Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #309

Did you all see "it"? It was incredible - Saben actually cracked a smile (instead of his constant sour scowl). His face is going to hurt for a week.............

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #310

Just sayin the obvious, Clemson had a coverage problem!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
mbridinger, looks like in photo 3 there must have been some very inconsiderate fans. Quite a mess for sure but I suppose they came back and cleaned it up?
Ken, I think that is the entrance to the secure area of the stadium where you have to chug and drop your beverage before you may enter. The stadium should have placed some trash receptacles there.

Thanks for the pics mbridinger. I bet you had a good time, and Clemson might have had you sweating for a little bit at least. But that makes the victory sweeter. Congrats to Bama, I loved the on-side kick.

Here's to next season when I hope the Huskers are vastly improved, and I'll be closely watching the Central Florida Knights and their new coach with an eye toward the future! (You Husker fans know what I'm talking about.)
Old 01-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #312

Cool

Quote:
mbridinger, looks like in photo 3 there must have been some very inconsiderate fans. Quite a mess for sure but I suppose they came back and cleaned it up?
There was some drinkin' going on by the fans. This cement thing was just in the middle of the walkway.No one came back to clean it up. There were many tickets available at game time for around $100. I will do that next time as I paid much more. The Clemson fans were very respectful and yes, I was very nervous in the 3rd quarter. I attended a game in Tuscaloosa a few years ago and there was no comparison. This was great!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #313

I have a friend who works security at the stadium. She says that when the bowl game is late in the day, there are sometimes drunk fans that try to enter the stadium with their pant legs full of stacks of beer cans.

PARTY ON!!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #314

Quote:
That was the Clemson table, of course. Bama tables are always neat and the empty bourbon bottles are neatly arranged by name.

bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #315

Fleetwood Owners Club
bamaboy473, good one! Jeff, thanks for the input; I'll bet there are even some Husker fans that get a little (or a lot) carried away. Also yes Jeff it will be interesting to see how Scott does. I for one will be watching. Great football season! Great championship game too.

PS: My wife works with lady that is an avid Bama fan; geez I think she may even be worse than us Cornhuskers.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #316
John & Linda Robinson

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
We got lucky. Clemson is without a doubt the toughest team we've played, and watch out for next year. Tigers played a great game.
Short memory, I think Ole Miss was tougher🤕
boater1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater1217 View Post
Short memory, I think Ole Miss was tougher🤕
I disagree by a lot. We made a ton of mistakes in that game, and our QBs (both of them) weren't playing at the same level as what Coker has become.

Ole Miss is a good team, no doubt, but Clemson/Wilson are like Auburn/Newton and A&M/Manziel, et al. Their defense was spectacular, too, rushing Coker all the time.
bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #318

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1452776831.904273.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	116504

Post game interview.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #319

Yes dbeck, OSU certainly had the talent to compete with Bama, but for some reason they never really played up to their potential until late in the season. The home loss to MSU, which was hampered on offense, cost OSU dearly. They had a ton of talent returning from the national title team, but it seems the riches at qb caused a problem. I was surprised a strong, veteran coach like Urban would let that happen. I'm sure a few Buckeyes consider the 12-1 season to be a failure because they didn't make the playoffs and defend the title. That just illustrates how hard it is to repeat national championships.

I though OSU had a resume comparable to Oklahoma, but IMHO the selection committee politically couldn't exclude a Big XII team again. Time for a 6 team playoff, people!

It will be interesting to see how OSU is next season, because they lose a lot of talent declaring for the draft early. My Huskers visit Columbus Nov. 5, hopefully vastly improved from last season's record-setting team!

So who will be pre-season #1? I believe Clemson is young and returns a lot of talent. I'm not sure about Bama, I know they lose qb and rb, but they have a lot of depth and will reload. I also look for Stanford to be in the hunt. Only 8 1/2 months until kickoff
Old 01-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Yes dbeck, OSU certainly had the talent to compete with Bama, but for some reason they never really played up to their potential until late in the season. The home loss to MSU, which was hampered on offense, cost OSU dearly. They had a ton of talent returning from the national title team, but it seems the riches at qb caused a problem. I was surprised a strong, veteran coach like Urban would let that happen. I'm sure a few Buckeyes consider the 12-1 season to be a failure because they didn't make the playoffs and defend the title. That just illustrates how hard it is to repeat national championships.

I though OSU had a resume comparable to Oklahoma, but IMHO the selection committee politically couldn't exclude a Big XII team again. Time for a 6 team playoff, people!

It will be interesting to see how OSU is next season, because they lose a lot of talent declaring for the draft early. My Huskers visit Columbus Nov. 5, hopefully vastly improved from last season's record-setting team!

So who will be pre-season #1? I believe Clemson is young and returns a lot of talent. I'm not sure about Bama, I know they lose qb and rb, but they have a lot of depth and will reload. I also look for Stanford to be in the hunt. Only 8 1/2 months until kickoff
Sports Illustrated has my Noles #1. That should be the kiss of death...
Old 01-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #321

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Sports Illustrated has my Noles #1. That should be the kiss of death...
Fear Sports Illustrated and Wheaties! Best of luck to the Noles in '16. Hoping my team does better as well.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #322

Tiffin Owners Club
[QUOTE=JeffAZ;2903855]Yes dbeck, OSU certainly had the talent to compete with Bama, but for some reason they never really played up to their potential until late in the season. The home loss to MSU, which was hampered on offense, cost OSU dearly. They had a ton of talent returning from the national title team, but it seems the riches at qb caused a problem. I was surprised a strong, veteran coach like Urban would let that happen. I'm sure a few Buckeyes consider the 12-1 season to be a failure because they didn't make the playoffs and defend the title. That just illustrates how hard it is to repeat national championships.

So who will be pre-season #1? I believe Clemson is young and returns a lot of talent. I'm not sure about Bama, I know they lose qb and rb, but they have a lot of depth and will reload. I also look for Stanford to be in the hunt. Only 8 1/2 months until kickoff [/Q\

Saban has won the recruiting wars for sometime now.
The big hole for the Tide to fill will be the defensive coordinators spot since Kirby Smart's gone to Ga.