Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #1

Daily red light runner in Kalamazoo

The following video was emailed to the Kalamazoo County Sheriff office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=xWwLBxTiDNs

Newspaper article
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...area_dail.html

okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The police will likely put a plain & Plain on him (Unmarked car plane cloths driver) follow him for a few miles one morning, then meet up with a uniform (Marked car) for the stop... Than call the tow truck and lead him off in bracelets.

Then he gets to be an UpStanding citizen (Standing up in front of the judge saying Yes Your Honor and No Your Honor and listening to the size of his fine and costs bill and the amount of contemplative time he will have at the county or state house of contemplation (Jail/prison)..

Six points on the license means he is half way to a goodby kiss, And as someone pointed out,, his insurance bill will pay off the state debt.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #3

After watching the video for a few minutes, thats when you want a Semi to just T-Bone the hell out of him...
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would certainly like to know the outcome of the police investigation and the end result of his court appearance. If I were a judge with him in my court, he would never drive legally again. Actually, I think he may be mentally unbalanced.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
This person could care less about a license or insurance. It is obvious they have no regard for any traffic laws or fellow drivers. If they do have a valid license, and if it were revoked, I would bet good money that they would just continue driving.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #6

There has been some updated information.
Honda driver is reported to be a 20 something male and owner is 51 yr old guy. So probably son driving dads car.

Owner won't talk to police and has hired an attorney
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a video of someone who did this very same thing except they were running the light and sign on a school bus,....EVERY MORNING!!
The video I have seen (can't find it) ends with the police car pulling the car over.
She drove off the pavement and up on the sidewalk to give the bus a wide birth. Her reason was she was late for work.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
This is a major problem here in NY, I used to have a run that took me thru Albany, NY and saw drivers running lights everyday. They are putting cameras on the signals to try and catch them.
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I worry about drivers like this cutting me off on the roads as I'm pulling my RV. All I need is a BOZO like this clipping my front end and I now have my RV up my butt, And he's driving down the road to the next intersection. With this video, if they ever catch him for reckless OP, they need to throw the book at him. This "special" person needs to be off the road period! big fine...lose license for a year.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another good reason to purchase a dash camera. They are almost a must have nowadays to protect yourself from wing nuts like this.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This kind of thing, though generally not as bad, is a problem everywhere.. I know there have been selective enforcement operations where they wrote 100 tickets an hour at a single intersection in some cities.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you for giving a damn! Thank you for being diligent and reporting this clown. He has this skill well practiced, but he's going to make a mistake one day & hurt or kill someone else. I saw several times where if someone else hadn't maneuvered to compensate, it could have been bad! I hope we get to hear that he's been prosecuted!
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Any time a violator or group of violators sets up a daily pattern the odds of getting caught go up up and I mean UP!...

Example (True) a bunch of bikers were doing practice runs on one of the Freeways in S.E. Michigan, doing wheel stands at 70 MPH and that kind of thing.. Well, they made a few practice runs, same time every day and today they are doing the MONEY run with a team in a car chasing and filming them so they can get on TV (This was back when there were a bunch of Americas Stupidist Idiot type tv shows, they wanted to get on one).

Well, they made it to the TV screen alright,, Just not the Show they wanted to be featurd on (COURT ROOM TV,, That is the one the judge watches, not Court TV (the show we can watch). Yup, they had established a pattern and there were a whole bunch of Michigan State Police waiting for them on that last run, Only one got away but we had him on video (Thanks to the film crew they had) and thus he was rounded up as well, with additional charges for attempt flee & Elude. (one of the few crimes where there is punishment if you succeed, but the attempt is not good) .

Sadly,, if you really want to get a film on Americas Stupidest Idiots you could just film an hour or two of traffic cam at rush hour.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #14

I will always do what I can to avoid trouble, but in Sprigfield MO on Airport Blvd, there was (may still be) a group of rice rockets (wanna be bikers) that would play chicken with me once in a while... Sorry bout it,, I never moved an inch... I'm weighing 60-80 thousand pounds,, them,,, not so much... You just can't fix stupid.....

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote