Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #239

They have losses for having played other SEC teams, lol. Using the term, "over-hyped", is problematic because the odds-makers do it every year based on probability theory.

As good as Clemson is, it's a reminder of Boise State's schedule. Modest schedule makes for lots of wins through the season. Good news is that their roster seems to be 100% healthy as a result...so that may help them.

I continue to dis-agree with your premise that counting ranked teams played from end-of-season ranking is proper, since winning teams, by definition, are reducing the rankings of those that they beat.

bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #240

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Com'on man

COME ON PEOPLE SAM60 set us up a fun pickem lets get some more of you posters in the game

The iRV2 College Bowl Game Pick em

I know most of you get the email notices on this forum. we have 5 I want to see 50 !!!

Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #241

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Helmets.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Navy Helmets.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	113994
Today's Army-Navy game was a good one.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #242

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
navy's helmets were pretty darn cool
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Old 12-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Listen 'Bama fans, I'm not saying Alabama isn't a great team, or the SEC isn't a great conference. They are. But to claim earlier season top 10 wins over LSU, aTm and Georgia when they were over-hyped as top 10 quality teams is incorrect. They all have 3 or 4 losses and will not FINISH as top 10 teams. That's just a symptom of the SEC getting too much credit for past performances and getting alot of highly ranked teams in the early season polls.
This. There is Alabama, and then there is the rest of the average at best SEC.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #244
doc

Appalachian Campers
Well we did not hit on much this season and got rid of a pretty decent coach. SC didn't and Florida as well. But I will say to you Bama fans (my second favorite team in the SEC) like my old pappy used to say to me when I got a little proud of myself, "Son, the sun don't shine on the same dog's butt all the time". He was right.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #245

Looking forward to bowl season starting on Saturday........

I've actually become a big fan of the 3rd tier bowl games. For many of the players, it is the only national exposure they get each year, and they play their hearts out for thier families and friends at home that get to watch them on tv. Yes, some of the team records may be dismal, but the effort of the individuals is often better than the big games. I wish I lived near one of these bowl games, I would be one of the 500 fans in the stands.

I find many of the 2nd tier games is where teams and efforts fall flat. Egos may have taken a hit by not getting into the big bowls, players are over confident, and and individual effort may be lacking, but that often creates some big upsets.

As for the big games, well, at least we now have a playoff. But, it is time the FBS schools play only FBS schools. The major conferences now have enough schools, there really is no reason to even play outside thier conferences. If every team had to play a competitive team each and every week, there would be a lot less no loss / 1 loss teams each year.

If it is about money to he small schools, have the FBS schools put money in a pot, and divvy it up to other small conferences.

I have a theory that many Heisman winners fall flat on thier face in the pros because they have never had to practice or play 100% week in and week out from the time they started playing in Jr. High. They were always on dominant teams that had half of thier games against completely inferior opponents that required little practice or effort on their part to win. And then it just carries over to college, where the major teams only have to really prepare and play at thier best for 3 or 4 games a year.......

In any case, enjoy the bowl games!
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #246

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
COME ON PEOPLE SAM60 set us up a funpickem lets get some more of you posters in the game

I know most of you get the email notices on this forum. we have 5 I want to see 50 !!!
Hey Dennis, Did I forget to mention the $1 Million if you pick all of them correctly?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #247

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Hey Dennis, Did I forget to mention the $1 Million if you pick all of them correctly?
Really?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5135[1].JPG
Views:	16
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	114256  
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #248

So`the bowl season starts tomorrow. The last couple years I have taken my rig and toys to Glamis right after Christmas, so I missed most of the bowl games. This year I am planning on some quality couch time and viewing a lot of them. I need to keep on eye on my game picks and million dollar venture.

----Topic Change Alert!!!------
Sam, did you catch the Husker volleyballers vs. Kansas last night in the national semifinals? Now they are matched against those dang Longhorns for the natty on Saturday night (ESPN2). GBR!!!

Here's a weird stat: Kansas is now 0-87-1 all-time against the Huskers in volleyball. Talk about banging your head on a brick wall!
Old 12-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #249

Fleetwood Owners Club
JeffAZ, I didn't miss the Husker volleyballers last night. Way past my bedtime when it was over too. Kansas could be something to deal with in the future and obviously Texas as well. Nebraska is loosing two of their starting seniors but everyone else is back. Also have a hot shot player that had to set out this year because of transfer rules. Should be a good match with Texas tomorrow evening. Go HUSKERS!
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #250

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I did not see the WVB game but read about it this morning.

Off topic, bought a roll of duct tape online a few weeks ago. I also bought one for a UCLA fan friend and sent it to him prior to the bowl selections...go figure!

Name:	photo (15).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	114464

His is the UCLA version.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #251

I just bought 2 tickets to the national championship. If Bama is not there I will sell them, well for the right price, I will watch the game at the bootlegger in San Diego.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I just bought 2 tickets to the national championship. If Bama is not there I will sell them, well for the right price, I will watch the game at the bootlegger in San Diego.
PM sent

bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote