Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
Dash Cam

Anybody have a Dash Cam that keeps track and records what happens out the front windshield?

CA Harts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep search the forum for dash cam.

Mark Taylor
1999 Bounder 32H Ford V10, 2012 Ford Focus, Pretty DW, 2 cats. Retired USAF
mrt_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #3

They are too cheap there day not to have one
Dale & Mark Bruss
10 Years Full-Timing now 40' Travel Supreme
Now with a 2016 Bounder 33C
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
CA Harts....

Click here This is where you can find some discussion on dash cams.

"In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." Unknown
Don and Dale (2015 Tiffin 32 SA with 5ST, CHF, Safe-T-Plus and EEZRV TPMS) RVM106
Don and Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
I have a dual camera system. I put what was designed to be the rear camera in my drivers side window which records my left side along with a great view of my mirror which records my lane position and anything passing me on the left.
Tom & Jodie
2014 Fleetwood Excursion 35B
Tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #6
Yes, I have a dash cam. They seem to have growing popularity. I haven't used it lately. I plan to use it for my next long trip across country. It can be a great device to prove you innocence (or guilt) if you ever observe or are in an accident which can not be disputed in court. If an event happens you can save the information so it will not be overwritten. Most have a time stamp that is programmable. Some also record voice in the vehicle which may or may not be a good thing. I bought mine on Ebay for I think around $30 plus a memory chip which can be bought for an additional 5-10 dollars. If you check Ebay most are identical except for the price. The bigger the memory the longer they record before overwriting the information. Before I got the dash cam I had an improvised mount for a Sony handy cam that I used on a trip though the Colorado mountains and Utah to record the scenery. You can download a trip from the memory chip for remembrance. If you have ever seen recordings on You Tube made in Russia of the horrific drivers they have over there you can see the value. Many people in countries like Russia have dash cams because it will allow them to have cheaper insurance since they can prove guilt (or innocence) in an accident. There was a recent video that was taken by a OTR truck driver the showed MH as it was passing him and a front tire blowing on the MH that went into the median a rolled over. It showed exactly what caused the incident. Some have motion detection so they record only when a vehicle is moving so no need to think about turning it on or off.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS 28 days in 2014, 47 days in 2015, 51 days in 2016 plus 6 more booked
2011 F-150 Supercrew 5.0 6spd, Me, Xyl and the 2 kids, BooBoo and Gracie (kittens)
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I bought two of these because they were so cheap! They seem to do a good job!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought this one:
Robot Check

We wanted one we could view at a decent screen size (1920x1080 high def) and also be able to view license plates. It's pointless to own a dash cam if you can't make out the license plate. This one has filled the bill quite nicely, my wife uses it on her daily commute in Chicago. The way some of these morons drive it has become an essential piece of equipment.

Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote