Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Closed thread

I understand why it was closed, I don't understand why people have difficulty discussing things with out putting a party label on it. I'm more interested in the morals of a stance than the party pushing it. I'm adamantly against abortion, but my social views are very liberal. So where does that leave me. The party that reviles abortion cares little about what happens to the children once they are born, they blame the careless parents. But will not fund their education or health care. We are our brothers keepers, in the end the success of a civilization must be judged by the care of our weak and helpless. The party that claims religious superiority doesn't care while the one that supports woman's rights and gay rights is condemned. The party that cares is reviled as spend thrift elitist. Go figure?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I'm more in the camp of God helps those that help themselves. If our brothers have a real need and can't help themselves then yes we should help them. I couldn't get a loan for a house so I bought some land on contract then build my home and did all the work associated with it ( It took me 10 years to do this). I did ot in stages. It was hard work but I did it. I didn't look for a free hand out and I stay with in my means. So why should I pay for others mistakes? There are people who have problems not brought on by themself those people need a help I agree with that. People who made bad choice shouldn't be supplemented by me when I live with in my means.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Honda122: I thought it was a place to express non-rv thoughts and opinions, without being mean and nasty.

If you want to see expansion of why a thread should be shut down, go to the don't ask, don't tell thread in the military section. Read the shut down reason.

Couldn't find that "mission statement" anywhere. Guess who shut that one down ?

Kerry

If I was to state the 2010 census showed that the black population of San Francisco was only 35% of what it was in 1970, according to some..I would be a racist. But the numbers are what they are.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I understand why it was closed, I don't understand why people have difficulty discussing things with out putting a party label on it. I'm more interested in the morals of a stance than the party pushing it. I'm adamantly against abortion, but my social views are very liberal. So where does that leave me. The party that reviles abortion cares little about what happens to the children once they are born, they blame the careless parents. But will not fund their education or health care. We are our brothers keepers, in the end the success of a civilization must be judged by the care of our weak and helpless. The party that claims religious superiority doesn't care while the one that supports woman's rights and gay rights is condemned. The party that cares is reviled as spend thrift elitist. Go figure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post

Couldn't find that "mission statement" anywhere. Guess who shut that one down ?

Kerry
Here is a link to our site rules http://www.irv2.com/forums/misc.php?...ork&page=rules

Basically when a thread is closed here at iRV2, the decision is made by the site team. Several moderators review the issue and agree on what action to take.

This bit from our site rules address most of these thread closures:

Quote:
Discussions of politics and religion are not allowed at iRV2.
Discussion of subjects such as guns, gun rights, abortion, sexually explicit topics, vulgar humor or anything that is threatening, harassing, tasteless or abusive rarely end well. For this reason the moderation team may edit or delete discussions of these topics as well as any other topic deemed to be divisive or inappropriate. Images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed or edited at our discretion.
We are an RV forum and while some off topic discussions are fine, others are not allowed. We have made these choices to keep peace on the forum and ask that you respect this decision.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread