous antics?
Read my entire comment, don't pick out one statement to make it into something I did not say...

"You should not have to put up with the outrageous antics of your neighbor when it impact you camping, and you have the right to go talk to them about your concern. They have the right to come and ask for some consideration from you too. None of us should be so inconsiderate of our fellow campers as to think that all that matters is what we want to do, regardless of how it impacts those around us."

Old 07-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #45

I quit on April 8th of this year after being diagnosed with Esopophogeal Cancer. No pity please. I smoked cigarettes for forty years and quit cigarettes in favor of cigars over 10 years ago.

Doctors say the Cancer may be related to smoking but can't say for sure because it is at the juncture of my esophogas and stomach. Would i have quit if i knew than what I know now? I didn't and clearly had the choice. My decision was to roll the rice and smoke. I drew snake eyes, and lost. The choice of course is yours but I made mine and will suffer for it.

I am 69 years of age ad have had a wonderful life but i sure never figured it would end like this.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster1 View Post
I quit on April 8th of this year after being diagnosed with Esopophogeal Cancer. No pity please. I smoked cigarettes for forty years and quit cigarettes in favor of cigars over 10 years ago.

Doctors say the Cancer may be related to smoking but can't say for sure because it is at the juncture of my esophogas and stomach. Would i have quit if i knew than what I know now? I didn't and clearly had the choice. My decision was to roll the rice and smoke. I drew snake eyes, and lost. The choice of course is yours but I made mine and will suffer for it.

I am 69 years of age ad have had a wonderful life but i sure never figured it would end like this.
Boy I hear you. However, I never expounded on the healthiness of smoking. It is more of my right to do what is legal and wouldn't it have been easier for him to not turn my night into an aggravating experience and just close the windows for an hour or two. I have bitten my lip many times when someone is doing something undesirable to me. The undesirable situation will usually pass after a short time.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #47

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster1 View Post
Sorry to hear that.

I stopped smoking 40 years ago. Regardless, I now have advanced prostrate cancer that I have been fighting since 2007.

Sometimes things happen, regardless of our choices in life. Most of us think we are invincible when younger, and only listen to others when we suffer the consequences of our earlier lifestyle.

I am wishing you the best for what you have left in life.

Who knows, others may learn and act on your effort to educate, based on personal example.

Thanks for your story.

PS; With the beneficial aspects of THC on cancer, I may need to visit Colorado more often, or move there. Who knows, I may need to take up smoking marijuana as a medical solution... sometimes things we did when younger end up being better for us than perceived earlier....
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I am an EX-smoker. And now I wished that I had never started smoking in the first place. I smoked from age 18 -28 and quit around November of 1972, that's almost 41 years ago.

I am now very intolerant of any type of smoke, campfire or smokers, cigarette or otherwise. More so if I happen to have a cold or bronchial infection.

If I am in or around ANY kind of smoke, I turn and go the other way.

I will not subject my lungs and body to that kind of detrimental health under any circumstances.

If I happen to be in a situation where I cannot turn and bolt, I will politely let the offenders know of my condition and see where is goes.

In California, many laws have been passed to eliminate smoking in public places.

It has been my observation that people are finally "getting it" that smoking of any sort is a health risk.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #49

Coaster,

Sorry to hear about your problem. My 62 year old brother died last year from Espohogeal cancer and he never smoked.

God bless.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #50

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe View Post
Coaster,

Sorry to hear about your problem. My 62 year old brother died last year from Espohogeal cancer and he never smoked.

God bless.
You never know, second hand smoke can and does kill a lot of people that never intentionally smoked themselves.

That is many times overlooked by a smoker. Their "right to smoke" can directly impact everyone else that has to breath it.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #51

Blah., blah, blah...liberal tree hugger crap! I'm outside, I'm not in someone's else's campsite or sitting outside their door. I might...MIGHT....move my chair a bit if you ask nicely. Campfire smoke is ok but not my cigar? I'll do what I want, when I want in my own campsite unless it's against the law or park rules. Close your friggin' window, or if you're man enough, come knock it out of my hand (critical error), otherwise, here's a large can of "Shut the hell up" for you to open. I have to go light my cigar RIGHT NOW!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #52

Dr4,
I expect any of us here would graciously honor a polite request, especially if someone with a real health problem asked.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #53

Expensive cancer is no better than cheap cancer
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #54

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFPD View Post
Blah., blah, blah...liberal tree hugger crap! ...if you're man enough, come knock it out of my hand (critical error), otherwise, here's a large can of "Shut the hell up" for you to open. I have to go light my cigar RIGHT NOW!
That is the response you can expect form so many today.

Don't try to confuse me with the facts. I don't care about your opinion, regardless of the reality of the facts. I'll do what I want to regardless how it impacts you.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I do not smoke cigars.

A good cigar is NEVER smoked. It is something that is experienced!

I experience one on occasion.

I try to stay downwind.
You hit the nail one the head. I think I'll experience a Man-O-War tonight.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacamper View Post

You hit the nail one the head. I think I'll experience a Man-O-War tonight.
Man-O-War? Wow!
I think I can smell it.
I do a bit lower shelf stuff, but a Genuine Counterfeit Cuban is a good one.
Puff on!
(Downwind, of course)

Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread