Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How many have noticed that as the cost of fuel went up, up, up, so did the cost of food. You think gas or diesel is bad, DW came home yesterday with one half gallon of organic orange juice --- $8.00. I don't know if I can drink $16.00 a gallon orange juice. Now, if I can just find that little bottle with my heart pills . . .

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How many have noticed that as the cost of fuel went up, up, up, so did the cost of food. You think gas or diesel is bad, DW came home yesterday with one half gallon of organic orange juice --- $8.00. I don't know if I can drink $16.00 a gallon orange juice. Now, if I can just find that little bottle with my heart pills . . .

Old 08-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hmmmmmm...at that price-I will go bsck to squeezing my own!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I got the truth out of her today. She paid $8.86 for the half gallon. I wonder if I pour a gallon of it in my tank it will run like 3 gallons of diesel? I've had sticker shock before, but this is - oh my!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #5

Don't know what Miss Sue pays for OJ but that's one of life's necessary evils. We love our OJ in the AM with breakfast, biscuit, sausage, etc. and a glass shared. Just makes our day.
Show me something that isn't affected by the price of oil. The anything that has corn, eats corn or anything to do with corn has gone thru the roof. Thanks Congress for your promotion of Ethanol.
Still gonna have my glass of OJ in the morning after my 2 cups of coffee. Might start riding my bike again bur gonna have those 2.
Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">one half gallon of organic orange juice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's the problem. She bought this at Everman's the major health food store here in Pensacola. Not particularly healthy for the wallet. Me, I prefer Florida Natural - Growers Style (most pulp). It's $3+ a half gallon.

There is an up-side to this. She is allergic to the preservatives in the regular juice (and other foods), but can drink the organic (no preservatives added) with no problem. That factored in, it's worth the cost. Still gave me sticker shock.

Just noticed a bottle of organic apple juice in the refrigerator -- I don't want to know.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Looks like yer in a pickle since your wife has allergies.

Normally I don't bother with Organic unless its "cheaper" than the regular stuff. Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate from Minute-Maid for me .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... in the GreenWise section of your local Publix Market. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Publix has bought Albertson's out. I believe they take over the first of September. I don't know how long it will take them to revamp the stores and get them back open, but it will be a major blessing when it happens. And the closest one will be just a little over a mile from the house.

DW has a hiatal hernia, acid reflux, fibromyalgia, and is on speaking terms with a couple of the ritous brother, Arthur & Osteo. Plus her allergies. If she can drink the orange juice or any of the other stuff, it's worth whatever we have to pay. I'd rather pay it on food than pills. I would not be surprised if the food supply is a cause of some of her problems. If a better food supply can make her life better, that's the route we're going to take. She's worth every nickel of the cost.

Still a shock though.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fibromyalgia is a common misdiagnosis of aspartame/phenolalanine poisoning. They call it a natural sweetner but it causes syptoms that can mimic Fibromyalgia, Graves disease and Lupis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Neil,

Thanks for the heads-up. She used to be a Diet Pepsi addict. She finally figured out that the aspartame in them was causing dizziness and loss of coordination. She's been off all aspartame products for over eight years now. The only sweetner she will use now is Splenda. It seems to be OK.

What seems to help her fibromyalgia the most is regular massages. I keep one massage table at the house and another goes with us in the coach. A good massage followed by 25 minutes in her tanning bed (light & heat treatment bed) will usually get rid any pain she may of at the time.

We have cut way back on our consumption of beef. Lord knows I love a good steak as much as the next in line, but it gotten to be anytime I eat one I produce enough gas to run the car for week. I believe it's all the hormones & stuff they feed the cattle to "heavy them up" to bring a higher price. It would not surprise me at all if they were to find out that some of these additives and preservatives are contributing cause to some forms of cancer.

Again, thanks for all the information. Any and all advice on information to help my lady better is most welcome.