Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #43

Hard getting up this morning. Leaving for Myrtle beach, which made it somewhat easier....

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #44

Indiana

Somewhat recently Indiana changed its system to observe DST instead of being with AZ & HI. If you want to ruin a social gathering at church or in the neighbor's home, just bring up the subject on DST. It's Virginia and West Virginia 1861 all over again. You would think that your just mentioned that their first born was an idiot.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #45

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Since I have retired I don't even know what day of the week it is! Much less what time it is....
Just remember the time if an emergency responder asks you. Knowing the time is one of three questions often used to determine your mental orientation.

I would be in trouble also. Most of the time the best I can do in what month it is!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Worked out good for me last night at work, at 2 am the clock went ahead, so.....worked 9 hours and got paid for 10! Woop-eeeeeee
Over time to boot.....
Old 03-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #47
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post

Well, duh, I meant that the changing of the clocks signals (to me) that the daylight hours are getting longer than the DARK hours.
must be a valley girl phrase,
Old 03-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #48

just wish they would leave it alone. Standard time, more daylight in the morning, DST, more in the evening which I admit is nicer in the summer. Still, it's a pain in the patoot. I can never remember how to reset the vehicle clocks. Won't matter after this year though. I'll be retired. Light I get up, dark I go to bed. Simple
Old 03-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #49

What does iregardless mean? I don't see this in Websters.

As for DST, I thought it was great when I was doing 8-5 but now I make my own clock so it does not effect me any longer.

please explain how it lengthens daylight hrs. this makes no sense. the sun comes up and goes down ireguardless of what our watches say. days get longer but not because of the switching of dst from st.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=dennis45;1960694]What does iregardless mean? I don't see this in Websters.

Here ya go Dennis........ Irregardless - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Old 03-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Always puzzled me why, when we lived in Alaska, Alaska went along with the DST thing - in the winter it's dark most of the day, and in the summer, it's light most of the day.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
Always puzzled me why, when we lived in Alaska, Alaska went along with the DST thing - in the winter it's dark most of the day, and in the summer, it's light most of the day.
I was there in the summer and the Sun actually made a small circle in the sky and never set . I suppose it has to do businesses dealing with others who rely on the knowledge of their time zone when doing business.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I was there in the summer and the Sun actually made a small circle in the sky and never set . I suppose it has to do businesses dealing with others who rely on the knowledge of their time zone when doing business. .
Hi Cliff. Yup - commerce drives it. Back when, we had two time zones from Anchorage to the west coast. Then they combined it to one, so we'd just be an hour off left coast time. And, youre also correct about the sun going in a circle overhead. Always fun to see. In the winter, it just goes across the southern sky, barely peaking above the horizon. That wasn't quite as much fun to experience...but it made you a genuine sourdough.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Just another great reason I love Arizona.

I never have to reset all our Clocks and Watches.
rivernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently bought a new car and just found out the clock has a setting to automatically change on DST. Cool. Now if only all my other clocks had this .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I always liked the old Indian saying describing DST as being similar to making a blanket longer by cutting a foot off one end and sewing it on the other end.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote