Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #1

concrete sealer ?

Does anyone have a recommendation / experience on sealing a new concrete slab for a garage ? It was just poured yesterday. Thanks.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been very happy using a product called Kure-N-Seal 30 on my aggregate walks and driveway.

Originally from a company Soneborn, now I think from BASF.

Any local concrete supply company like A H Harris would have it.

Untreated concrete will really soak it up at first, but later treatment don't use as much. I paid $90 for each 5 gallon pail. Worth every $.

jack
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #3

Thanks Jack, I'll check into it . Darel
Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
When I had my garage built the contractor used sealer that was thin as water. He just poured it out and spread it with a squeege. I though it wouldn't work but 15 years later I still just hose it off a couple times a year and it looks good as new except for one spot where a break line leaked. Break fluid must be nasty stuff because that is the only thing that has ever eaten thru the sealer. I wish I knew what the stuff was but just wanted to relate this to you just in case you get something that seems really thin and you don't think it would work.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlance View Post
When I had my garage built the contractor used sealer that was thin as water. He just poured it out and spread it with a squeege. I though it wouldn't work but 15 years later I still just hose it off a couple times a year and it looks good as new except for one spot where a break line leaked. Break fluid must be nasty stuff because that is the only thing that has ever eaten thru the sealer. I wish I knew what the stuff was but just wanted to relate this to you just in case you get something that seems really thin and you don't think it would work.
Thankyou very much !! I just don't want to use some cheap stuff and end up with a mess.... Guess I'll call the concrete guy back tomorrow and ask him too. I appreciate all the info !!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #6

Our concrete contractor at work uses Aquapel.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #7

Check out Sealent Depot online, give then guys a call, determine your objective, give the floor time to cure, and seal away, I nice acid stain prior to sealing might be nice.....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Concrete Sealer Sealers, Stone Cleaner Sealant, Sealing Products Manufacturer is what i've used.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #9

I sealed my RV garage concrete floor. I bought what the concrete finisher recommended. I rolled it on in a thick layer per directions. Only after spilling gas on the floor, did I discover many petroleum products will remove this particular brand of concrete sealer.
Speaking from experience, read all the information about a sealer before you make a purchase.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote