Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #43

Jay my DW is a quilter, and from the sound of it a lot like your DW when it comes to holiday decorations, that's what's in most of the boxes in the garage. Used to have a nice covered patio on the back of the house, but enclosed it and converted it to a sewing room for her passion/addiction when we got married. Learned early, "Happy Wife, happy life."

Terry that Syclone is one sweet ride and would make for a very interesting toad. A new LS9 crate motor would slip right in there. Of course then the problem would be Not frying the rear tires! Of wait, that would b my problem if I had a ride like that.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bubba, when we built that I had an auto shop that sold tires, good thing I could get tires at cost . We needed them several times a year, Fill it with gas and check the tires, momma we're going for a ride !!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Guys here's my other project, this will be done right after the TH, its DW's Harley FXR being converted into a bagger complete w/fairing and all bags and trunk. Also Softail front forks. Its in the mockup stage here building brackets, extending the rear fender ect. This was inspired by the new (couple yrs ago) Harley Switchback, a smaller bagger than the big Ultras ect. How do I know it will be done, It's My DW"s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0705141653.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	90561  
Old 04-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nice Terry. Stuff waiting in the wings. (sigh) But I do have a massive building project ahead for the ranch. Yes you must get DW's scooter done next. Happy wife....

Mike I gladly give up the garage space for that stuff to stay out of my shop. Things get pretty dusty over there because its not storage, its a shop. Work happens there. Happy wife... her totes are covered in sawdust when she wants them.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #47

Heh heh, yeah Terry I bet that was/is a handful, but a whole lot of fun. I helped a friend back in my younger days put a 351 Windsor in his 71 Pinto. It was fast, but really only good for going in straight lines. You won't hate me if I tell you I ride Goldwings will you? Unfortunately I have no projects now.

I know what you mean Jay, I have to be real careful in the garage that I don't "accidently" put some greasy oily car or motorcycle part on top of her totes or boxes, which I may have done once, but not twice.

I'm sure y'all heard the old saying," If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Well there's a little known second verse. "If Daddy ain't happy, nobody cares!"

Mike H
Old 04-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hey Mike, I'm not one of those Harley riders that look down on other bikes, my feelings are anybody out there in the wind is another brother biker, we all face the same trials and tribulations. Only thing I have against a Gold Wing is they are quiet, I almost got run over by one once never heard him coming . I can't hardly count the weird combos I've built, I once had a 4X4 Ford Pinto built on a 3/4 ton jeep PU frame. One of my first mud boggers.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I love the Syclone, and DW's bike looks sweet. I don't ride, but do enjoy a good looking bike. Of course like the rest of us on here, really like about anything with a motor and wheels.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
Heh heh, yeah Terry I bet that was/is a handful, but a whole lot of fun. I helped a friend back in my younger days put a 351 Windsor in his 71 Pinto. It was fast, but really only good for going in straight lines. You won't hate me if I tell you I ride Goldwings will you? Unfortunately I have no projects now.

I know what you mean Jay, I have to be real careful in the garage that I don't "accidently" put some greasy oily car or motorcycle part on top of her totes or boxes, which I may have done once, but not twice.

I'm sure y'all heard the old saying," If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Well there's a little known second verse. "If Daddy ain't happy, nobody cares!"

Mike H
Sorry Mike - Janet and I both have wings. Hers is triked, mine is on two. So - you are not alone. She also has a V-Star 1100 on two wheels.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #51

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Crazy combos eh....

350 chev with a blower in an early honda civic cvcc. Because we could.
V8 Datsun (not nissan) PU channelled cab & bed
V8 in a 1979 MGB
Ford 351 Cleveland 1972 capri (the german one)
4 rotor mazda rx4
Carrera engined Beetle
Subaru Brat with twin turbo flat 6

Lots of normal muscle cars with crazy horsepower but none of them as scary crazy as those listed above.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Nice morning here cold but sunny, Gordon, Eleanor also has a V Star hers is a 650, customized of course, hers is bagged and trunked with a full fairing. Jay, You are my kind of guy, I've done crazy combos my whole life, We did a v6 turbo in a Datsun, my early days were spent doing road racing, hill climbs, (like pikes peak type) my best car......1969 Boss 302, of course I CLAC I sold the engine and swapped in a Carroll Shelby built 302 direct from his shop, man that motor would turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0813141044a.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	526.7 KB
ID:	90623  
Old 04-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice job on the V-Star. We have kept Janets stock except for some aftermarket soft bags, engine guard and an oil filter diverter. Burned myself a couple times when changing oil so it had to go when one of the exhaust studs broke. After a couple hours of fussing getting the old stud out I said enough.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Yamaha, messed up on a couple of things with those V Stars, one being the oil filter location, did you buy the relocating kit? And there is not enough gearing it needs one more gear to be comfortable, other than that they are reliable & comfortable.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #55

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Terry - Another great scooter pic. I knew we were kindred spirits the day I came across Total Rebuild. Anyone able to take on a project like that and do it well is my kinda guy/gal. I knew you had a long life of modifying things or you would not have the skills to do that project in the first place. It's why I had to jump in and say hi as I'm sure most of the others there would agree. I knew you had to have some crazy builds in there somewhere.

Those that do not have these skills can admire and wonder, but when you have them yourself you really understand what it takes and find a kinship in it. I've made more true friends through projects than any other thing in life. Also had a few folks that have never done these things prior to helping me, turn into good friends, helpers and even tinkerers in their own right. It's like breaking bread together, it forms a bond. I know my own life has been enriched by the experiences.

Darn happy to have maid the acquaintances I have on here and look forward to seeing a great deal of those turn into friendships and some good times shared together, be it just in the ether or face to face. I like doers and this group is surely that.

Now that the sappy part is over, a Happy Easter or Passover to you all.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #56

Good to know you guys won't hold my love of 'Wings against me. Gordon I'm envious of your DW's trike. Due to some youthful indiscretion's; I.E. injuries, which have now caught up with me my riding days have been greatly curtailed. The DW doesn't want me out there on 2 wheels anymore. Said she might consider letting me loose on three. Also Gordon, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Janet tomorrow.

You guys with your crazy combos are just my kinda guys. Two of my personal fav's I wish I hadn't sold, 73' Datsun 240Z with Chevy 327 and my 70' Vega with 4.8 GM V8. I originally had a 4.3 V6 in the Vega.

Mike H

Tags
cant leave it alone, clac, projects, tinkerers