Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I still sport a big 3on the front of my Motorhome. You would be amazed at how many thumbs up I get, especially in the south.

Back in the 90's I lived in Conover NC for 3 years and they hated him down there, which I couldn't figure out. I was a Dale Sr fan. He even complained about the rules. As far as Jr he seems to be more into the advertising money than the race money. Seems like his will to race died with his father.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
We miss him too. It would be great if JR could pull out the win this weekend, but now he's got to start from the back.

SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo16720 View Post
Back in the 90's I lived in Conover NC for 3 years and they hated him down there, which I couldn't figure out. I was a Dale Sr fan. He even complained about the rules. As far as Jr he seems to be more into the advertising money than the race money. Seems like his will to race died with his father.
I agree about Junior. Maybe we just expect too much from him. Although Jimmy Johnsons success is partly due to his focus on Sprint Cup success. He doesn't race in other series,doesn't have other race teams, doesn't have the distractions that Junior and some of the other less successful drivers have.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #18

I'm sure Sr was with Michael tonight in the truck....aren't you?????
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
I'm sure Sr was with Michael tonight in the truck....aren't you?????
Yea, Mikie was really emotional, DW went wild.

I was watching the dual race qualifications and had to admire the way Jr handled the post race interview. He has come a long way from the days when he could hardly complete an interview.

Sr will always be missed and remembered, after all what would have happened to basketball if Michael Jordan would have dropped dead on the court?

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Big Dale Sr fan here..would love to see Jr get out of this rut. I believe "the burden was more then he could bear" with all the pressure from nascar and us as fans.. I wish him well...I would also agree it seems Nascar with all the changing of the format, the cars and changing rules daily it seems, that "quite honestly it's getting some what agravating". My son and I use to race circle track and my grandson still does. There is something to be said about Saturday night racing under the lights at a local track..........
Bring back that trill Nascar.....

Enjoy the Datona all,
Barney
Old 02-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Got my fingers crossed that Jr. wins tomorrow. He ran very well in the NW race today and appears to have a pretty fast car.

Not too concerned about him starting from the back because it's Daytona!
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #22

I have to admit that I own and keep boxes of stuff from Sr. I revered the man. I went to every race for years up to 1998. I started in the 60s following NASCAR.

I have tried many times to get over Srs. death. I tried watching the tribute to Dale on SPEED. 5 MINUTES in to it , I have to turn it away.

I love Jr. Not cause he is a Earnhart, but because of his lack of swagger because he is an Earnhart. He treats, or so I see, others with more respect that he asks for in return. I have personally seen him give races away to new drivers. Look at Bristol where he ALLOWED Sadler to win. There are others too.

If I were in his shoes, I do not think I could handle it the way he has. My hats off to him for his attitude to others and the sport. He knows that the sport is bigger than him.

Some day I hope to accept the death of Sr, at least I hope so.

Nascar racing that I have seen the past two weeks is SICKENING.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #23

And I to am a Sr & Jr fan. I couldn't figure out why all those people down in NC didn't like him. Granted they had a lot of drivers from the area to choose from and me being from Pa was the only one that liked him. As far as the races go they are very boring with all the rules. I can understand the safety stuff but they might as well just go to a 10 lap race and get it over with. Just like the NFL and the Goverment they are screwing everything up. After the 500 I might watch the Talledaga race and thats it for me!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
NASCAR will never do it, but if they wanted to run real V-8, front engine, rear drive production-based cars again, the Big 3 are well represented by the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger. I guess they had rather run their cookie-cutter, identical, can't tell 'em apart, has absolutely nothing to do with production cars, spec-car "Car of Tomorrow" instead of anything the car makers could "race on Sunday and sell on Monday". Too bad....

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
At the risk of all you Earnhart fans jumping on me, I didn't like him as a racer. But one thing for sure, he brought excitement to the race anytime he was in the top 10. That's because he felt he could win any race where he was that close to the front even if he was 5 laps down.

I do miss the excitement and drama he brought. Thought for a while Kyle Bush was going to do that for us, but NASCAR has way too much control of the drivers and teams now. They are making a gentlemans sport of something that was the opposite of that from its inception.

Dave
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #26
mjp

National RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ten years since his death, doesn't seem that long ago.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I quick watching NASCAR when they quit watching the fans. It has become a very tiring sport that goes round and round and round. I liked the run what you brung style that NASCAR used to be years ago.

I watched the "Scott's Tournament of Hearts" women's curling competition instead.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
They say Nascar is going into a slump; Well all week at Daytona, It appiered the stands were Full or near full. On Sundays race over 150.000 Thousand fans. That's what the announcer said. To let JR. win would have been disappointing, So they have a new person win to try to bring new fans into the sport;; Lets be honest with/to ourselves It's controled by the Big bucks. Like GMC .FORD.TOYOTA> The beer comps, The list goes on and on Thy are trying to find ways to extract more money from us.. And you know what.. They are Doing IT; they are playing us;; We are talking about it. Telling our friends. Chev. Or whatever won the Daytona;; Life is good;