Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2020, 05:29 AM   #15

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
yes, they have associate members all over the country.

let me tell you the folks that show up, bear zero resemblance to the home office.
i thought two were freaks and needed a hobbie, while the three actual experts were very professional and only the facts.

lots of "stuff" happened during their visit no joke, no way it was staged or anything.

we live with them and accept them. they dont bother us or do any weird movie stuff.
Send me some of what you been smoking or drinking.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #16

Ghosts

Back in the day, our town had this vacant lot with an RV parked on it. It had Victorian turrets, creaky white fence, and weeds growing all around it. Legend had it that it ran out of DEF while on vacation, and over time the town grew up around it.

As kids we'd dare each other to go up and knock on the door. When it was my turn, I got up close to the RV. I could hear the eerie voice of a cranky old man on the telephone, demanding to know why a service technician hadn't shown up during the two-hour service window. I was so scared I ran back home and huddled sleeplessly under the covers all night.

To this day I have nightmares about that man and that RV.
miketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #17

No ghosts,
But our last rig had an alien (from another planet) not from across the border. We took him/it to Roswell NM he/it had a good time but would not stay. When we sold that MH he/it went with it.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Those are friendly and usually welcome.

Those usually come back in the house with me when we get home.
Manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #19

That is very interesting. I believe in that stuff. We live on property where we tore down a very very old log house and built our home where it sat. For the first few years I heard footsteps going down the hall and then either it went away or we don’t notice but that seems to have stopped. Another thing, my husband was always telling me I left the basement lights on and the first few times I’d think oh I don’t remember being in the basement and then starting really paying attention and I know for sure I was not in the basement nor anybody but yet every night the lights would be on, more than one light too. That stopped too. I don’t get panicked and it could explainable but...i also heard the doorbell ringing often and I would go to the door nobody there. We live in a rural spot with a long laneway no close neighbours and can see for a Mile all around the house. No kids ringing and running. That stopped too. Weird things though. We even had electrician in to make sure there were no issues with wiring and that came up all good other than him thinking I lost my marbles explaining why I wanted the wiring checked.
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #20

My rig scares the heck out of me everytime I take it in for service!
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #21

I bought my Motorhome used. It was only 1 1/2 years old with only 5,600 miles. Was told the first owner passed and his widow sold the motorhome to the dealer, but who knows for sure if the dealer is telling the truth. Every now and then during the night I can hear foot steps and other noises. Load enough to wake me up. Doesn't bother me, I just say hello and go back to sleep.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:40 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm not sure that ghosts and extraterrestrials exist, but I am open minded to the possibility. There is so much we don’t know about this world or the next. With billions of stars and planets, isn’t it naive to think we are the only intelligent species in the universe.... that or the only plain of existence is the one we live in?

One day we humans may be as antiquated as our forebears who thought the earth was flat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:19 AM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mathematicians and physicists have shown by calculations that dimensions exist beyond our physical perception.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:43 AM   #24

Triple E Owners Club
@AbdrRahim.

Yes, the multiverse. It’s is well postulated by many. Prof Brian Cox explains it well.

Cheers

DJ
Old 01-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Mathematicians and physicists have shown by calculations that dimensions exist beyond our physical perception.
That’s what they say when they can’t solve an equation
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #26

Just curious are ghosts only human? Just wondering if I need to take mosquito repellent with me into the afterlife.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Just curious are ghosts only human? Just wondering if I need to take mosquito repellent with me into the afterlife.

Manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manana View Post
So has anyone had or heard of a haunted RV? I do not have one. I just thought of it because there seems to be a bunch of "haunted" type shows on tv right now.
I am new at this whole RV thing, but damn near everyone I have run into in this lifestyle, was pretty happy. So if you ended up with a ghost, embrace the experience and be thankful for a quiet copilot.
KC593 is offline   Reply With Quote