Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Agree with buying used. You'll take a terrible beating on depreciation on a new one, plus you'll spend months working out the bugs...I don't care what brand it is. Pick a higher end used coach with the floor plan you like, hold your breath and write the check.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #30

Yes you can save money buying used however some people do not like owning other people's stuff due to not knowing how it was maintained.

I would bet leftover 15's could be purchased for a pretty good discount. Back in the summer of 09 we purchased a leftover 08 and were able to get over 40% off msrp which should be able to be done today. The RV spent months the first year at a horrible dealership trying to fix stuff, created more issues then they fixed. Then we realized fleetwood was made 2.5 hours from home and they had it fixed in a few days. Fleetwood treated me so well my next RV will be from that company, it will just be used and a DP vs a new gas coach that I had...

I do not need a high end unit, can't afford one. Plan on getting a 2005-2010 fleetwood DP.
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #31

We forget now that 2008 and 2009 was a recession!! Maybe some of you didn't know it. RV companies went out of business. They were giving them away. Now gas is cheap, and our stock is back (except for the last few weeks). You will not find many leftover 15's let alone 40% discount. The cycle will return, but it will not be this year!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #32

Yes, middle of depression however after doing some searching for a used RV, I have seen numerous new RV's +/-40% in the last few months that I have been searching.

We were aware of fleetwood financial troubles when we purchased the bounder
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I too would recommend used. That being said I also purchased a very good and comprehensive extended service plan.

This takes the stress out of the cost of repairs.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #34

We went to lazydays looking to purchase a new 2016 Entegra. We did not care for the outside color on the only one with the floor plan we wanted.
Someone was trading in a 2015 with 6,000 miles on it, exact floor plan we wanted, and colors that we liked.
We bought the 2015, got 1 1/2 years of the factory warranty transferred to us, and saved a bunch of money as well.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, quality