Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #1

Dentists and Optometrists in Algodones, Mexico

Looking for members positive experiences with dentists and optometrists in Algodones.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by namesiw22 View Post
Looking for members positive experiences with dentists and optometrists in Algodones.
I know more and more US citizens are seeking medical care in Mexican locations and I guess you're right, word of mouth might be the best resource since there isn't a BBB to check. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #3

I don't know anything about that area, however, I would like to find info about a dentist in Progresso, Mx.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #4

Google "algodones dentist" and get lots of info to research.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I know of six people that have used Dr Virginia Castro, DDS in Algondones and all have been very satisfied with her work. And, they have used multiple times, not just once.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
MEXICO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I know more and more US citizens are seeking medical care in Mexican locations and I guess you're right, word of mouth might be the best resource since there isn't a BBB to check. Good luck!
I am not sure where Algodones is, but I have been going to the dentist in Mexico (Nogales) for years. The dental work is fine and the cost is about 1/3 of what I would pay in the USA. In Mexico, at least where I go, the dentist cleans your teeth, not a hygienist. I like this because the dentist has a better chance of finding even a very small problem. I can't see making the USA dentists rich because they over-charge.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #7

My wife and I have used Algodones dentists for years with positive results. I have had less trouble with work done in Algodones than in the USA. My wife uses Carmen Ovando next to the Catholic Church. Even speaks English.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to disup
Had new bridge 7teeth and gum work done in OCT 09 2800.00 a woman very good she speaks English staff a little. I would go again DR Montoya USA # for appt 928-941-1054. Hope this helps better late than never
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The Escapees magazine, January/February issue, has an article on dentists in Mexico. They recommend:

Dr. Sergio Bernal in San Luis Rio Colorado, MX, which is just across the border south of Yuma. 011-52-653-534-6651

Dr. Liliana Lopez, Angel's Dental Clinic, Los Algodones, www.angelsdentalclinic.com

Dr. Guadalupe Montoya Garcia, Los Algodones,
www.montoyadental.com

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #10

We've been going to a Mexican dentist in Techate near San Diego for 10 years. Her prices are about 20% of what we would pay here in Vegas. When I had insurance last year I decided to go to an American dentist for a full mouth X-ray and cleaning as it was covered by my insurance. They knew I had been going to a Mexican dentist for years. The only comment the dentist had was that the crown I had when I broke a tooth looked very good. However, they billed my insurance company for cleaning my teeth which they didn't do. Instead they measured the space to my gums which the insurance company would not cover trying to sell me a deep cleaning that I didn't need! I like the fact that when you have an appointment they see you on time. They only work on you during your appointment not 6 other people. Mexican dentists are honest and do high quality work. I do think it pays to get recommendations as some dentists are better than others.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
We have just finished multiple days of treatments in Algodones, and are very pleased with the results.

I had the lenses in my glasses replaced. New transition tri-focal lenses, with the coating that changes with the light. Old frames are good and comfortable so I didn't want to mess with them. Cost, $ 99.00, ready in 2 hours, and better than the last lenses, done in the US for much more. Work was done by Algonodes Optical on Avenue A. Also included and eye exam. I thought I had a problem with my prescription but they found that when the last lenses were made the transition was set wrong.

Carit's Dental, Dr. Rafael Cordova worked on both DW and me, and did a great job. US number 928 482-7102.

The work he did was extensive, but not expensive. Both had cleanings, I had a new bridge made and done in 2-3 hours. DW finally decided to have her teeth done, all old caps removed, all teeth treated and prepped, all new porcelin caps. A lot of work, done over a 3 day period. She also had 2 wisdom teeth removed. All included, out the door, $4100.00. She had gotten estimates from dentists in the states that went from 18 to 24 K and would have taken months to complete.

Yuma has been a good stop for us.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdl View Post
I don't know anything about that area, however, I would like to find info about a dentist in Progresso, Mx.
DW used this dentist in December... very happy with the work: Dr. Ricardo Carreon & Associates

Eh!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #13

Thanks for all the replies
Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #14

Great Dentist

When I needed a dentist in 2000 I ask around the LOW group at the Slabs.. About 15 of them were using Guadalupe Montoya Garcia. www.montoyadental.com
Got 8 crowns and some other work done for less than $1,400.00. Just went back to her last week. Need 4 more crowns and a filling. Am still pleased with her work and do not hesitate to recommend her. Will be going again this Friday to have her finish the work.