Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #15

You'd be surprised how many RV's are purchased on an "easy payment plan" and sit in rented storage areas to rot, never really going everywhere. People do crazy stuff sometimes.

That's kinda why I like to go to state parks and big family style resorts - people out using their RV's no matter what kind they are or condition they are in. Making noise and having a good time - that's what it's all about!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
You'd be surprised how many RV's are purchased on an "easy payment plan" and sit in rented storage areas to rot, never really going everywhere. People do crazy stuff sometimes.

That's kinda why I like to go to state parks and big family style resorts - people out using their RV's no matter what kind they are or condition they are in. Making noise and having a good time - that's what it's all about!
There is internet evidence to support your statement. We are looking for a Cl A MH and I'm amazed at the number of pre-2005 diesel pusher MH's for sale with less than 50,000 miles.
However, the bottom line is; it's their money to spend as they choose.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Now I promise this is not out of jealousy, cause I do love my beautiful vintage c but I am totally perplexed of the extreme popularity of the large class A coaches including DP. Now I do understand that a lot of people have them as their retirement dreams being fulfilled, and believe you me, as soon as I am in the position to retire ( 30 yrs) i will be probably doing the same. But what boggles my mind from what I can tell by user profiles how many of these high dollar units are " 30 something's " and with kids yet!!! I don't know about other parents out there but my kids are well behaved, but still manage to break everything!!! (Half the reason for a 22 yr old Motorhome, they could burn it down i will only be out 10k lol )

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how people are affording these? I am a Canuck but work or an American based company and it seems like once a week I get a doom and gloom email from our CEO about the state of the countries economy but yet it seems like there is no shortage of 85000+ units cruising around the country at $4 a gallon for fuel. Are the borrowing rules more relaxed down there? Is there more of a " scew it if I'm in debt. I'm gonna be in debt for the rest of my life" attitude ? I am honestly not asking the state of my fellow RV'rs finances, just what their attitude towards actually " owning" their coach. To the folks that are doing it and loving it, please keep it going because tourism is still a viable income to the American economy and yes I do think us campers are the biggest, friendliest and happiest community, if I haven't met you yet, I can't wait to meet you soon
The misses and I are mid to late 40 somethings and we finally got to the point where we can save to buy a big Class A DP. Everyone has their dreams and I hope everyone gets what they want. We're trying really hard to.

Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote