Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #1

Cow tipping!

Watched the news this evening and a group of miscreants were seen tipping smart cars!! I guess they could not find any sleeping cows. I tried to get a link going to the news story but unsuccessful!!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #2

smart cars are a lot easier to tip than a cow
Karlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

Here are some

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_255124...rs-around-city

http://m.autoblog.com/2009/07/27/sma...g-fortwos-int/
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Here's an article on Smart Car tipping:
Heard of cow tipping? How about Smart car tipping? | Offbeat | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Cow tipping is a myth, perpetrated by braggarts after a night of drinking:

Cow tipping myth dispelled - Telegraph
Cow Tipping Never Was And Never Will Be a Thing People Actually Do | Smart News | Smithsonian

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Oh, what will these crazy 'pranksters' come up with next. But, as long as they are having some good clean fun, what's the harm? In one article, a person said "They're(smart cars) only objects". After a pittance of a deductible, it's only the insurance companies that suffer...but don't they have millions to take care of these little "PRANKS"?

I'm sure that after all is said and done, these owners will have a really good laugh and have a funny story to tell their family members.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #6

I was raised in NM where cows are wild animals and I'll give $100.00 to anyone who will grab a wild cow by the tail but he'd better call 911 beforehand. I've had a lot of them try to kill me.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #7

seems there is a never ending supply of people needing something that kinda sparks their "need" to do something. To bad often it's at some one else's expense-- but hey that doesn't matter to them at the moment-- we're just having a little fun!
I remember as a kid (that was a long time ago) I'd think what might be fun to do. I had heard it was neat to turn over someone's out house. I hear of college kids taking a perhaps, adversarial professor's vw high up on some steps not necessarily damaging it. Some how when I thought about the golden rule "to treat other as I'd like to be treated, or respected", I could never bring myself to be part of some sort of destructive fun- like car tipping -- some one pays for that in several ways I can think of 1. might be they have a medical emergency and come and find someone thought it was funny to tip their car. 2. cost either the person suffers the lost of their car, and also has to at least pay the insurance dedectable. That's real fun!!
I know it's a problem to resist going with the flow of perhaps a crismatic young leader, seems like there's always one and a person risks being criticized for being against having a little fun-- wisdom seems to be getting in short supply. Course maybe it's no worse than ever-- we just have better news coverage and hear of these things-- hope that's what it is.
Loren
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #8

Why don't they tip their own cars over and leave other peoples property Undamaged
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Oh, what will these crazy 'pranksters' come up with next. But, as long as they are having some good clean fun, what's the harm? In one article, a person said "They're(smart cars) only objects". After a pittance of a deductible, it's only the insurance companies that suffer...but don't they have millions to take care of these little "PRANKS"?

I'm sure that after all is said and done, these owners will have a really good laugh and have a funny story to tell their family members.
I guess I don't see the 'clean fun' in damaging a car by tipping it on it's side. Broken mirror, body damage, oil spilling out of the engine, isn't a prank. And if it costs an insurance company money, they won't suffer, they'll pass it on to the rest of us in the form of higher premiums. I differ with "a pittance of a deductible" today it's not unusual for $500-$1000 deductibles!
...The victim of this prank only parked their car, yet will now be without a car while it's repaired, paying in money, time and inconvenience.

When I was in college, we'd occasionally lift the front end and turn my roommate's VW around in it's parking spot, which caused no damage, except the time a cop tried to ticket him for parking on the wrong side of the street. We had to go to traffic court and 'fess up on that prank.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
That what I was thinking. Last time I checked, it is the consumer that gets to pay insurance premiums. As for the deductibles, anybody happy paying $500.00 or more so that some playful youth can have some fun at your expense? I might find some of the "amusement" factor if the perpetrators are made to pay fully for their bit o fun.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #11

Funny ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post

I think not. My smart car costs 16,000 dollars and really dont think its funny to do this kind of damage to someones property.. Laugh.....NOT.. Let someone tip over your car and see how funny that would be.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #12

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
That what I was thinking. Last time I checked, it is the consumer that gets to pay insurance premiums. As for the deductibles, anybody happy paying $500.00 or more so that some playful youth can have some fun at your expense? I don't think that I or most would ever find the "amusement" factor of having their vehicle wilfully damaged.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #13

If the 'kids' doing this crime are under 18, take their parents to court. Once Daddy gets hit with the bill, he'll make sure Junior stops that behavior.

Back in high school, we had a group of kids take the Coach's little Honda car (early 70's when the Honda was SMALL) and lifted it over the fence into the tennis court. The gate was only wide enough for a person to go through. The kids had a great laugh when Coach came out to leave.....
Their laughing ended when he simply got his team to lift the little car back out.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
True story, Some years ago one of the Detroit Sports team took the world's championship (Tigers as I recall but might have been the Red Wings). and the resulting celebration resembled a riot. I mean some folks even turned a police crusier on it's roof and set it aflame.

Some kid struck a victory pose in front of it while a friend snapped a picture.. It hit the nets seconds later.

Well, the shot was good enough to ID the idiot.

His defense: I did not turn the police car over, I just took advantage of the photo op.

What the judge said, Somewhat reworded was "If you want the Fame, then You get the BLAME. What he said that counts Guilty as charged.