Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #15

Dave, ditto's to your post. I too have over 40 years in the patch. Most of my time in West Africa.

I see no improvement in the near future as up to 70% of americans think it is big oil greedy ways tha is the cause. I will not go back as management is now lawyers and accountants.

Would like to meet up and talk about the days when oil patch was the "patch".

We have been RV'ing for three years and have ordered a 09 43 Allegro Bus. We plan to spend the next couple of years travleing, just less miles due to price of diesel.

Safe travels

Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #16

I wonder how much, if any, the price of fuel in our country would be if we quit selling our Alaska oil to the Pacific Rim countries which we have been doing since the early 90s? When the price of oil dropped in the early 90s, Alaska asked for and received permission to sell their oil overseas. They are still doing this according to my representative, Dick Shamekus. Just food for thought.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #17

Tom
Congratulations on your new toy. Looked real hard at a 40'Bus last year but just couldn't make the deal at Kite Bros. Decided to keep the Windsor.
Agree on the management in the Patch, nothing but lawyers and bean counters anymore. Lack of Due Dilligance by company lawyers prompted me to retire. Had to do with a merger and assuming a whole boatload of asbestos liabilities. Wasn't even being pursued till Big Red and their Deeep pockets came into the picture then it was like hogs at the trough.
I was raised in the oilfield, my Dad who spent 46yrs with Texaco came to So. Louisiana in the 30s from the East Texas boom around Kilgore. You know "Iron Men and Wooden Derricks". I had the opportunity to work around some steam rigs even up into the 70s. Texaco and J.W. Mecom had a few inland barge rigs left working out of Lafitte and Port Sulphur.
Been thru a few booms and more than a few downturns, worst being 86,88 and 92 when oil went down to $8. Got pretty lean but the rest of the country could give a rat's a__ about us having to lay off 1/2, yes I said 50% of our core workforce. Of course these were non union jobs so of no consequence to the media.
Dave
Old 05-27-2008, 04:26 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congress and the Lobbyist created this and now they are blaming everybody else and enviormentalist motto save a bird and destroy a country!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #19

Dave, my Dad came down in 30's working for Sid Richardson.....Went thru the 80 bust and the company took retirement funds, retirement--I was young enough to start over but then hit the 92 slump....toook 7 years off from oilfield, but went back in 98 for 7 more years---have hung it up and do not miss it----

Really worried about our country with people Mary Landrau and her likes telling us how live our life....DW and I bought a small piece of land in Mexico 1/4 mile off coast in western mexico--if the left takes over all three houses we are moving----The area around Matzillan is very safe and you can cross back the border with ease...

Have a friend that bought one of those $140,000 25x80 foot RV lots in the quarter and he has let us use once. Had a great time, but one of ourfriends was robbed walking home late....DW won't go back---it is really sad when you think Mexico is safer than New Orleans.

Are you traveling this summer?

Tom
Old 05-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #20
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LVJ58:
Bob, I don't know why they're so paranoid at that other place and rush to remove important topics posted for folks to review, evaluate, then form their own conclusions.

I sure hope this one doesn't follow suit, as it would appear the information provided by the video could very well be credible.

It reveals how our nations destiny could possibly be manipulated by a select powerful group of players.

It more or less confirms what I've always suspected.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what "other place" you're speaking of and it really doesn't matter....

Here at iRV2 we usually do not allow discussions which are "political" in nature as they ultimately erupt in a flaming "he said....she said" type of war.
As this seems pretty civilized so far I'll allow it to continue with the caveat that should it slide toward a flaming scenario it'll undoubtedly be closed.

Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #21

Sorry Rebelsbeach, I'll try to keep this on a civil plane, but if it shuts down the thread, so be it.
If you just get your news from PMSNBC, CBS, CNN, ABC, NYT, etc. you probably haven't heard the statement by the ???Esteemed Congresswoman from the Left Coast when she said to the Oil Execs. "This Liberal's goal is to Socialize, er, er, er, ---------, uh, uh, a total government take over of the oil industry". Would that be as in "nationalize". 1st question to come to my mind is what about the shareholder/You and I in whatever company we are invested in and who depend on the company making a profit and paying, heaven forbid, Dividends.

"The Government way: If it aint broke fix it till it is".
Dave
Old 05-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #22

Dave, you taking any trips in June? We are supposed to take delivery of our new bus end of June and off with no plans of coming back anytime soon.

Might talk Ms Barb inot a quick trip to Sengette?

Let me know

Tom
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #23

Tom
Pickin a little bit here. Appreciate the invite and not turning it down. But if you're in Nawth Bama in late June and have no agenda for the forseeable future why would you come back to the Humid Gulf Coast unless you just want to check out the efficiency of you AC system in your new ride. Can't you find a better place to do it though like Destin or Panama City.
Send a PM
Dave
Old 05-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #24

Our elected officials have not done anything effective to secure our country from the treat of oil strangulation from foreign governments. We learned a valuable lesson with the Arab oil embargo of the 70's but Congress did nothing effective to insure it doesn't happen again.
We need more oil and gas exploration and we need it now. We need to have energy independence. There is plenty of oil out there and plenty of people willing to drill for it. The big obstacle is dumb regulations and party politics in Washington.
If your interested cheaper and plentiful energy then grab your phone, keyboard, or pen and make your voice heard in Washington. A short note will do the trick. "I want cheaper gas. Drill now, drill here in the USA and drill often. Please get out of the way so that we can have energy independence."

Alaska is a very big state. We didn't buy it from the Russians so we could have Caribou.

04 Dodge 2500 CTD LWB 4WD HO 6 Speed 3:73 24 5N Arctic Fox
Closed Thread