Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I don't know about you however the military conduct of the British sailors and Navy in this entire matter is suspect. If it we're up to me, the operations officer in charge of providing air cover over the boarding party should be summarily court marshaled. The Captain of the British warship HMS Cornwall should be relieved.

This entire matter does not sit very well with me especially since this entire matter played out in favor of the Iranian government and has make the Brits to look incompetent and weak.

I am not suggesting that the situation should have been escalated to a more aggressive posture however this entire matter should not have progressed to the point where the boarding party was captured.

The GPS coordinates that were a subject to the capture and presented as evidence and changed 3 times is just beyond comprehension.

If I were those sailors in the boarding party - I'd be looking to work for another Navy.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I don't know about you however the military conduct of the British sailors and Navy in this entire matter is suspect. If it we're up to me, the operations officer in charge of providing air cover over the boarding party should be summarily court marshaled. The Captain of the British warship HMS Cornwall should be relieved.

This entire matter does not sit very well with me especially since this entire matter played out in favor of the Iranian government and has make the Brits to look incompetent and weak.

I am not suggesting that the situation should have been escalated to a more aggressive posture however this entire matter should not have progressed to the point where the boarding party was captured.

The GPS coordinates that were a subject to the capture and presented as evidence and changed 3 times is just beyond comprehension.

If I were those sailors in the boarding party - I'd be looking to work for another Navy.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I don't know if Britan has a Code of Military Conduct similar to the one I had to adhere to while in our US Navy, but if they did the sailors who collaborated with the enemy after capture would be in violation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Article I: I am an American, fighting in the armed forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

<LI>Article II: I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

<LI>Article III: If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

<LI>Article IV: If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

<LI>Article V: When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service, number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

<LI>Article VI: I will never forget that I am an American, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.[/list] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised if all 15 were court martialed.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I agree with you gents but find our own Speaker of the House giving aid and comfort to the enemy more worrisome.

I think she should be indicted for treason. She sure trumped the nitwit Jane Fonda. (Thanks for the correction hamguy.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't be surprised if all 15 were court martialed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based on previous captives, all statements and actions while captive seem to be forgiven, as they were perfomed under duress.

But, Richard I agree that we were taught differently when we served.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
I agree with you gents but find our own Speaker of the House giving aid and comfort to the enemy more worrisome.

I think she should be indicted for treason. She sure trumped the nitwit Nancy Sinatra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't you mean Jane Fonda? Actually, I would like to see Ms. Pelosi's passport jerked!

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamguy:
Don't you mean Jane Fonda? Actually, I would like to see Ms. Pelosi's passport jerked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do not agree which the course of action Ms. Pelosi pursued however it is well within her right to do so since she is 3rd in succession to the Presidency.

I am hoping that the democratic speaker will wake up and realize that these are genuinely very bad men she is dealing with and they would just as soon put her in a burkah than have to speak or deal with her.

This certainly "is" sending a strong message to the taliban, al-kaida or any of the other militant groups that seek change through unconventional and drastic methods and the message is certainly not good for the interests of the United States.

I was afraid that somehow this was going to happen and "Boom", there it is!

Anybody remember Britian's pre-war PM Mr. Chamberlain? Same thing just a few years later.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do not agree which the course of action Ms. Pelosi pursued however it is well within her right to do so since she is 3rd in succession to the Presidency. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree that it is within her right to get involved with foreign policy. That is the business of the Executive branch and the State Department.

Her goal was to try to accomplish something the current administration could not. Her displeasure with president Bush is obvious.

She is out of line, and according to the evening news, has conveyed a wrong message to Syria about Israel.

She's in over her head.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #9

Driver,

I have to agree with you 100%! I have personally been to Iraq twice and have traveled extensivly through the surounding countries near the war zone.

It is very sobering to see the effects of IED's on mangled Humvees and other fighting vehicles. It is more heartbreaking to visit the wounded American fighters being brought back to health in Walter Reed and Bethesda.

However, these brave Americans are truely inspirational. The American Fighting Spirit is alive and well in these people. They believe in their mission, their leaders and are proud to serve this great country. I am proud to serve with them.

Sadly, our Congressional "leadership" is selling these troops out and helping the enemy to stick knives in their backs.

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actually it is NOT within her authority. She is in violation of the Constitution, and were it not for the fact that President Bush has not seen fit to charge her, she would be in prison.

The Constitution gives NO authority to congress to act in matters of foreign policy. All foreign policy matters are the sole responsibility of the executive branch.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hamguy said <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Constitution gives NO authority to congress to act in matters of foreign policy. All foreign policy matters are the sole responsibility of the executive branch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, yes but you've missed an important point. We've moved "beyond the facts". Reality isn't important any more, nor or the written laws. What is important is feelings. Unfortunately, Rosie has way more "feelings" than the rest of us.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #12

Agree

From my blog...

Nancy Pelosi – Sleeping With The Enemy?

April 01, 2007 02:00 PM EST
Michael John McCrae

The Associated Press release was entitled: "White House Doesn't Support House Speaker Pelosi's Visit to Syria, Saturday , March 31, 2007 which began: "House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will visit Syria, a country President Bush has shunned as a sponsor of terrorism, despite being asked by the administration not to go.
"¯What is it about Democrats and visiting known sponsors of terrorism?
About the picture of Nancy in her headscarf:

"Wearing a flowered head scarf and a black abaya robe, Pelosi visited the 8th-century Omayyad Mosque. She made the sign of the cross in front of an elaborate tomb which is said to contain the head of John the Baptist. About 10 percent of Syria's 18 million people are Christian."¯ (http://www.myway/, 4/4/07).

The father of Syrian President Bashar Assad, the late Hafez Assad, led a regime dominated by the belief that women do not have souls.

Assad originated from the Alawite religious minority, though in essence a sect of Shiite Islam is a world apart from Islam in doctrine and practice.

"The secretive faith"”in name indicating followers of Ali, son-in-law of Islam's founding Prophet Mohammed"”also combines elements of Christianity and astrology."¯ (Apologetics Index).

Peculiar to the Alawites is the belief that women do not have souls.
Politically Bashar Assad is a chip off the proverbial old block. Shaped by his father's lifetime crusade against Israel, he has steadfastly resisted Israeli and American pressure to abandon support for Hezbollah. http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover040407.htm

John Kerry is perhaps the most traveled of democrats. Perhaps Nancy is attempting to build her legacy in line with that of Senator Kerry.
Nancy Pelosi wants to have tea and conversation with American enemies. What could she possibly say or do to get the Syrian President to stop allowing terrorists to cross his border into Iraq?

What could Nancy promise to get Syria to stop interfering into the politics of neighboring Lebanon? Could Nancy get Syria to stop supporting Hezbollah?

In actuality, Nancy's visit will add legitimization to the terrorist government of Syria.

The State Department is quoted: "In our view, it is not the right time to have these sorts of high-profile visitors to Syria," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters Friday."¯The article continued: "Pelosi toured Jerusalem holy sites Saturday alongside a congressional delegation that included Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress...Her second trip to the Middle East, an indication she plans to play a role in foreign policy, is also a direct affront to the administration, which says such diplomatic overtures by lawmakers can do more harm than good.

Pelosi will not be the first member of Congress in recent months to travel to Syria, but as House speaker she is the most senior."¯"...a direct affront..."¯ is certainly the plan of Pelosi. She has no other right or reason to be in the Middle East.

This trip is being billed as a "fact finding"¯ mission. Will she find out where all Iraq's WMDs have been buried? Will she even ask that question? Would she dare ask Assad to get involved in getting the British hostages released from Syria's good friend Iran?

As the "most senior"¯ member of Congress to visit Syria is she going as an example of America's diplomatic strength that states "Freedom of Death"¯ or is she going to let Assad know she'll do everything in her power to force the retreat of America and the victory of Islamic fascism in the nation of Iraq?

It doesn't seem to matter to Pelosi that she is giving terrorist states legitimacy. The article continued: "White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said the speaker "should take a step back and think about the message that it sends." [Syria] is a county that is a state sponsor of terror, one that is trying to disrupt the Senora government in Lebanon and one that is allowing foreign fighters to flow into Iraq from its borders," Perino said.

Pelosi's office did not immediately return a call seeking comment on why she was not heeding administration warnings."¯Nancy is not alone in her search for the perfect photo opportunity or her chance at legacy building.
Quoting the article: "Others traveling with Pelosi were Democratic Reps. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, Henry Waxman and Tom Lantos of California, Louise Slaughter of New York and Nick Rahall of West Virginia, and Ohio Republican David Hobson. Ellison is the first Muslim member of Congress.

The group planned to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and to travel to the West Bank to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas...The speaker is expected on Sunday to address the Israeli Knesset, her first address to a foreign government. She will become the highest-ranking American woman to speak before the Israeli parliament, according to her office."¯

It will be interesting to see what types of quotes media will latch onto to make Nancy's trip meaningful. The article says: "She is expected to discuss "America's commitment to Israel and the challenges facing the two nations in the Middle East," according to a statement."¯ But the latest in a series of Congressional plans to retreat from the Middle East is hardly supportive of Israel. That America and the Congress in particular refuse to censure Iran's nuclear plans in favor of appeasement and ineffective diplomacy can hardly give Israel comfort in that such ideas only aid and comfort Israel's enemies.

Pelosi is also the major player in the attempt to establish a firm run-away date from Iraq. She and her congressional allies want, or rather need America to be defeated in Iraq. It doesn't matter which Islamic state claims the victory as long as democrats benefit from the polls.

The article said: "Pelosi last week forced legislation through the House that would order all combat troops out of Iraq by September 2008, a measure that resembles legislation approved by the Democratic-run Senate."¯

I like that term "democrat-run"¯.
When Islam declares victory over America I fully expect to see Nancy Pelosi wearing a head scarf in the halls of congress.

She is visiting the states she hopes will bring peace to the Middle East. She is "fact finding"¯.Upon her return will she share any of those "facts"¯ with the administration that is protecting American interests or will she keep her facts to herself as John Kerry always manages to do?

Mr. Mc Crae had a question mark in the title. I removed it. There is no question. You can't dismiss the actions of Nancy Pelosi as merely "stuck on stupid" here. This is a deliberate attempt to appease the enemies of America and sell out Israel

Lord help us!

Ah, yes but you've missed an important point. We've moved "beyond the facts". Reality isn't important any more, nor or the written laws. What is important is feelings. Unfortunately, Rosie has way more "feelings" than the rest of us.[/QUOTE]
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #13

Makes me wonder if she's laying the groundwork to be Slick-Hillary's running mate???
Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #14

So I suppose the Republican congressmen who went to Syria the previous week get the same treatment?

Tony

2001 International 4700 LP
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote