Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Is that a Trivial Pursuit clue or a medical condition?...
Haha! You slay me.
Possibly both, depending on how folks interpret it.
Naw. Humidor under the dinette seat keeps my cigars in perfect puffing condition.
(Downwind, of course)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smoking a good cigar, which I do when camping, is not more offensive and unhealthy than the smoky campfire the idiot across the street started hours ago and keeps pouring lighter fluid on to keep it smoking. If I were there first ,I would say "[moderator edit] you Jack.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
smoke away and enjoy!

FAR better than a bunch of drunken sports jocks hollering at every replay they see on their outside TV

or the DP sitting there running because the owner thinks he must warm it up before it can be moved

or the obnoxious kids next door

or the barking dog next door

etc etc
Let me get this straight: Because other people can behave badly, you get a pass?

If you're bothering your neighbors, it doesn't matter how, you're doing it wrong...

I like a cigar too, but I also have an expectation to clean air when I pay to camp somewhere...
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, some have attitude. If one is renting a campsite does one relinquish his legal rights to do as he pleases within the realm of the law because his neighbour is unhappy with the choices made. I think its time for some to check the mirrors to see if there is a dolt with an attitude looking back at one. If laws are not being broken what does your medicinal beliefs have to do with what others want to do.

BTW Washington and Colorado camping may be out for me as I am very very allergic to cannabis and the THC within. It makes me violently ill to smell the stuff so to me there is no obvious medicinal value to the crap.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #75

clyon51 they must of gotten it from every smoker they were next too. have to blame someone.
next time i go camping i think i should go next store everytime someone does something. i think your up to early -- go back to bed.
your cooking every meal to early - we eat later.
fires only during the daytime when i'm gone. have it put out 1 hour before i get back. i go to bed at 8pm so lights out and i don't want to hear a peep out of anyone. tie up kids and pets on other side of your camper. i don't want to see or hear them. if your wife is uggly put her over there also. if she's hot and can keep here mouth shut put here where i can keep a eye on her.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #76

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'll quench two stogies for every blankety-blank generator that someone shuts down.

Sound fair?

P.S.

And if you shut that goldarn "whumping" fridge down to boot, I'll also quench a stogie that actually belongs to me!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #77

Well, as my old Dad used to say,,,, Do your own thing as long as it does not bother other people. I try to live by that but I have to say that back when I was a smoker, I did not think it bothered others. Now that I am a Non, I have come to realize that it really does stink and it does bother others. Now I just leave and head to another space. It's a fight but not my fight... I would just close my windows and let it be.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post

ROFLMBO..... It's genetics folks and just a roll of the dice.
I totally support your right to kill yourself (or not) smokin cigars. However, according to the CDC and about a bazillion other research & medical scientists it's NOT just genetics or a roll of the dice.

I know, I know it's not considered to be in good taste to inject facts into one of these discussions.

CDC.....

Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of disease, disability, and death in the United States. Each year, an estimated 443,000 people die prematurely from smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke, and another 8.6 million live with a serious illness caused by smoking. Despite these risks, approximately 46.6 million U.S. adults smoke cigarettes. Smokeless tobacco, cigars, and pipes also have deadly consequences, including lung, larynx, esophageal, and oral cancers.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post

I totally support your right to kill yourself (or not) smokin cigars. However, according to the CDC and about a bazillion other research & medical scientists it's NOT just genetics or a roll of the dice.

I know, I know it's not considered to be in good taste to inject facts into one of these discussions.

CDC.....

Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of disease, disability, and death in the United States. Each year, an estimated 443,000 people die prematurely from smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke, and another 8.6 million live with a serious illness caused by smoking. Despite these risks, approximately 46.6 million U.S. adults smoke cigarettes. Smokeless tobacco, cigars, and pipes also have deadly consequences, including lung, larynx, esophageal, and oral cancers.
Ya and guns kill people too but that doesn't stop people from buying and using them...
Cars kill people and we still buy and drive them...
Suck in the air off the exhaust pipe and your doomed...
Drink enough Coke and it will kill ya...
French Fries will stop your heart eventually,,,
To each his/her own. Just do your best to not bother others while your doin it, Right?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess some believe if you enjoy an occasional cigar or smoke like a chimney you must also live in a hermit hole or on the moon with no outside contact whatsoever - never heard about the effects of tobacco - are not smart enough to make your own decisions and are in need of their tutelage and adult supervision. Free country but the facts are well known by anyone with half a wit. I personally am convinced if smoking would kill us in half the time it usually takes - it would be illegal. I get it and I think we all do. But throwing the facts around as if we didn't know is almost insulting. Bottom line - it's legal and as long as it is - it's one of the rights we defend. Right, wrong or indifferent. I also agree that we have an obesity problem and way too much diabetes and related health issues - but no 20 oz Cokes is going to far in book. The more rights we take away - the fewer rights there are to fight for. To all my brothers and sisters that served to protect our rights to do both foolish and great things - Respect.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Man-O-War? Wow!
I think I can smell it.
I do a bit lower shelf stuff, but a Genuine Counterfeit Cuban is a good one.
Puff on!
(Downwind, of course)
Dave
RVM1
Hey, I've got some genuine counterfeit Cuban Cohiba's and a few maybe counterfeit Montecristo's... come on over. Got so genuine Wild Turkey and Don Julio 70 sipping tequila...
Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #82

cb1000...NO passes discussed

No laws to outside smoking...so if someone wants to smoke..let them

Just as there is No laws about obnoxious kids, barking dogs, watching outside TVs or starting your DP and letting it sit an idle.

Now if camp ground had a "no outside smoking" rule..then by all means the OP was in the wrong.

If I do not like what someone does who is around me..I don't go whining and crying to them and expect them to abide by my wishes. I keep to myself. My neighbor is in his/her PAID spot.

If I smell smoke and do not want to smell smoke..I find somewhere to go to avoid the smoke...just as I would if I didnt like the sunshine beating down on me.

If the OP was sitting there with a bunch of buddies doing something "illegal" that is entirely different...but he wasn't..........so smoke em if you got em!

If people can't be tolerate of others, then why do they subject themselves to areas that contain others?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post

If people can't be tolerate of others, then why do they subject themselves to areas that contain others?

That's the problem with Planet Earth- all those "others"! What was it that Charlie Brown's Lucy used to say?...Oh, yes:

"I love humanity- it's people I can't stand!"
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #84

I like to sniff my jacket the morning after a good pine campfire.

Closed Thread