Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I will always do what I can to avoid trouble, but in Sprigfield MO on Airport Blvd, there was (may still be) a group of rice rockets (wanna be bikers) that would play chicken with me once in a while... Sorry bout it,, I never moved an inch... I'm weighing 60-80 thousand pounds,, them,,, not so much... You just can't fix stupid.....

Good for you!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I keep telling you you can fix stupid on a one by one basis. Darwin Awards. Homo sapiens decline; Neo Sapiens rise! September 2014 is all about how stupid fixes itself.

Another true story, Part of this was on TV-2 Detroit, I got to see it all (the raw, uneditd footage) I was off duty when this happened.

Man on a stolen harley, police are closing in he is stopped at a red light, patrol comes in from the cross street, he rams it (At walking speeds) with the bike, Officer is so surprised/shocked he or she was unable to pursue.

State police car gets on him,, So he rams her (Female trooper, friend of mine) at around 45 MPH,,, what works at .45 mph is not always so easy at 45 MPH, Bike goes into around 3 or 4 orbits and thief gets a serious case of road rash as he hits the pavement.. Additional troopers arrived and off to the body shop both bike and rider went, Only in the thief's case it was the jail wing at the hospital.

Channel 2's 'Copter got it all on film too,, Very nice footage, Nice steady cam.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #17
In my road warrior sales days I occasionally stayed in the area of Youngstown, Ohio. It didn't take me long to know that after dark, when I would go get dinner, it was best to stop at a green light and check the cross traffic as it appeared no one stopped for a red light in that town. I observed it many times. People in Springfield, MA are very aggressive drivers also. I traveled every state east of the Mississippi and drove over 4.5 million accident free miles, had some close calls and saw lots of accidents but fortunate to avoid them. Crazy drivers are everywhere.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS 28 days in 2014, 47 days in 2015, 51 days in 2016 plus 6 more booked
2011 F-150 Supercrew 5.0 6spd, Me, Xyl and the 2 kids, BooBoo and Gracie (kittens)
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #18
IMO that video is a setup. Notice the "chase car" actually speeds to catch up to the subject car. The person taking the video (according to police) has never been identified by police, which itself is suspect. The traffic violator in the subject car will be caught and punished, but still sounds like kids trying to gain attention by any means.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote