Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Go to a book store and buy the Red Book on coin values. If you go to a coin dealer they will if your lucky give you half value of the coins, they have to make money. Try selling on e-bay.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Years ago My Brother owned a small corner Grocery and I was working the register and a kid came in and brought to the counter Handful's of candy, I rang it up on the Register and he handed me a handful of coins, 4 Morgen Silver Dollars, 1895,1896 and a bunch other dimes, Nickles and Kennedy 50 centers. all 1964 and before. Bunch of Quarters from the early 1900's.
I've always wondered what happened to him
Back when I had a paper route I got paid in Silver Certificates ( Paper dollars) occasionally. Does that mean I would get paid in silver when I went to cash them in?
Do some researching you might have some valuable coins.
Will you let us know what you do?
Have Fun,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #17

Thanks everyone. So far I have extracted most of the coins that only have face value, and I will spend those away. The rest I am using a few of the sites listed my you guys and I'm listing the coins and estimated the value. As soon as I am done my Son in Law wants first dibs on the coins, and after that I will see what a coin dealer will give for them. My 11 year old granddaughter bought $5 worth of them today ( the shinny ones!) so I'm swimming in cash at the moment! However she will probably earn the $5 back doing odd jobs around here. I'm such a softy.

So far I found a two half dollar 1908 gold coin. That is probably the best one except for maybe a few of the really old silver dollars!

Anyway Thanks everyone.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #18

I had a big cookie tin full of old coins that I had collected over the years. Used to sit and look at them trying to figure out what to do with them.
One day I was showing them to my grandsons. They were so intrigued I gave them the whole works for safe keeping. Problem solved.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
After my Dad passed away, I found coins and paper money in a drawer. The coins had only face value but some of the paper money sold for a lot of $$$$. I had a couple of old $5 bills that sold on EBAY for $250 each!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OP... did ya hit the jackpot?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:37 AM   #21

Well, you know what, the weather suddenly turned warmer and I have put that little project off a bit. Its hard to do inside things when it is soooo nice outside! I did get several good ideas on how to dispose of them though. My granddaughter and son in law want to look at them before I do anything drastic, She is still a bit young and her daddy is hoping I will wait a bit until she grows an interest in coins. Every time they are here he will go get a coin and they will look up the history together. I guess you can see where my coins will be going.....
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:49 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Well, you know what, the weather suddenly turned warmer and I have put that little project off a bit. Its hard to do inside things when it is soooo nice outside! I did get several good ideas on how to dispose of them though. My granddaughter and son in law want to look at them before I do anything drastic, She is still a bit young and her daddy is hoping I will wait a bit until she grows an interest in coins. Every time they are here he will go get a coin and they will look up the history together. I guess you can see where my coins will be going.....
Lol. That's a great idea methinks. I had my books as a kid. And grandad got me started.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #23

It is possible the coins you sifted out might contain that single dime, the one with the slight misprint that you really don't want to know what you lost. Often it's not what you think has value it's the ones that you don't think have value that do. Get with an avid coin collector, they will know.