Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #155

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Go VOLS!
Stajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #156

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Sam, I'm so depressed

These Huskers just can't seal the deal. I can't believe it, but when I look at the remaining sked it looks like a 5-7 final record. Aaarrrrggggghhhh! I guess we'll see now if Riley can really coach or not.

Good job to the Hawkeyes, Clemson and Florida.
Jeff, I was thinking back to your post today and looked at the schedule again. I wondered what sort of turmoil would exist in Husker Nation if we were 2-10 or 3-9 this year?
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #157

Sam, hopefully the Huskers' fortunes change 180* in the second-half season starting tomorrow at Minnesota and we make something like the Independence Bowl. This coaching staff and players would benefit from those extra bowl practices.

Did you notice your Rebels are on ESPN2 tonite against Fresno St?

Lots of great games tomorrow: Bama/ aTm; LSU/Florida; Mich/MichSt; Iowa/Northwestern.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #158

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sam, hopefully the Huskers fortunes change 180* in the second half season and we make something like the Independence Bowl. This coaching staff and players would benefit from those extra bowl practices.

Did you notice your Rebels are on ESPN2 tonite against Fresno St?

Lots of great games this tomorrow: Bama/ aTm; LSU/Florida; Mich/MichSt.
When I was thinking about the possibility of 2-10, I thought... that is unthinkable.

Yep, Rebels tonight but as I wish them well I'm not much of a follower. The games tomorrow will be good!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #159

Wow welcome to the club Wolverines. You followed the Husker style of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on the last play of the game. And I must say you came up with a much more creative way than the Huskers have been doing it.

The Huskers closed the deal today, and continue to be undefeated (until the last 15 seconds of their games).
Old 10-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #160

Newmar Owners Club
LSU Fightin' Tigers...and yes, we just beat the Fla. Gators.....again!!!
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Wow welcome to the club Wolverines. You followed the Husker style of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on the last play of the game. And I must say you came up with a much more creative way than the Huskers have been doing it.

The Huskers closed the deal today, and continue to be undefeated (until the last 15 seconds of their games).
The Huskers played well. I jumped over to the game in the big house and was under the assumption that all that M needed to do was take a knee. Where was the game clock at the start of that last play?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #162

I think there was 10 seconds left, clock was stopped and wouldn't start until Michigan snapped the ball. Too much time left for them to just run around and wait for the clock to expire. A turnover on downs there would have left time for MSU to try a long fg for the win. It was certainly a worst-case scenario that played out for Michigan, unfortunately I know the feeling this season watching Nebraska play.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #163

you coming to Tuscaloosa for the game?
tuscaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #164

Ouch, another painful loss for the Huskers. It was a 2 point loss to Northwestern, but at least it wasn't in the last 15 seconds again. Congrats to the Wildcats, who did what the Huskers have not been able to do this season: Run the ball in the last few minutes to burn clock and pick up one or two first downs to seal the win. Now a bowl is looking very iffy.

Congrats to Bama for the close win, I have a Vol friend who is not happy after that game. There are still a lot of teams worthy of the playoffs, unfortunately not my Huskers, they were eliminated from contention in week one.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Extremely tough season for us dedicated Husker fans.

When I was a young kid the games were on the PA system in grocery stores and on the radio at the gas station. Being hooked early as a fan since the '60's makes it tougher.

Hard to take a coach getting fired because he and the AD didn't see eye to eye. The AD may have traded 9-3 for 3-9.

I support the nice guy coach but he needs to win games.

Clemson is #1 in the playoff rankings in this first week of the committee poll.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #166

Yes, this is a record-setting Husker team. This is the first Nebraska football team to lose 6 games before November ever. I'm talking about since 1890, when they were the Bugeaters! This coaching transition certainly has not gone as well as expected.

The final 5 weeks of the regular season should be very interesting as the contenders compete for the final 4.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #167

I am so confused. I was born in OHIO and don't support the Bucks. My wife and daughter went to ASU, Go Devils! My son went to U of A, Bear Down! I am a huge BAMA fan, ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #168

Monaco Owners Club
The REAL national championship game will be this weekend in Tuscaloser

We happened to stay in Tuscaloosa the weekend of the 16th while going to the Biltmore and the campground guys said we would not have got a site within 100 miles if they were playing in town...
in fact the park we were in had full time rv's there and no rv'ers -
they just rent the spot all season for the games only

unfortunately the bias against the SEC WILL keep out a good team or two...