Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Different standards?

Think About This.... I know we don't have all the facts but after reading about the US soldier who shot up Afghanistan civilians, I couldn't help noticing an irony. There is all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind his having suffered a traumatic brain injury. Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah akbar, still hasn't stood trial, and they are still debating whether he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible. So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately. But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience. Two and a half years later, they still haven't tried the murderous idiot.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
YUP< YUP right on
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is the difference between a justice system that can resist mob influence and make a judgement on all facts and one that allows a mob to influence the justice system with its emotion
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #4

It just depends on who you are dancing for.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Think of it THIS way: The guy that killed the Afghanis did far worse for us than the guy that killed our troops. The guy that killed the Afghanis has single handedly reversed every progress we have made towards our goals in Afghanistan, making all the kids who have died and were wounded over there, and their families, INCLUDING the ones Hassan wounded and killed, sacrifice in vain. Now, if we are to achieve the stated goals, we have to start over. How many more of our guys will have to die because of what this guy undid?

Hassan was a lunatic, and he did some terrible damage shooting up our guys. This other guy's actions made all of our sacrifice over there for nothing. To me this is unforgivable, and Hassan's crime pales in comparison.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #6

For those thinking we're made progress in Afghanistan or Iraq...just watch! We haven't even cleared out of Iraq yet, look what's happening. Afghanistan is no different. ANYONE who thinks those countries will ever have a government like ours, freedoms like we do is "smoking something" They have been killing each other for 2000 years, we're not gonna change that. We have the weakest people in the highest office I've ever seen. This soldier has been the service 8 years, working on his 4th tour in a combat zone, has to walk around on a base where AFGHAN soldiers shoots American soldiers. I've been in his shoes (24 years). The American people need to stand up for our soldiers. Not saying what he did was right/wrong. He, his family and all of our soldiers, sailors, marines and air force needs our prayer and support. We need to our soldiers out of these places. If we not willing to fight a war and WIN, don't waste our soldiers lives.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by longarrow View Post
For those thinking we're made progress in Afghanistan or Iraq...just watch! We haven't even cleared out of Iraq yet, look what's happening. Afghanistan is no different. ANYONE who thinks those countries will ever have a government like ours, freedoms like we do is "smoking something" They have been killing each other for 2000 years, we're not gonna change that. We have the weakest people in the highest office I've ever seen. This soldier has been the service 8 years, working on his 4th tour in a combat zone, has to walk around on a base where AFGHAN soldiers shoots American soldiers. I've been in his shoes (24 years). The American people need to stand up for our soldiers. Not saying what he did was right/wrong. He, his family and all of our soldiers, sailors, marines and air force needs our prayer and support. We need to our soldiers out of these places. If we not willing to fight a war and WIN, don't waste our soldiers lives.

AMEN!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
+1 I agree 100% with the above statement. 100%.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I agree, it will never change.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #11

Longarrow's rant is about the most blatantly political I've seen - why has it been allowed to stand? This "weakess people in the highest office" got Osama and cleaned up Libia. It has continuiously supported our troops. What both soldiers did was wrong and they need to be punished but all in good time and under military law.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
Longarrow's rant is about the most blatantly political I've seen - why has it been allowed to stand? This "weakess people in the highest office" got Osama and cleaned up Libia. It has continuiously supported our troops. What both soldiers did was wrong and they need to be punished but all in good time and under military law.
Oh... I thought he was talking about the previous administration, who took us into Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. My bad.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess I am not understanding the OPs point. Nither have been tried or convicted, only accused, how could it be considered a different standard.
I have not heard of an execution being called for by anyone without going through the US judicial process.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
His post is political but yours is not...?

Closed Thread