Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #155

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Looking forward to it Jay.
Hey, you never answered me as to when and where in Ohio are you going to be this summer?
Frank
Southern part. Not far from Cincinnati. One of the veterans that was accepted to the program is in that area. There is also another vets group we are partnering with that wants to work with that veteran and turn his farm into a training facility for Ohio and expand on our program there. I'm meeting with the veteran as well as the group. June or July depending on scheduling and the S&B sale status. If I get everything ready by June 1st I can travel and Patty can monitor things in WA while I am away for a week
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #156

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Jay. We will be heading for NE Ohio on the 1st of June, should get there on the 2nd. Cincinnati is bout 4 1/2 hours from us. So keep in touch, will you be driving, or flying?
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #157

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Thanks Jay. We will be heading for NE Ohio on the 1st of June, should get there on the 2nd. Cincinnati is bout 4 1/2 hours from us. So keep in touch, will you be driving, or flying?
Frank
I'll either be in a coach or in my car if I have not bought one by then. Still hunting.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:00 AM   #158

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks , Jay, We will stay in contact and see if we can meet up when the time comes. I've got the dig into the motor and change the Fuel Pressure Regulator when we get back to Ohio, mine is going bad rapidly and it is causing problems. I understand that it is a 4 to 6 hour Job, so I don't know what I will get into, but I am not going to let some so called diesel tech touch it at a GM dealer.
Frank
Old 05-12-2015, 03:22 PM   #159

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Thanks , Jay, We will stay in contact and see if we can meet up when the time comes. I've got the dig into the motor and change the Fuel Pressure Regulator when we get back to Ohio, mine is going bad rapidly and it is causing problems. I understand that it is a 4 to 6 hour Job, so I don't know what I will get into, but I am not going to let some so called diesel tech touch it at a GM dealer.
Frank
One way or another Frank, we will catch up and break some bread.

How did the regulator issue turn out?
Old 05-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #160

Well I was told to come check out this thread and this is exactly where I belong .
Here's my FW build just to show that I belong here
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/1986-...on-245635.html
And it doesn't end there if I own it, it won't stay stock
Here is my obs ford build

And this is the same truck that brought the FW project home
Also I have been on a horse trailer buying spree to use for my business and I can't leave those alone and both of them have gone or are going through a major renovation. And to prove that I belong here you have to take a look at my house my kitchen just went through its fourth reno and I'm going to be doing number five here pretty soon because I just can't do laminate countertops anymore even after my third set up this time I'm getting real marble. Oh and another thing you guys may be interested in is what's going to be my new tow pig a freightliner fl80

Most would leave it alone and hook up the FW and go but that's not me. This truck will mainly be used to pull my show cattle trailer but it will also get FW duty and I can't pull into a major show or campground in that thing. So I made this rendering of what it will look like when I'm done with it (color choice I'm not sure on yet)

Old 05-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #161

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yep, he belongs here. Welcome smcox1 Nice work
Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 AM   #162

Love the plans for the Freightliner pickup.

My kinda guy!

Just got my snorkel on the Rodeo done and since I rewired the trailer harness on it to an RV plug so I can power and use my electric brakes on my trailers, I put the power and brake fuses on a panel behind the rear license plate. Then got to thinking that rather than unbolt the license plate just to check the fuses I would build a hinged tilt down door to mount the license plate to, like what they used when the gas tank filler used to be behind the rear license plates. So I did!

Been rigging up some things I need to go bring Lynne Coach up to my place and will get it Thursday or Friday.

Been busy between floods and tornado damage to my community around us. So far no damage to us other than the Swamp that use to be a yard. We got 3.5 inches of rain the other night. So I bought the stuff to put in a french drain, cistern tanks and a tornado shelter is next. Barely got missed by two this week. We lost one of my favorite road to ride my motorcycle down with a flash flood at the creek bridge. It's gone. Was a nice twisty little road across the little creek. Darn!

Told Melissa that if we got hit we'd start FT after we cleaned off the lot and cashed the insurance checks. Then I told her to move all the insurance paperwork into the gun safe since it bolted to the floor. You'd think we lived in Kansas with these twisters we're having.

Anybody got any suggestions as to were to live in Panama?
Old 05-13-2015, 04:49 AM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Curtis, Glad to hear all is well with you with so much going on around you. smcox1, nice that you found the thread here, you certainly are a clacer ! Frank, hope that fuel reg. last till you get to Ohio. Have a good one everyone!
Old 05-13-2015, 06:26 AM   #164

Freightliner Owners Club
Cutis,
Glad that you guys are ok and that the really bad stuff missed you.
Terry and Jay,
Thank you, the FPR is sticking wide open, which causes the problem at low speed, but doesn't hurt that much when towing. Last couple days it hasn't acted up(knock on wood). Drove about 120 miles last night , having dinner with a friend that I met over on Diesel Place Forum last year, and it acted normal. So I have my fingers crossed. When it sticks it causes the fuel pressure to go to between 23,000 and 26,000 psi, Which is normal at wide open throttle, but too high for idle. You can tell that it is hard on the injectors, because you can hear them clattering like an old 5.9L Cummins.
smcox1,
Welcome aboard, look forward to your sport chassis build.
Frank
Old 05-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #165

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Love the plans for the Freightliner pickup.

My kinda guy!

Just got my snorkel on the Rodeo done and since I rewired the trailer harness on it to an RV plug so I can power and use my electric brakes on my trailers, I put the power and brake fuses on a panel behind the rear license plate. Then got to thinking that rather than unbolt the license plate just to check the fuses I would build a hinged tilt down door to mount the license plate to, like what they used when the gas tank filler used to be behind the rear license plates. So I did!

Been rigging up some things I need to go bring Lynne Coach up to my place and will get it Thursday or Friday.

Been busy between floods and tornado damage to my community around us. So far no damage to us other than the Swamp that use to be a yard. We got 3.5 inches of rain the other night. So I bought the stuff to put in a french drain, cistern tanks and a tornado shelter is next. Barely got missed by two this week. We lost one of my favorite road to ride my motorcycle down with a flash flood at the creek bridge. It's gone. Was a nice twisty little road across the little creek. Darn!

Told Melissa that if we got hit we'd start FT after we cleaned off the lot and cashed the insurance checks. Then I told her to move all the insurance paperwork into the gun safe since it bolted to the floor. You'd think we lived in Kansas with these twisters we're having.

Anybody got any suggestions as to were to live in Panama?
Panama City looks pretty good. If I had to choose I would seriously consider Costa Rica. Stopped there on a cruise and it looked very good.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #166

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
Old 05-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #167

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0118 (2).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	94242
Well, I just got the time to read this whole thread, and I think I fit! Here is the '66' Chevy shortbed stepside, that we just sub'd the front frame from a '79' Firebird. The rearend is also getting swapped out! So the truck will handle like a firebird, and should look and ride good! When I got the truck it was just restored back original with the hot water 6, and 3 on the tree! Did not last long like that, got a 350/350hp motor, turbo 350 trans/w/shift kit, but the brake's and steering were not up to snuff, so the swap! It is now my son's, and has not had much done in the last year? He is into the Mud drags, and the whole off road/mud thing? So, you never know? But it is next on the list, so we will see how it turns out? I have always been a tinkerer, from very early on. I would buy basket case MC that people would tear apart, then could not put back together, finish them, ride them, and sell them! Back when I was about 10/12 I put a old lawnmower motor on my 26" Schiwinn bike, so I could deliver the papers faster on my paper route! Thought my dad was going to have a heart attack, but after he saw how well it ran, he just said, "OK Then" Here is a pic of the old Chevy PU!
Rail!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #168

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Rail - Welcome to the club! I've but a honda 50 engine on a bike, but not a mower engine. Would love to have seen that. Like that Chev. My 2nd fav body style next to the 58. Curtis and Shawn and myself can identify with the off roading. Those two have built some world class trucks. Still working on mine.

Tags
cant leave it alone, clac, projects, tinkerers