Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CPR

http://tinyurl.com/2fx8r59

Here's a new method to administer CPR. Hope you never need to do it, but if you do , this method seems easier and more effective.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Clifftall that was interesting and much simpler. The red cross keeps changing their class but I really like this.

Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have bookmarked,, Took my first CPR class so long ago I can not recall. Have been re-certified many times.. Never had to do it hands on .... yet. Have had to help someone by phone though... Just one time.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
In my life I have done CPR one time and I saved the life of a two year old child named ''Charlie''. The true story is on my blog under they title ''Where's Charlie''..... Go read it at My Life as I remember it and other boaring stuff
I still think about that kid even though he is dead now. He died in a trailer fire some time later after God gave that baby back to me as I stood in a freezing creek and pumped life back in his tiny body.
Giving back life is the best feeling in the world and you never forget it.

God bless our troops and bring them home safe.....
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, that is great. I have had several first aid courses and cpr training. After a few months go by you start to wonder if you are going to do it the proper way if the need arises. As a logger working in the forests of B.C. I have seen some very badly injured workers and have helped attend to their injuries. I have never had to do CPR. This takes the doubt out of are you doing it right. Anyone can save a life.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #6

One of the mistakes they made in teaching CPR was all the formulas for how many compressions vs how many breaths...broken down by age group....ratios would drive you nuts.

The important thing is to keep the blood flowing through the body and to the brain. If you are willing to do mouth to mouth...even better.

Please go take a proper course and know how to do this and basic first aid. Especially since rv'ers are frequently on those long lonely stretches of highway where it can take first responders a long time to arrive. After you do this equip your rig with a good first aid kit. The life you save may be your own!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Learn Sarver Heart Center's Continuous Chest Compression CPR | College of Medicine

Here's a new method to administer CPR. Hope you never need to do it, but if you do , this method seems easier and more effective.
How can I post this on Facebook?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #8

Open the link. Copy the address. Go to fb. On your status update page you can paste that link.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2912N View Post
Open the link. Copy the address. Go to fb. On your status update page you can paste that link.
Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
In addition to CPR you should also take a class on AED use. 3 lives saved this year here in Deadhorse, AK population 4000 workers, no full time residents, just us oil field workers.

AEDs are everywhere these days, I carry one in the car and one in the RV and one in my truck here at work.

As an EMT I can promise you if you know nothing more than CPR, AED, how to stop bleeding and how to stabilize a neck/spine in that order of learning, you will be a star when the time comes. In application follow A airway, B breathing, C circulation and H hemorrhage (bleeding).

Sometimes the best thing that can be done is to protect the victim from well meaning rescuers. Thats where stabilizing the neck/spine comes in.

Please find time to take a first aid class. After all who see's more accidents on the roads than truckers, my bet is RVers.

Many states offer a 40 hour first responder course and certification exam. They are typically privately taught and run less than $500.00.

Sorry for the long post but this a favorite topic of mine.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #11

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I believe this should be a mandatory course for anyone with a drivers license.

In my 20+ years of nursing I have seen the majority of survivors are those who have had prehospital care by a first responder or citizen who learned the basics of first aid and CPR.

I have never had a patient that lived(brought back) when no aid was rendered.(CPR/ mouth to mouth, etc)

I am not certain that there is a truly correct way to preform CPR(the fact that as time rolls by and statistics change from old to new and back again)
I remember the days where it was said it is critical to have a well timed rhythm of breaths and compressions then the instruction changed and changed and changed......

I am positive that AEDs save lives! Sudden death is only one electrical impulse away and getting the AED in place, administering that shock works. The AED takes most of the guess work out- no need to on scene knowledge of type of rhythm or if/when/how much to shock

Personal experience has shown me that the variables involved with time of incident, body size, condition,etc a shock (defibrillator or AED) has saved the most.

Hope one of you good folks is around If I need it! BTW, I'm clean so you can give me the breaths as well!
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #12

CPR masks are dirt cheap and should be part of anyones first aid kit.

Along with what sdennislee said...sometimes the would be rescuer can do more harm than good. In almost every circumstance a crash victim should be left as they are found in a car. Let the professionals get them out. (Cars very very rarely catch fire in a crash...people will see smoke and think the car is on fire...usually it is the airbags which are coated in a fine powder.)
Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #13

Thank you. This is a thread that should stay at the top of the list always.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If there is enough interest, I would be willing to post a weekly first aid tip. Assuming it's acceptable to this forum.

See post a couple below this one for an example

Just sayin'

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote