Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
So, last season I found some nice folding lawn chairs at Walmart, wide, cushioned, nice! Not too expensive! I bought two, and although I cannot believe that I did this, they DON'T MATCH THE EXTERIOR OF THE COACH!!! (I must have been having a brain f@^t... they match the old coach...). Anywhooo, I really like the chairs, but a.) they don't match and b.) we need to have 4. These are for sitting outside, I don't want the fold into a bag ones (we have those for extras), want cushioned, wide, comfy, folding lawn chairs, preferably in black, grey, or red, or a combination of the three.

I have been searching online and in Lowes, HD, Walmart, Target (yes, I know it's winter...) and cannot find anything. Anyone have any good ideas or sources?

Thanks in advance,

Little Miss Gotta Match the Coach,

Brenda, of...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
So, last season I found some nice folding lawn chairs at Walmart, wide, cushioned, nice! Not too expensive! I bought two, and although I cannot believe that I did this, they DON'T MATCH THE EXTERIOR OF THE COACH!!! (I must have been having a brain f@^t... they match the old coach...). Anywhooo, I really like the chairs, but a.) they don't match and b.) we need to have 4. These are for sitting outside, I don't want the fold into a bag ones (we have those for extras), want cushioned, wide, comfy, folding lawn chairs, preferably in black, grey, or red, or a combination of the three.

I have been searching online and in Lowes, HD, Walmart, Target (yes, I know it's winter...) and cannot find anything. Anyone have any good ideas or sources?

Thanks in advance,

Little Miss Gotta Match the Coach,

Brenda, of...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Brenda,
I understand the matching issue, but Rick doesn't. We got one at Cabela's and it reclines, putting you in a position to view the tree tops and clouds. And to take a nap. Not sure if you're wanting something that big, but you can check out their website. Cabelas

I don't think they are pretty, but they are comfy.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Mic! I'll check it out... I'm even considering making covers for the ones I've got, but that doesn't solve the problem of needing 2 more... sigh...

Brenda, of...
Old 01-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Cheri and I found some nice ones at Sports Chalet real loungers and they are black so no matter the color they will fit in. If you ever get out to the Mesa area, try the swap meet off of the 60 and Signal Butte.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oddly, we found some at Camping World in Denton, TX. They are aircraft aluminum and much lighter than the steel ones we have. Very easy to store. I think they came in multiple colors.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Oh, thanks, all! I haven't been down to that swap meet in a long time, but they have lots of good stuff there, always fun to go to. I may also make a trip to CW... again, thanks for the ideas!

Brenda, of...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #8

I'm a late comer to this conversation, but I also have been looking for some really good folding chairs. I saw the ones I wanted at an RV store in Hillsboro, OR but wouldn't buy them due to their cost- $69.95 each for, what looked like simple folding chairs. It was French brand (I can now buy from France since Sarkozy was elected!) Later I was told these were truly the very best chairs out there and worth the money. Now I can't remember the name or manufacturer - and I'm 3000 miles from Oregon! (SKP Bushnell, FL.) If anyone knows the brand I'm talking about please let me know. I'd even order them on line if I knew the name!
OpaRon
2005Dutch Star 4009
20024Runer Toad

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #9

I was able to pick up some nice zero gravity reclining chairs at Bass Pro Shops...I'm sure they have a website...Happy Camping!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
hmmmmm, I hope someone comes up with the name of those chairs (or company name), OpaRon!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #11

Being a "bear of little brain" I finally googled "french lawn chair" and came up with Lafuma. That's the brand, and I also found several dealers and internet ordering sites. There is a whole line up of chairs and the one I'm looking for wasn't there. :>( It has flat (vs round) tubing, is very stable and folds up very flat for storage. I'm still looking. Maybe I'll find it at the Super Show in Tampa.

OpaRon

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might want to try RVupgrades.com , one of the forum sponsors.

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote