Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #211

Bad as I hate Bama, a matchup with Michigan State or repeat with Oklahoma might be good.
AUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
That being said, it will help Alabama climb in the polls
I think we're better off being #2 going into it (assuming we beat Florida). Being #1 makes you a target, being #2 makes you hungry.

Roll Tide!!

that said, I also think that the Tar Heels are going to win against a team that is tired from last week.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #213

There will sure be some good games this weekend. This year the B1G is in the situation that the SEC has enjoyed in recent years, having multiple teams good enough to be in the final four with Mich State (11-1), Ohio State (11-1) and Iowa (12-0). (ouch, that last one hurts me to type it).

Next year the B1G starts playing 9 conference games, following the example of their Rose Bowl partners in the Pac12. Come on SEC, get with this program. You really think fans like seeing those late season matchups with cupcakes instead of another conference game? Also, I kind of dislike that Oklahoma gets to set idle this weekend while the other conference champs have to play another tough game just to get into the final four. Ya, I know the system isn't perfect, but it is better than it was. It just needs a couple more tweaks.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #214

Monaco Owners Club
Eight teams and it's MUCH better than the four...
Old 12-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
There will sure be some good games this weekend. This year the B1G is in the situation that the SEC has enjoyed in recent years, having multiple teams good enough to be in the final four with Mich State (11-1), Ohio State (11-1) and Iowa (12-0). (ouch, that last one hurts me to type it).

Next year the B1G starts playing 9 conference games, following the example of their Rose Bowl partners in the Pac12. Come on SEC, get with this program. You really think fans like seeing those late season matchups with cupcakes instead of another conference game? Also, I kind of dislike that Oklahoma gets to set idle this weekend while the other conference champs have to play another tough game just to get into the final four. Ya, I know the system isn't perfect, but it is better than it was. It just needs a couple more tweaks.
Whoooooa there partner....The SEC boys started the season playing ranked teams. Take a look at the strength of schedule(s). Ohio State waited until their last 2 games...and we know how that turned out. I think non conference games between the big, acc, and pac12 would even the playing field earlier in the season. Imagine an early season game between Iowa and Bama. I think you need a weekend in the desert, just make sure you can get TV reception!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #216

Everybody watch out for the Boomer Sooners playing really well
REB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #217

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB16 View Post
Everybody watch out for the Boomer Sooners playing really well
This life long Huskers fan thinks OK is the best team right now. They already won their conference and it doesn't matter that they lost a game or that they won't play this week.

Fans of others in the top 1-10 will beg to differ.

JMHO

sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 AM   #218

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
This life long Huskers fan thinks OK is the best team right now. They already won their conference and it doesn't matter that they lost a game or that they won't play this week.
Wow, coming from a husker fan too !!!!
Here is my question to all you CFB fans... I have stated this at work too btw, If IOWA wins and is 13-0 Big10 champs how do they not go to #2 assuming Clemson also wins and is 13-0???? That begs the question is ALA win over a hapless Florida team in their SEC championship game better than OU's win in the BIG12 championship game??
That move would put ALA vs CLEM in the orange and IOWA vs OU in the Cotton. Best geographic set up for all 4 schools.

Last the only way to fix this is 8 super conferences re-aligned geographically with 8 Conference championship games and those 8 champs play in a 8 team playoff. No committee, no polls, no computers. If you are a conference champ your in. That set up only adds ONE GAME to the final two teams than played now. Can you imagine the out of conference games?? they would be fantastic because win or lose they don't matter in the overall scheme. But we could see OU vs ALA, or OSU vs USC, there would be some great in season games to be had for the fans.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #219

Monaco Owners Club
Yippee!!!!!!

Watching my Lions give a game away reminded me of the Meechigan loss to State.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
Wow, coming from a husker fan too !!!!
Here is my question to all you CFB fans... I have stated this at work too btw, If IOWA wins and is 13-0 Big10 champs how do they not go to #2 assuming Clemson also wins and is 13-0???? That begs the question is ALA win over a hapless Florida team in their SEC championship game better than OU's win in the BIG12 championship game??
That move would put ALA vs CLEM in the orange and IOWA vs OU in the Cotton. Best geographic set up for all 4 schools.

Last the only way to fix this is 8 super conferences re-aligned geographically with 8 Conference championship games and those 8 champs play in a 8 team playoff. No committee, no polls, no computers. If you are a conference champ your in. That set up only adds ONE GAME to the final two teams than played now. Can you imagine the out of conference games?? they would be fantastic because win or lose they don't matter in the overall scheme. But we could see OU vs ALA, or OSU vs USC, there would be some great in season games to be had for the fans.
I think the issue you bring up about Iowa is interesting if the rankings were based on just the games tomorrow and divisional championships. the rankings for CFP are somewhat cumulative. It might be better for Iowa to stay where they are as long as they are in. I think strength of schedule is as important, it might have had a part in sending Ohio St home early. ND might have to play someone and join a conference. Your 8 game playoff idea is probably where we are headed, it too will have flaws. Roll Tide!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #221

I hope it stays 4. That way ALL of your games matter, not just the conference games.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #222

Not playing our best but we're 13-0 and have beat 3 top 10 teams ,nobody has the resume Clemson has, on to the playoffs and see what happens.On a more serious note God bless the USA
Lkmurrytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #223

Clemson has played and beaten 3 Top 20 teams, to be exact (16, 10, 6), compared to 7 top 20 teams by Alabama. (20, 18, 17, 15, 9, 8, 2)
Old 12-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #224

I am a' BIG' Bama fan, but I think Coker is their weakest link....flame on.....
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote