Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2004, 03:23 AM   #1

We want to get some dental work done in Mexico since we don't have dental insurance and can't afford the rates that U.S. dentists charge. We would appreciate information about English speaking dentists in Nogales, Mexico.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2004, 03:23 AM   #2

We want to get some dental work done in Mexico since we don't have dental insurance and can't afford the rates that U.S. dentists charge. We would appreciate information about English speaking dentists in Nogales, Mexico.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:23 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Be careful.

Don't look for bargains in health care or parachutes.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #4

drfife, you obviously have had extensive personal experience with Mexican dentists. I would welcome specific information.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:06 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sycamore:
...drfife, you obviously have had extensive personal experience with Mexican dentists. I would welcome specific information... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm an American dentist in Dallas, Texas.

I've had the unfortunate opportunity to repair previous treatment delivered by dentists in Mexico.

Like I said, be very careful.

Good luck...

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 12-17-2004, 03:27 AM   #6

drfife, thanks for your information. As I said earlier, I can no longer afford the price of dental care, or prescription drugs, on this side of the border. It works out to be either no dental care or try to find a reliable source in Mexico.

Sometimes, we do what we have to do rather than what we want to do.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:32 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sycamore:
...Sometimes, we do what we have to do rather than what we want to do... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sycamore:

Basic dental care is affordable by the majority of US population. The more extravagant and optional treatment is more expensive.

I'm amazed at RVers in general. They will buy a $200+ motorhome or a $50+K towable with a $40K+ tow vehicle and then claim they are destitute.

Rv'ing is recreational and optional. Taking care of your body is a requirement for good health.

Sycamore, my comments are not directed at you or intended as a flame, just my personal observations. Your situation may well be different, if so do not take offense.

Like I said in my original reply:
"Be careful.

Don't look for bargains in health care or parachutes.'

Good luck with whatever you decide.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 12-18-2004, 05:04 AM   #8

drfife - This post started out as simply a request for information concerning dentists in Nogales, Mexico. Geez, my motives are my own and I don't have to defend them. If you don't have constructive information that's fine with me. I didn't ask for advice as to whether or not going to a dentist in Mexico was a good idea. When you start paying my bills, then you can start making my decisions for me.

As for your other comments about expensive rigs and extravagant lifestyles, they were not appropriate. Yes, some people do have the means by which to live in that fashion. Some of us live in very basic rigs because we can't afford the expensive motorhome, toad, and the house on the lake. The RV lifestyle can be very inexpensive at the basic level.

Life deals people different hands to play. Some have better hands than others. It doesn't mean that one group is better that the other. At our final destination, we will all be the same.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:28 AM   #9
CD

Sycamore
I went to Dr. Parr in Algodones near Yuma about 5yrs ago. I know others that have had good work there. I had my teeth pulled and dentures made for $800 compared to $3K here.
drfife
I won't question your comment about affordable dental work here but I think what I had done is pretty basic. Yes I agree "BE CAREFULL".

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:57 AM   #10

CD, thanks for your info on Dr. Parr in Algodones. It may well be a good idea to go to Algodones rather that Nogales as I have had several reccomendations for dentists in that area.

I would be careful in obtaining medical and dental treatment regardless of whether in Mexico or the U.S.. There are unqualified providers in both countries.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:57 PM   #11

No offense,but
I think drfife was giving you good advice and trying to put things in perspective,wether it applied to you or not.I like the fact that a legit Dentist posts here.When you ask for advice you pretty much gotta prepare for the advice ,no matter if it's what you want to hear or not.Just my 2 cents.BTW I am in pretty much the same shoes,no insurance and in need of a lot of dental work.I do a little at a time,pay it off and do more work.My Dentist is great that way,he knows how it is out there and takes care of his patients

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:49 AM   #12

Please re-read my initial post. I asked for INFORMATION - not ADVICE. These are not the same thing! Information can be very valuable. Advice is usually worthless.

I would like to withdraw the original post. Administrator - please delete it immediately. I will not make this mistake again.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 AM   #13
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I would like to withdraw the original post. Administrator - please delete it immediately. I will not make this mistake again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Keep your shirt on. When you post a question along these lines you might normally expect to receive a few opinions since this question really is a lightning rod.

On the other hand if you wait long enough someone will come across with the information you're looking for. All things come to those who wait.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #14

I did a Google search on your question and found this: http://www.faqfarm.com/Health/Dental/43093

Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote