Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #1

College Football - Tailgater's

College Football is fast approaching and in our world that is a really good thing! Season ticket renewals are in, RV spots reserved and the countdown has begun....

We annually attend all home games and usually take in a couple of away games as well. This year we are planning to hit the LSU game as well as attend the largest cocktail party in the country, the Fl/GA game.

With that said, how many other SEC football fans we have out there that plan to attend some games? Anyone coming to Florida from out of town? Anyone in LSU or FL/GA that tailgates with the RV?

If so, perhaps a few of us can get together at a game now and then for some NCAA tailgating rivalries.

So anyone have plans this year?

GO GATORS!!!
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #2

Our son takes our RV to all the South Carolina Gamecock home football games he has a spot with 50 amp service
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Mississippi State tailgater here. Attached is a picture of our tailgating bar constructed from a 1990 Palomino pop up camper, it has a 50" TV, it's own satellite dish, an a Honda 2000 generator so it can be set up anywhere. We try to do one away game per year, my goal is to see a game in every SEC stadium before I die. RV tailgating has really diminished at State, originally all the RV's were in one lot but about five years ago some bean counter decided they could make more money parking cars in that one big lot so we were distributed to three smaller lots further out from the stadium. Plus the introduction of the companies who set up tailgate tents and TV's have really made it easy to just show up and everything is already there. Friday nights are always the best times in my opinion when it's just the RV ers . Isn't it amazing how many friends you make tailgating when you have a bathroom?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1055957860.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	94511   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3233265819.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	94512  

Old 05-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #4

That bar is awesome!!! What a great idea.. Im with you on hitting all the SEC stadiums. I still have a few to go myself.

Last year at the FL/GA game a nice class A pulls up in the spot next to our with PA plates??? We say, these guys must be lost. Of course conversation ensues and they where from Phily and drove all night to come to the game. Said football by them sucks and they are just fans of SEC football and come down for a game whenever they have a chance. Now thats pretty serious right there!!

Looking forward to the season, maybe one day we will meet up.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #5

I have tailgated in Jacksonville a couple of times at the Gator Bowl but imagine the cocktail party would be much better. I don't know when Fla comes back up on our schedule, Ky is our permanent and we get Mo for the next two years. I had originally intended to go to Columbia for that one but it was moved to Thursday night so that put the brakes on it. We play Southern Miss in Hattiesburg this year so that may be my away game this year.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
College Football - Tailgater's

I rarely take the MH to the Gator games as I live in TN. I do go to all games and set up tents and have a TV and satellite I power with a generator.

This year i am stepping up my tailgating game. Just picked up a cargo trailer I had custom built for tailgating. Had a concession window installed with a shadow box in the opening to hang the TV, stereo, and speakers. It's air conditioned and will have a porta potti and futon in it.

We tailgate just South of the Reitz student union right after the big parking lot. This will be our 43rd year sitting in the same seats. Will be taking the MH to Kentucky and Missouri games.

Go Gators!
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's the trailer I had built.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431895851.559308.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	94525
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Looks like fun, all.

We haven't been to any games and were both born & raised in Nebraska so we follow the games on TV. We need to get out more.

Go Big Red!
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostable View Post
College Football is fast approaching and in our world that is a really good thing! Season ticket renewals are in, RV spots reserved and the countdown has begun....

We annually attend all home games and usually take in a couple of away games as well. This year we are planning to hit the LSU game as well as attend the largest cocktail party in the country, the Fl/GA game.

With that said, how many other SEC football fans we have out there that plan to attend some games? Anyone coming to Florida from out of town? Anyone in LSU or FL/GA that tailgates with the RV?

If so, perhaps a few of us can get together at a game now and then for some NCAA tailgating rivalries.

So anyone have plans this year?

GO GATORS!!!
Come on over to Tiger Stadium !!! If yall make it to Baton Rouge for the game we are in RV lot 407 for all of the home games. That is usually where most of the away RV's park. Unless you are a high roller and pay to be closer to the stadium. ha ha.. They open the lot at 6:30 am on Friday before the games and we start staging around 4:30 am to get our spot in line and we have to be out by noon on Sunday.

Like most SEC schools.. we take this stuff seriously The price of alligator meat always goes up before the game because we cook it every way imaginable and it gets hard to come by. Come hungry !!!!!
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Come on over to Tiger Stadium !!! If yall make it to Baton Rouge for the game we are in RV lot 407 for all of the home games. That is usually where most of the away RV's park. Unless you are a high roller and pay to be closer to the stadium. ha ha.. They open the lot at 6:30 am on Friday before the games and we start staging around 4:30 am to get our spot in line and we have to be out by noon on Sunday.

Like most SEC schools.. we take this stuff seriously The price of alligator meat always goes up before the game because we cook it every way imaginable and it gets hard to come by. Come hungry !!!!!
Billy,

We will definitly be visiting Tiger Stadium this year, we have already put in for our tickets. We will be heading out on Tuesday/Wednesday, stoping over in LA (lower alabama) to play some golf and then heading that way...

I don't have all the details just yet, as a buddy of mine is setting it all up. He does LSU I do Fl/GA.

I will get all the details ironed out and let you know but will definitly make an attempt to look you guys up once we get there.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
How many days until NCAA/College Football 2015/16 Season?

sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #12

LOL, love it!!