Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in the west
Posts: 1,168
I use the Alamo Clinic, they have a web site! Ed
__________________

__________________
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #30
Member
 
lowpasslew's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pensacola Area
Posts: 61
Life deals people different hands to play.

Life deals people different hands to play. Well, life is not a game of chance. People make decisions that affect the rest of their life. To study in school and make the best grades possible. To have sex and have children you cannot support. To watch TV instead of studying for tests. to enjoy live at the pool or beach instead of trying to get ahead in life. To serve in the military to get education benefits that the government now takes away. Some people are born with mental and physical disabilities that are caused by their parents drinking and smoking. They can't help it. I Know, I adopted three of these people, and then raised three of their children who had the same problems. Life isn't fair, but it helps to make good decisions early in life, guided by religious principles. God gives us guidelines to follow, and if we don't listen, we suffer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore View Post
drfife - This post started out as simply a request for information concerning dentists in Nogales, Mexico. Geez, my motives are my own and I don't have to defend them. If you don't have constructive information that's fine with me. I didn't ask for advice as to whether or not going to a dentist in Mexico was a good idea. When you start paying my bills, then you can start making my decisions for me.

As for your other comments about expensive rigs and extravagant lifestyles, they were not appropriate. Yes, some people do have the means by which to live in that fashion. Some of us live in very basic rigs because we can't afford the expensive motorhome, toad, and the house on the lake. The RV lifestyle can be very inexpensive at the basic level.

Life deals people different hands to play. Some have better hands than others. It doesn't mean that one group is better that the other. At our final destination, we will all be the same.
__________________

__________________
lowpasslew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 524
Where is Alamo Clinic?
__________________
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpasslew View Post
Life deals people different hands to play. Well, life is not a game of chance. People make decisions that affect the rest of their life. To study in school and make the best grades possible. To have sex and have children you cannot support. To watch TV instead of studying for tests. to enjoy live at the pool or beach instead of trying to get ahead in life. To serve in the military to get education benefits that the government now takes away. Some people are born with mental and physical disabilities that are caused by their parents drinking and smoking. They can't help it. I Know, I adopted three of these people, and then raised three of their children who had the same problems. Life isn't fair, but it helps to make good decisions early in life, guided by religious principles. God gives us guidelines to follow, and if we don't listen, we suffer.
Lew--you are responding to a post made in 2004. I hope the OP has had his dental work done by now.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #33
Registered User
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: May 2008
Location: N. Palm Springs CA (in winter)
Posts: 2,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
this is a very slow thread over 10 years and i am #28 with nothig to add
brianj
It will get busier when Barry Care kicks in.
__________________
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 297
In Feb, I went to Dental Arts in Nogales. Had a bad bridge, and requested that it be replaced by 2 crowns. I was quoted $1900 for a replacement bridge, but decided to go with the 2 crowns at $600 total.

The dentist, Dr. Cosme Cantu Davis, was as good a dentist as I have ever had. Before he started the repair of the "post tooth" screwed up by the US dentist, I told him that because I've had both knees replaced, that I would need to take antibiotics before he began. He stood up, said follow me, and he took me to the pharmacy next door and told them to give me antibiotics (which cost $7), and then we went back and he started the work.

He took a personal check for payment, half of the cost when he did the prep, and the other half when I returned for the crowns.

His office is brand new, with the best equipment and the sanitary precautions were as good as I have seen.

The office is less that a 10 min walk from the border, and if you want safe parking on the US side, the McDonalds parking is only $4/day.

Highly recommended. His office US phone number is 520-303-1715.
__________________
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Nitrohorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
In Feb, I went to Dental Arts in Nogales. Had a bad bridge, and requested that it be replaced by 2 crowns. I was quoted $1900 for a replacement bridge, but decided to go with the 2 crowns at $600 total.

The dentist, Dr. Cosme Cantu Davis, was as good a dentist as I have ever had. Before he started the repair of the "post tooth" screwed up by the US dentist, I told him that because I've had both knees replaced, that I would need to take antibiotics before he began. He stood up, said follow me, and he took me to the pharmacy next door and told them to give me antibiotics (which cost $7), and then we went back and he started the work.

He took a personal check for payment, half of the cost when he did the prep, and the other half when I returned for the crowns.

His office is brand new, with the best equipment and the sanitary precautions were as good as I have seen.

The office is less that a 10 min walk from the border, and if you want safe parking on the US side, the McDonalds parking is only $4/day.

Highly recommended. His office US phone number is 520-303-1715.

I guess the money he saves by not having any malpractice insurance allows him to charge less for his service. Good luck if anything goes wrong during his treatments....you're what we call SOL in the USA.
__________________
Nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrohorse View Post
I guess the money he saves by not having any malpractice insurance allows him to charge less for his service. Good luck if anything goes wrong during his treatments....you're what we call SOL in the USA.
Well, being an American, I've heard of SOL. Let me recap a little: I was in Mexico replacing a $4000 bridge that an American dentist screwed up. The Mexican dentist fixed what the American dentist screwed up.

What I'm SOL about is the $4000 I spent extra by not going to Mexican Dentist in the first place.
__________________
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:

The dentist, Dr. Cosme Cantu Davis, was as good a dentist as I have ever had. Before he started the repair of the "post tooth" screwed up by the US dentist, I told him that because I've had both knees replaced, that I would need to take antibiotics before he began. He stood up, said follow me, and he took me to the pharmacy next door and told them to give me antibiotics (which cost $7), and then we went back and he started the work.
.
He should have done that without you telling him. Did you not have to fill out a health history. Did he not look at it. He could have killed you.
__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
In Feb, I went to Dental Arts in Nogales. Had a bad bridge, and requested that it be replaced by 2 crowns. I was quoted $1900 for a replacement bridge, but decided to go with the 2 crowns at $600 total.

The dentist, Dr. Cosme Cantu Davis, was as good a dentist as I have ever had. Before he started the repair of the "post tooth" screwed up by the US dentist, I told him that because I've had both knees replaced, that I would need to take antibiotics before he began. He stood up, said follow me, and he took me to the pharmacy next door and told them to give me antibiotics (which cost $7), and then we went back and he started the work.

He took a personal check for payment, half of the cost when he did the prep, and the other half when I returned for the crowns.

His office is brand new, with the best equipment and the sanitary precautions were as good as I have seen.

The office is less that a 10 min walk from the border, and if you want safe parking on the US side, the McDonalds parking is only $4/day.

Highly recommended. His office US phone number is 520-303-1715.
Why do you say the American dentist screwed it up? What did your new dentist do to correct it? Just askin....
__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Why do you say the American dentist screwed it up? What did your new dentist do to correct it? Just askin....
The front post was not big enough to hold the bridge in place. He totally rebuilt the post before he placed the crown.

And, no he couldn't have killed me, I just gave him a gentle reminder about the antibiotics, and then he escorted me to the pharmacia and I procured what he ordered. It was all good.

Now, spending $4000 on a bridge to nowhere, that about killed me.
__________________
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
The front post was not big enough to hold the bridge in place. He totally rebuilt the post before he placed the crown.

And, no he couldn't have killed me, I just gave him a gentle reminder about the antibiotics, and then he escorted me to the pharmacia and I procured what he ordered. It was all good.

Now, spending $4000 on a bridge to nowhere, that about killed me.
Good, now as long as he didn't perforate or strip when he enlarged the post or weaken the root so that it will split when the post acts like a wedge in the tooth you should be good to go. Glad you are happy. Not all stateside dentists are good.
__________________
Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #41
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the steering wheel
Posts: 996
ive talked to lots of people who use dentists in algadones mexico. i didnt meet one who was dissatisfied. most tell me that the cost is about 30 percent of what u.s. dentist charge. i believe most of the difference is liability insurance. i understand the opposition of the posting dentist. but his remarks about rv'ers wasnt appropriate. sounded a lot like sour grapes
__________________

__________________
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Mexico Excel Spring Camp-Out In Las Cruces, New Mexico ChiefJohn Excel Owner's Forum 1 05-02-2007 04:28 AM
Nogales to Kino bay two sailors Navigation, Routes & Roads 6 12-15-2006 06:43 AM
Nogales Dentist, eyecare Dave Bowers Full-Timers 1 11-07-2006 09:51 AM
MEXICO Magic Carpet Pilot iRV2.com General Discussion 5 10-29-2006 09:02 AM
Mexico Magic Carpet Pilot Canada Region 13 10-05-2006 02:33 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.