Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #1

Customer Service Blues

I'm trying to order some replacement stabilizer jacks from etrailer. They messed up the order and are trying to tell me that the billing address is incorrect. This is the same address that's been on my account since 2015 when I opened the account. I know the information is correct, but I called the Chase just to make sure. Yep, it's the right information. So then I called etrailer to find out what's going on. I spoke with several people, including people who claimed to be supervisors, and they all tried to tell me that my bank told them a different address. One of them even told me that I just don't know what billing address my bank has for me. Seriously? They tried to tell me that I don't know my own address. I can't even imagine what it takes to tell someone else that they don't know their own address. I would assume that my own billing department messed up long before considering that someone else doesn't know their address.

What happened to customer service? Why is it so bad? I've heard such good things about etrailer, and yet this what I get from them.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchytoe View Post
I'm trying to order some replacement stabilizer jacks from etrailer. They messed up the order and are trying to tell me that the billing address is incorrect. This is the same address that's been on my account since 2015 when I opened the account. I know the information is correct, but I called the Chase just to make sure. Yep, it's the right information. So then I called etrailer to find out what's going on. I spoke with several people, including people who claimed to be supervisors, and they all tried to tell me that my bank told them a different address. One of them even told me that I just don't know what billing address my bank has for me. Seriously? They tried to tell me that I don't know my own address. I can't even imagine what it takes to tell someone else that they don't know their own address. I would assume that my own billing department messed up long before considering that someone else doesn't know their address.

What happened to customer service? Why is it so bad? I've heard such good things about etrailer, and yet this what I get from them.
I cannot speak for etrailer or any other retailer, and I agree that customer service can approach non-existent for many. I can speculate, however, that in this case, regardless to whom you spoke, the initial response that the billing address was incorrect was entered into your "profile" when you first contacted them, and everyone who followed up simply called up your profile and repeated the same reply. I wouldn't doubt the billing department made an error--a transposed digit or a different client with a similar/same name--maybe even followed up and repeated that same error, and is standing by their conclusion. None of this would excuse the poor customer service, however. It's time to contact management, if possible, via email and make clear, in no uncertain terms, how the behavior of their customer service is degrading the reputation of the company.

Good luck.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #3

Place your order online. Then you will have 100% control over the billing and shipping addresses.
WantAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantAB View Post
Place your order online. Then you will have 100% control over the billing and shipping addresses.

I did place the order online. That's why I'm so baffled. Billing and shipping addresses are 100% correct in the order details, in the email they sent as confirmation, and in their system when they pull it up while on the phone. At first, I thought they switched billing and shipping addresses since they are different, but no less than two of the reps I talked to verified that they were not switched.

I'm mostly just venting. I remember when calling customer service actually got you to people who were helpful and could resolve issues. Sadly, the last few times I've had to call CS for something, I feel like I'm talking to the dumbest people on the planet. Etrailer has so many wonderful reviews of their CS department, so I thought it would be different. Guess I was wrong.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #5

Is there any chance the post office has changed your address? My address had a hyphen in it between two numbers ever since I bought the place in '92. All of a sudden online businesses were advising me I had not given them a correct address. The post office had decided to remove the hyphen and just leave a space between the two numbers and made this the "official" address without telling me. All the local businesses just use the old address but if I do something like a mail hold I have to use the "official" address. A online company is told by the post office that they are using a "wrong address" when they try to print a label.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:25 AM   #6

The only time I ever had an issue like that I transposed the last 2 digits of my CC. Both addresses were the same, however.
Spoonsize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service